Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: my dwarves keep sticking buckets of brewable liquids in barrels.  (Read 579 times)

JestersKing

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hail, dorfers.

(I appologize if this goes under a different thread.. first post )
So I've recently begun modding my DF and for my third project, I decided to create a domestic milkable insect-type creature, whose "milk" product is brewable. Everything worked fine in testing and for the first few seasons of actual play, but as I started getting a surplus of barrels and pots the dwarves started putting full buckets of bug juice inside barrels which, for some reason, blocks the still from thinking that the bug juice is available for use in the brewing reaction.

I'm using version 40.24 on LNP, so I'm running with DFhack on. So far, the only way i can find to make the system work is to confine the still, farmers workshop and stockpiles for the juice, buckets and barrels to thier own burrow, or use a complicated series of give/take links, but I'd much rather not have to do that.

Anyway. If there's anyone out there who would know anything about solving the issue and wants to weigh in, I'd appreciate it :)

Kneenibble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: my dwarves keep sticking buckets of brewable liquids in barrels.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 03:54:12 pm »

There is a perhaps related bug where dwarves will load a single bucket full of lye into a barrel, rendering it unusable for making soap.  The solution for that is to:

(1) dump the buckets (only the buckets, not the barrel they're in);
(2) make certain that lye is forbidden from any food stockpile that allows barrels;
(3) make a separate stockpile that permits only lye, and allows 0 barrels;
(4) reclaim the buckets from the dump zone.

The dwarves will then haul the buckets to the lye stockpile and they will be usable; the buckets will, thenceforth, only go to the barrelless stockpile.  I think this bug also applies to milk if you're trying to make cheese.  I'm not sure if you can do that with a modded-in liquid, but it seems like it must be related.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:24:01 pm by Kneenibble »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: my dwarves keep sticking buckets of brewable liquids in barrels.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

There is a related bug on the bug tracker which Toady has mentioned solving for the upcoming version. It's possible that the fix extends to this bug as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu