Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: You Can't Die 3!  (Read 8573 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die 3! (interactive storytelling game) More Participants Please
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2015, 12:05:13 am »

now comes the hard part. keeping their attention on us while our comrades snipe them down. since we don't have fire protection, we are in deep shit, sooo.. lets start running while insulting their mothers (who were probably hamsters) and their fathers (who probably smell of elderberries)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2015, 04:19:42 pm »

Grab a shield off the ground, then throw it at them. Grab another shield and charge

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2015, 09:04:05 pm »

Grab a shield off the ground, then throw it at them. Grab another shield and charge
now comes the hard part. keeping their attention on us while our comrades snipe them down. since we don't have fire protection, we are in deep shit, sooo.. lets start running while insulting their mothers (who were probably hamsters) and their fathers (who probably smell of elderberries)
Noticing your lack of fire protection, you grab a metal shield from a fallen soldier. You strafe left and right while insulting their mothers and fathers, saying they either were hamsters, or smelt of elderberries. Then, when the most of them were facing you, you throw your only fire protaction at them. They were not suspecting this, so your shield kills 2 by hitting them straight in the head. The ones with flamethrowers take a moment before firing at you. But by then, you had picked up another shield. You hold it for dear life as fire licks the air around you. You glance backwards and see some soldiers coming at you with scimitars and spears.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2015, 10:46:52 am »

Fall down with our shield above us just before they hit us, so they "Run us over"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2015, 11:24:22 pm »

You collapse to the ground, your shield falling on top of you. The men running at you from behind suddenly find themselves engulfed by the flame of their comrades. The flamethrower soldiers assume you are dead and resume assulting the walls. But their numbers are severely depleted. They also look to be on the verge of routing.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2015, 02:27:07 am »

Keeping the shield, grab another flamethrower and follow the logical course of !!MURDER!! from there.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2015, 04:19:16 am »

Keeping the shield, grab another flamethrower and follow the logical course of !!MURDER!! from there.
no, don't grab a flamethrower. most of the remaining soldiers are flame retardant. grab a scimitar and use that instead since we now are once again ignored, and go on another backstabbing spree.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2015, 04:29:30 am »

I agree.

Incidentally, how to these flamethrowers work? I assume they're fairly standard, using compressed gas to throw fuel, but is it a videogame-style short range cone of flames, or an actual-military-style fifteen-meter jet of sticky liquid fuel?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2015, 04:55:04 am »

(I saw the request for participants, so I am posting, but have only read a few lines from the first post and briefly glanced at a couple of posts, so basically know nothing, there is something about snipers and distractions?)
Backwards somersault leading into a side-ways splits with an over-emphasised smile and jazz-hands.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2015, 06:37:18 am »

(I saw the request for participants, so I am posting, but have only read a few lines from the first post and briefly glanced at a couple of posts, so basically know nothing, there is something about snipers and distractions?)
Backwards somersault leading into a side-ways splits with an over-emphasised smile and jazz-hands.
that was several posts ago. we can use that for our victory dance though.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »

I am sorry to everybody who has participated, but I've lost my motivation to do this. I think I need a break from this kind of game for a while. Thank you for participating.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2015, 10:18:49 pm »

lock the thread and come back in 1-3 months, by then you should have your motivation back.

that's my advice on this.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die 3!
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2015, 10:26:25 pm »

The spinning RAM strikes the origamiscienceguy in the You Can't Die 3! with its failpost. The part explodes in gore
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die 3!
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2015, 04:08:16 am »

I know them feels. It's all right, don't worry yourself overmuch.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]