Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 162

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 193455 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2015, 05:52:10 am »

To me it seems more like the wheels of bureaucracy slowly turning, and the news getting attention only because of the recent crash.
To me it seems that it is lobbying of Aeroflot that uses no 737s trying to hurt smaller companies that do use them.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2015, 08:07:24 am »

Oh, that's a possibility too, I didn't know Aeroflot didn't operate 737. There have been effort to roll smaller carrier into Aeroflot of late. I'm willing to bet Metrojet will end up absorbed by Aeroflot as well.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2015, 09:57:42 am »

Damn, one more state monopoly arises.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2015, 09:58:31 am »

Apparently Russia is butthurt about the latest Charlie Hebdo caricatures. I must admit I laughed out loud.

Spoiler: Warning:Joke (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2015, 10:02:36 am »

That seems rather mean on Charlie Hebdos part, then again, that's kind of their thing.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2015, 10:08:26 am »

Apparently Russia is butthurt about the latest Charlie Hebdo caricatures. I must admit I laughed out loud.

I really hope there were no Chechens or Ossetins on that plane. Otherwise CH staff should really invest into personal security.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2015, 01:17:45 pm »

Not sure whats funny about it, as innocent people died, and they are mocking them, just show how crappy Charlie Hebdo are.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2015, 03:23:40 pm »

It is nothing but an artistic way to say "Russia caused death of their own citizens by doing bombing campaign in Syria"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2015, 03:29:21 pm »

Not sure whats funny about it, as innocent people died, and they are mocking them, just show how crappy Charlie Hebdo are.
Top lel and do you say this when someone makes a 9/11 joke?

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2015, 05:40:40 pm »

They did the same crap for 9/11? Man, they should get shit on (in non aggressive way) for doing crap like this. Worst kind of filth.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:57:46 pm by boki »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2015, 05:54:40 pm »

They did the same crap for 9/11? Man, they should get shit on for doing crap like this.
It's kind of hard to shit on someone who has been bombed by legit fanatic terrorists for their job. I mean you can, but you risk getting shat on yourself.
._.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2015, 06:00:44 pm »

They did the same crap for 9/11? Man, they should get shit on for doing crap like this.
It's kind of hard to shit on someone who has been bombed by legit fanatic terrorists for their job. I mean you can, but you risk getting shat on yourself.

Yea, I forgot about it. That would explain their crappy behavior.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2015, 06:19:54 pm »

They did the same crap for 9/11? Man, they should get shit on (in non aggressive way) for doing crap like this. Worst kind of filth.
No they didn't but bay112 has

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2015, 11:55:06 pm »

He was talking about 9/11 jokes in general, nothing to do with Charlie Hebdo. For example, The Onion filled their entire newspaper with 9/11-related jokes on September 26th, 2001, which was basically their first issue they wrote after the attacks. The first headline is about how Bush Senior apologized to Bush Junior for funding Osama Bin Laden in the first place. That's pretty much up there with the Charlie Hebdo / Russian bombing cartoon in terms of bluntness and offensiveness to the victims.

The Charlie Hebdo isn't really any worse than American humor about 9/11 that was fairly common right after the attacks. But there's a political message in the Charlie Hebdo version, that's entirely absent from the American 9/11 humor i just linked. Charlie Hebdo's cartoon draws attention to the fact that Russia is bombing people rather than drawing attention to the air crash. The message is that you don't get a free pass on the bombings because one bad thing happens to you.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 12:13:07 am by Reelya »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2015, 12:50:48 am »

Humor is an appropriate outlet for outrage and grief. Humor is also an easy way to point out someone's mistakes, although possibly less effective in correcting said mistakes.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 162