Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2015  (Read 13260 times)

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: NaNoWriMo 2015
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2015, 03:49:05 pm »

I hate that I got an awesome sci-fi idea a month ahead of this. I just want to write, after years of not caring about anything but music and art, already blew past 1666 in two hours. Maybe I'll finish two novels instead, haha.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2015, 04:29:12 pm »

I hate when that happens. I've been putting off writing forever now and this idea has been floating around in my head for years and years. Also I finally got my first recognition as a writer today in having my creative writing professor tell me I had some srs talent for fiction writing. Small victories, lads, small victories.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2015, 02:58:23 am »

I'm going to do it. Posting for accountability.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2015, 04:19:57 am »

My younger sister wants to try this now, going to be fun seeing who can write the most.  :P

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2015, 04:25:33 am »

My younger sister wants to try this now, going to be fun seeing who can write the most.  :P

Word wars are basically the best thing ever for productivity. I might have to set up a similar deal with my sister, although I imagine she'll outpace me pretty easily.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2015, 04:40:20 am »

*Sigh* Maybe this year I'll actually do this... probably not, though.
Perhaps I should just base a story off a dream I've recorded and go from there.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2015, 11:01:37 pm »

At this point I'm going to need to write my current mental setup down or it'll be ten times more changed and distorted by the time I start writing.

Word wars are basically the best thing ever for productivity. I might have to set up a similar deal with my sister, although I imagine she'll outpace me pretty easily.

... perhaps we could do that with each other? Post current word count daily on this thread along with writing samples?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2015, 12:41:28 am »

At this point I'm going to need to write my current mental setup down or it'll be ten times more changed and distorted by the time I start writing.

... perhaps we could do that with each other? Post current word count daily on this thread along with writing samples?

We did that in the IRC last year, IIRC.

I also flunked out of NaNo halfway because of exams, so I might have missed something.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2015, 01:49:07 am »

If ya'll haven't already, go watch NaNoMusical. It's beautiful, how I learned about one of my favorite (now defunct :( ) bands, and not that long, either. It's beautiful, and there is a song about Word Wars.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2015, 02:03:06 am »

Oh man, I just remembered that one dream I had a while back that I thought would make a good novel...
Perhaps I should use that as a basis for my first real NaNoWriMo attempt. Hmmm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2015, 02:07:04 am »

PTW. Not like I've ever gotten anywhere close to the needed number of words before, but hell.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 04:18:28 pm »

How would the early Renaissance future look like?

for my book, I wanted to make a Sci-Fi book dealing with Death-Row and Super-Max type criminals dealing with survival in an alien Galaxy. They were sent to death via Black Hole, but the Black Hole is actually a worm hole, and some of the trash and inmates not turned into spaghetti are farted out the other side into a completely alien Galaxy, with only the alien flora and fauna and human waste to aid in survival.

What I'd like to do is have a Sci-Fi world with a feel similar to the Late Middle Ages/Early Renaissance period, specifically, a sort of world that Christopher Columbus would possibly think of. Do you know of any resources to aid in this sort of world, and what are your thoughts and suggestions for this world?

Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2015, 05:09:30 pm »

I very well might do this.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 05:12:43 pm »

for my book, I wanted to make a Sci-Fi book dealing with Death-Row and Super-Max type criminals dealing with survival in an alien Galaxy. They were sent to death via Black Hole, but the Black Hole is actually a worm hole, and some of the trash and inmates not turned into spaghetti are farted out the other side into a completely alien Galaxy, with only the alien flora and fauna and human waste to aid in survival.

What I'd like to do is have a Sci-Fi world with a feel similar to the Late Middle Ages/Early Renaissance period, specifically, a sort of world that Christopher Columbus would possibly think of. Do you know of any resources to aid in this sort of world, and what are your thoughts and suggestions for this world?

I tried to do a "Roman Empire in the future" story one year. It didn't get far, but that was more because of lack of writing time. I researched how the Roman legions were organized, their weaponry, that sort of thing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 05:30:31 pm »

I tried to do a "Roman Empire in the future" story one year. It didn't get far, but that was more because of lack of writing time. I researched how the Roman legions were organized, their weaponry, that sort of thing.
That sounds neat, though it sucks you weren't able to finish it. What was the storyline behind it?
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12