Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 117

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 101546 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1695 on: September 28, 2020, 06:20:49 pm »

I agree with IlPalazzo. It's beyond Bosphorus so it's Asia. West Asia is still Asia
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 29, 2020, 12:15:17 am »

The bospurus is only the border between Europe and Asia at that point, the eastmost border of Europe is the Urals
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 29, 2020, 06:43:33 am »

(It's closer than Australia!)

Things have dropped out of the news. 'Skirmish' after all? By the standards of the region, that is.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 29, 2020, 06:48:21 am »

Australia is in the Eurovision, they are clearly in Europe

(In before Eurovision becomes the real world Oceania)
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 29, 2020, 07:17:07 am »

I just wonder at what point "Britain' gets added to the OP title. (Though at this rate, it'll be dropped from every thread title, as it refuses/is refused to be part of any other block.)

<benelton>...a little bit of politics, ladies and gentlemen!</benelton>

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 29, 2020, 07:23:53 am »

I just wonder at what point "Britain' gets added to the OP title. (Though at this rate, it'll be dropped from every thread title, as it refuses/is refused to be part of any other block.)

BREXIT

MEANS

B R E X I T
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 29, 2020, 08:03:01 am »

Btw, went looking for likely undisputable non-EU, definitely Europe news to make a proper post worthy of this threas. The Swiss referendum came down to the "not Swexit" result, Hunter Biden hasn't done anything bad enough in Ukraine for the US Republicans to carp on about, and a whole lot of other small-fry (YMMV) stories.

But casualties are mounting, between Arm&Az, I found out, in an article published shortly after I said things had calmed down. Still as much or as little On Topic as it was before, but just might as well correct myself rather than encourage yet further deviation from the subject.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 30, 2020, 01:31:25 pm »

Armenia anf Azerbaijan seem to have had a shooting war over a disputed area, with military and civilian casualties on both sides. Details still sketchy and "he said, she said", right now. Might even be "business as usual", as I don't follow that area much, but if tanks and a helicopter are destroyed, as reported, it's not 'a minor skirmish between opposing border guards'.
Well, actually Armenia doesn't claim that it is their territory. It is about unrecognized (by the most of the world) state with mostly Armenian population (after they kicked out\killed most of Azeris in early 1990s)

Looking at how the war is currently going... Armenia has no chance to win without much more direct help from Russia. Azerbajani Army is simply larger and more modern.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1703 on: September 30, 2020, 02:36:13 pm »

BREXIT

MEANS

B R E X I T
Sorry I don't speak French, can you translate brexit to English

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 30, 2020, 03:04:57 pm »

(You misspelt "Dutch". Or Luxembourgish, at a push. Call yourself a proud European?)

Ob:OnTopic: I'm still wondering what kind of hole was found in the Estonia ferry. I'd jump to the conclusion it was a submarine, also, but there's to many reasons that'd still never be confirmed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 30, 2020, 03:23:34 pm »

That made international news? I am impressed.

I am also curious.
Love, scriver~

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: October 04, 2020, 08:46:21 am »

It happened a few days ago I think but I forgot and the inevitable happened in the meantime.

Isreal limited the right to protest as part of the fight against Corona, and guess what happened when a government which lost much of it's public trust do something like that, more protest happened.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 13, 2021, 07:57:52 am »

That Navalny guy does have balls of steel.

Despite being nearly assasinated with novichok, and despite the threat of being arrested upon his return, he is returning to Russia.
Optimists have just used up the last bit of hope. Run for your lives!

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1708 on: January 13, 2021, 08:46:12 am »

That Navalny guy does have balls of steel.

Despite being nearly assasinated with novichok, and despite the threat of being arrested upon his return, he is returning to Russia.
Banter

Also in Italy, Calabria, the Ndragheta are going on trial in the largest mafia trial ever

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 17, 2021, 01:13:19 pm »

Navalny has returned to Russia, and has been arrested upon his return to Moscow.  Earlier today, Russian authorities had already arrested some of his allies, who had gathered at the airport to welcome him back, amongst whom activist Ljoebov Sobo, and allegedly also Navalny's brother Oleg.

Just before landing, the plane was (as was expected) forced to reroute to another airport, to prevent Navalny being welcomed by a crowd.

Meanwhile, Navalny's popularity has only grown. A poll by independent poll agency Levada shows his popularity tripled, since he was poisoned.  Also, where before he was only well-known by mostly the younger part of the Russian population, ever since he was poisoned, and even more so since he tricked the FSB into admitting they poisoned him in a telephone call, now every Russian has heard of Navalny.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55694598

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/01/17/navalny-returns-to-russia-a72635

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/kremlincriticus-aleksej-navalny-bij-aankomst-in-moskou-gearresteerd~ba95ce9e/?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 01:15:32 pm by martinuzz »
Optimists have just used up the last bit of hope. Run for your lives!

Enjoy the freedom to explore the limits of your constraints

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 117