Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Worst mood ever.  (Read 950 times)

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
Worst mood ever.
« on: January 20, 2008, 07:26:00 pm »

So i have possibly my most successful fortress ever. I had 58 dwarves and 3(4 skills) of them are legendary. My engraver, my miner, my clerk, and my mason(also the engraver). While my miner was digging out new rooms, he got possessed. He took  over 1 of 2 mason workshops. I didn't have a leather system up yet and he really  really REALLY wanted leather. Eventually he went berserk while my squad of 5 dwarves was restocking up on food. He killed 13 dwarves including all but 1 of my legendary dwarves (i safely locked up my clerk in his office) eventually being killed when i recruited all of my dwarves. Did i mention he was my mayor? he was extremly strong and tough and very agile. sniff...sniff. This brings me to this question, when can i replace my mayor?    :(
The only thing that's not afraid of a dragon is a marksdwarf.
Or maybe a mechanic, if given enough time to prepare.

Slappy Moose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Worst mood ever.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »

The mayor will be replaced in an election, automatically.

Also, bummer about the berserker.

Zaneg Thazor: Armok Reincarnate Story http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=19291.msg196691#msg196691

[Healthcare Update Thread] Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 07:46:00 pm »

Awww.  And your signature makes the tragedy that little bit more ironic.

You don't replace him, directly.  Your dwarves will elect a new mayor at some point on their own.  I couldn't tell you when, though, it might be the anniversary of your last election?

"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 08:07:00 pm »

lol you think that bad? I had a similar fort before with 30-40 dwarfs and my legendary miner/legendary engraver went bezerk (he had unbelievably tough, extremely agile and superdwarvenly strong) he killed my whole fort including my 7 fully equipped iron clad swordsmen.

Zogundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 08:15:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by gerkinzola:
<STRONG>lol you think that bad? I had a similar fort before with 30-40 dwarfs and my legendary miner/legendary engraver went bezerk (he had unbelievably tough, extremely agile and superdwarvenly strong) he killed my whole fort including my 7 fully equipped iron clad swordsmen.</STRONG>

You have to go back there in Adv. Mode and fight him. You just have to. It just screams "Epic."

"Why!? Why did you kill them all!?"

Rogan?