Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 162

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 193498 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2015, 03:25:27 am »

Well, a bomb would make sense I guess. Planes do not spontaneously break down in mid-air. But it doesn't really explain why the pilot asked to be diverted to Cairo first.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2015, 04:07:56 am »

Slightly surprised Russian media isn't speculating about it being revenge of the Netherlands yet.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2015, 10:06:17 am »

Well, a bomb would make sense I guess. Planes do not spontaneously break down in mid-air. But it doesn't really explain why the pilot asked to be diverted to Cairo first.
I think there was no any request from pilot. Can't remember any credible source claiming that,
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2015, 10:45:03 am »

That was reportedly coming from sources inside local air traffic control, in news articles published the day of the incident. It was refuted / disappeared from the headlines a day later.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2015, 12:53:51 pm »

Yeah, I remember the radio call reports that just sort of disappeared. Was on the major news networks over here at first but then they just shut up about it and said "NO DISTRESS CALL!" Kinda bothers me.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2015, 12:58:02 pm »

That was reportedly coming from sources inside local air traffic control, in news articles published the day of the incident. It was refuted / disappeared from the headlines a day later.

The same sources also claimed that the flight had left Egypt's air space and had contacted the Cypriot air traffic control (And later maintained that it also entered Turkey's air space). "An official from the Egyptian aviation ministry".

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2015, 01:27:14 pm »

Egypt can lose many tourists (read money) if it was a bomb. They will be the last to admit it
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2015, 01:52:46 pm »

Yeah, wasn't the Egyptian turist industry hit pretty hard by a series of terror attacks not too many years ago?
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2015, 02:06:44 pm »

Yeah, wasn't the Egyptian turist industry hit pretty hard by a series of terror attacks not too many years ago?

That and all the civil and political unrest of the last couple years.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2015, 02:13:31 pm »

If soviet medicine could keep brezhnev and Yeltsin alive in their shitty health state.
Then Putin with all that do sports be man stuff combined with achievments of modern medicine can gain some sort of immortality.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2015, 03:17:49 pm »

I think the Arab spring had a bit more of an effect, there were places you weren't legally allowed to set foot

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2015, 06:26:35 pm »

I think those reports of some sort of SoS call were just from the initial confusion about what was going on, there was similar confusion from the Malaysia Air flight.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2015, 10:45:14 pm »

If soviet medicine could keep brezhnev and Yeltsin alive in their shitty health state.
Then Putin with all that do sports be man stuff combined with achievments of modern medicine can gain some sort of immortality.
There are a conspiracy theory in Russia that Putin was killed by FSB in early 2000s and replaced by a double. :D

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2015, 03:00:17 am »

Russia announces plan to ground all boeing 737s in the country

Why, giving the timing, this looks to be more of a political move than actual concern for safety?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2015, 03:54:15 am »

To me it seems more like the wheels of bureaucracy slowly turning, and the news getting attention only because of the recent crash.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 162