Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 162

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 192838 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1770 on: April 05, 2021, 02:26:19 pm »

Navalny has been transferred to his prison's hospital with airway complaints.

Last week he started a hunger strike because he isn't getting sufficient medical care, and has been on a regime of being woken every hour at night by guards to 'check if he didn't escape'.
According to his lawyers, he already lost 8 kilos and couldn't stand anymore, before he started hunger strike.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 02:28:52 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 11:29:19 am by The_Explorer »

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: April 08, 2021, 06:24:28 pm »

And ukraine looks even more likely. Though could end up like crimea where russia gets sanctioned and everyones angry, russia doesnt care that much and takes it anyway and no one goes to ukraine's rescue. That pretty much happened with crimea

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56678665

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: April 09, 2021, 06:23:16 am »

Prince Philip, husband to queen Elizabeth II has died, rather unexpectedly, at age 99.
He was admitted to hospital with an infection that turned out to be more serious than initially assumed.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: April 09, 2021, 09:31:12 am »

Prince Philip, husband to queen Elizabeth II has died, rather unexpectedly, at age 99.
He was admitted to hospital with an infection that turned out to be more serious than initially assumed.

Unexpectedly? He looks like he died 20 years ago.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: April 09, 2021, 10:02:53 am »

"lich decides to retire from public view"
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: April 09, 2021, 03:45:44 pm »

The Kremlin has warned Ukraine to not try and retake any of the areas where pro-Russian seperatists proclaimed their own little republics in 2014.
"The Kremlin fears that the civil war in Ukraine is about to start again. If this civil war flares up near our borders, we will consider it a threat to the security of the Russian Federation", said Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov.

Earlier this week, in a phone call between the Ukrainian president and NATO chief in command Jens Stoltenberg, president Volodymyr Zelenski repeated Ukraine's desire to become a NATO member as soon as possible.
Stoltenberg assured Zelenski that the NATO "fully backs the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine".

A few days ago Angela Merkel phoned Putin and urged him to undo the troop buildup at the Ukrainian border.
Today, The White House also informed the Kremlin that their actions are being closely monitored by the USA.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: April 10, 2021, 07:03:55 am »

After 7 days of rioting in Belfast, the Irish prime minister Micheal Martin warns that Ireland should not return to the Troubles.
"We owe it to present and future generations to never descend to that dark place of sektarian murder and political divide".

The loyalists had pleaded to cease the protests because of prince Philip's death. But Belfast saw another night of riots.
Rioters threw rocks and molotov cocktails at the police, and even sent a burning car rolling into them.
Several police officers were injured.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1778 on: April 20, 2021, 04:23:00 am »

7 days of rioting in Belfast sounds like a proper good drink

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: April 20, 2021, 03:03:17 pm »

You know that £2½million ($3½million) Whitehouse-style briefing room that was set up at Number 10? It's officially a bad idea.

And our CJ Cregg has been shifted over to be the spoke at the COP26 conference in Glasgow, possibly as a consolation for having her original job taken out from under her (or else always intended, and now a vestigial part of the cross-positional role).

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: April 20, 2021, 04:01:04 pm »

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1384476947850268677

Good thread (3 posts). Not good news, though.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 21, 2021, 07:17:45 am »

In his yearly speech, Putin warned the world that anyone who turns against Moscow, can count on a 'disproportional, fast, and heavy' Russian response.

He told his fellow countrymen that their counrty is being threatened by foreign nations that 'keep provoking Russia for no reason'.
Adressing 'foreign provocateurs', he added that they 'will regret their actions like they have not regretted something for a long time'.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 21, 2021, 07:32:39 am »

In his yearly speech, Putin warned the world that anyone who turns against Moscow, can count on a 'disproportional, fast, and heavy' Russian response.

He told his fellow countrymen that their counrty is being threatened by foreign nations that 'keep provoking Russia for no reason'.
Adressing 'foreign provocateurs', he added that they 'will regret their actions like they have not regretted something for a long time'.

Sounds like the same line the US always trots out. And why a lot of European countries "need" to keep out foreigners. &c.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 21, 2021, 07:34:41 am »

Sounds like the same line the US always trots out. And why a lot of European countries "need" to keep out foreigners. &c.

You don't know much about Europe do you?
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 21, 2021, 08:33:12 am »

Now, that doesn't sound like a man that's feeling unthreatened. Guess that the West turning on him has him rankled.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 162