Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 162

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 187945 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't want to invade the EU thread with Eastern Barbarians Politics and I had no my own political thread for a long time so here it is. Please, behave. I want it to be a nice place.

If it is in UEFA and\or Eurovision song contests than it is Europe so we can discuss Turkey, Kazakhstan, Israel and other 100% European countries here.

To get it started. I am ready to answer any questions regarding Ukrainian internal politics if anyone is interested.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Vilanat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 01:57:56 pm »

I wonder, does the latest russian road trip to Syria, along with its "international volunteers" ease up the situation in East Ukraine?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 02:07:45 pm »

Australia already has it's own thread though.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 02:16:53 pm »

Australia already has it's own thread though.

Filled with stuff which probably only makes sense to people from Australia & NZ. Seeing as I like to occasionally invade the Europe & American politics threads, it'd be nice to have a place where you can discuss how things are done differently in your own country & compare.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 02:19:23 pm by wobbly »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 02:57:15 pm »

I wonder, does the latest russian road trip to Syria, along with its "international volunteers" ease up the situation in East Ukraine?
It is much calmer last few weeks. There are no artillery strikes, few small arms firefights + "mine war". I doubt that it will end in a lasting peace but so far it looks like an actual ceasefire.

As for Australia -it is a joke and Eurovision song contest reference joke but why should it be a bad topic to learn news from Australia? :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 07:51:31 pm »

Ukraine had local elections. They are still counting but results are more or less known.

Some highlights
1) 46.6% turnout. Some may say it is OK for local councils voting but I wanted to see more.
2) President's party got 10%-30% depending on a region. Something is wrong with my junta. To be serious Poroshenko is losing support
Russian Agents I mean "Opposition Bloc" (former Yanukovitch's "Party of Regions") still got 15-40% in South-Eastern Ukraine. Meh, but they had 70%+ in 2010 local elections so I think it counts as progress
Many votes are lost because they went for small parties that failed to pass 5% threshold That means there are demand for brand new parties.
Right Sector and PM's party didn't participate. Official reasons are "there are no sense to participate in corrupt elections" and  "We want to focus on working in the government and doing reforms". Real reason is their abysmal ratings.
Few new mayors. Most large cities will have old corrupted thieves in charge Too many old idiots voted, too many young idiots ignored elections

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 07:38:11 am »

The weather is kinda cold and I need a bit more flame in my life. Posting to watch.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 07:43:00 am »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 10:02:46 am »

Meanwhile Putin rating is 90 % ( at least not 146%)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 04:02:27 pm »

I might pop in here from time to time as an "australian representative", heh. There's certainly interesting things occurring in the Balkan regions, that's for sure.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 04:36:08 pm »

Why not 900%?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2015, 08:05:31 am »

PTW.

Also, at least it's not over 900000%.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2015, 08:13:03 am »

It should be 99.999999999999999999% for the lulz.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 08:52:59 am »

It should be 99.999999999999999999% for the lulz.

Putin is the only Russian that doesn't say they approve of Putin - because he is an honourable man and wishes to give the opposition a chance.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 11:15:14 am »

Why not 900%?

Because 146 % is local russian meme.
During duma elections in 2011 on federal channel the voting results were shown, and in some regions the sum of percents magically surpassed the 100.
 Like : 58,99 % voted for united Russia, 32 % for communist party 23 % for liberal democratic party, 1,46 % for patriots of Russia, 9,32 voted for apple, and some guys  for right deed.  And the highest of overall percents surpassing 100 was 146
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 162