Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Preparing a game for submission to a contest  (Read 817 times)

theTrueMikeBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TheTrueMikeBrown's patreon page
Preparing a game for submission to a contest
« on: December 07, 2015, 02:41:51 pm »

I am trying to get a rules document cleaned up so that I can submit it to the Ion Award to be judged and possibly published.

The rule document is here: Rules.

I am worried that it is too confusing. Would anyone like to look it over and help me make it make more sense?
What puts the "ape" in apricot?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Preparing a game for submission to a contest
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 05:03:49 am »

I added a suggestion to the blurb
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

theTrueMikeBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TheTrueMikeBrown's patreon page
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 08:37:34 am »

Hey,  thanks. My wife and I had been trying to rewrite the blurb yesterday and we were not done yet, so your suggestion was perfectly timed.

My wife wrote the original blurb, but we didn't like it because it seemed like it focused on running your own business too much (during the game your only goal is to build magical machines that convert platonic ideals like Love or Justice into other platonic ideals like Change or Prestige.)

I read through your blurb and it had a lot of good phrases in it. You still kept the "run your own business" part which I want to move away from, but it will provide great material for the rewrite of the blurb.

Also, your full justification comment was great. I hadn't even considered my text alignment. I have made all of the doc fully justified. (Also the other rule docs I am working on).
What puts the "ape" in apricot?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 04:55:38 pm »

I don't really have anything to contribute, but it looks like a cool game, and the cards are quite aesthetically appealing as well. Best of luck with publishing!