Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some of my art  (Read 811 times)

Kiskara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some of my art
« on: October 22, 2015, 07:51:10 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:59:12 pm by Kiskara »

KillerHP

• Bay Watcher
  • im french :D
    • View Profile
Re: Some of my art
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:40:31 am »

Where it is?
A random person which does stuff and likes roguelikes and SS13...

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 06:03:20 am »

Good question. They apparently joined the forum recently, posted some stuff in only a few threads, then edited all their posts out of existence. Nothing to go on except the post history, so we can only blindly speculate at their motives.

EDIT:

Well, this story is a kinda sad one. Turns out they started another thread about creating a DF clone, the community jumped aboard with lampshade hangings, pitchforks and torches, and burned it to the ground from all appearances. Then they probably quit the board.

EDITEDIT:

This particular passage, buried in a quote, survives on:

"You know what an artist is ? right ? makes the UI and the graphics. Artists are just that, ignorant of community forums etc. We are good at ... who would have guessed .... art. We try to make dreams come true and have an immense fun in making people happy with our fun. However I find enough forums I am welcome in and where I get a good communication with people.

Artists get approached by many people and have to adapt to many gamestyles, from RPG to shooters, from strategy games to platformers, from coverart to endless runners ....

We are mostly busy to find a good style. Most artists take money for their work, but more often refuse work they don't like or that does not inspire them.

It is true, i am not the type that plays DF and Gnomoria and what not. But I never made art for any game like that and I felt challenged by it and so I decided to accept the challenge.

As an artist this is not the only project I will be working on. The programmers will be fixed on the project. We are more interested in essences that count for people than for details. So burying too deep in single non artistic forums is the death of an artist. However many forums like artists anyway because we are also less political or game oriented. Some people don't mind usnot to be so deeply buried in, because the upside is, we also often do things that make people happy in topics that do not interest really, But we like to feel we made someone happy. To make a image of Balin for example I don't need to be in Tolkien forums. I just need to hear the essence about the character. rom one perso to make that person happy with their individual view of the character or from a group to make a group happy.

After all I said sorry and explained my error, and now come on and admit that I made your day in shooting against me :)"

So, in summary: Guy comes in, posts about DF clone/attacks DF, gets roasted, is awkward and unhappy, leaves, erasing all traces in his power. AND NOW WE KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY~!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 06:11:05 am by Glacies »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 09:45:50 am »

I was only mildly irritated when he chose not to post in the existing art threads, but that one non-removed quote is kind of infuriating.

Anyway, what was here was like 15 pictures of planets done in photoshop. That's all. They weren't bad but all kinda done without context and if anything the OP had "well here's some stuff I've done" or something like that.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 09:48:19 am »

Oh, I think I saw this thread.

But yeah, he was kind of flailing about.

Anyway, what was here was like 15 pictures of planets done in photoshop. That's all. They weren't bad but all kinda done without context and if anything the OP had "well here's some stuff I've done" or something like that.
This too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.