Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 162

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 187944 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 08:10:18 pm »

Putin: So great that 3/2 of all people support him.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 08:16:55 pm »

Putin: So great that 3/2 of all people support him.
Vote for Putin 5ever, that's +1 than 4

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 10:40:44 pm »

Russian elections: Where two majorities are possible.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2015, 06:39:34 am »

It's quite simple really.
15% of Russians agree with Putin's domestic policies, 20% of Russians agree with Putin's foreign relations policies, 20% agree with Putin because they like to see real time combat drone movies about Syria, 15% of Ukrainians have become Russians that agree with Putin, and 20% of the Russians agree with Putin because they like his masculine body.
15 + 20 + 20 + 15 + 20 = 90%
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 10:14:56 am »

Why is there so much focus in English-speaking media on Putin's "masculine body", anyway? I don't get it.
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2015, 10:23:02 am »

Meanwhile Putin rating is 90 % ( at least not 146%)
Why not 900%?

Because 146 % is local russian meme.
During duma elections in 2011 on federal channel the voting results were shown, and in some regions the sum of percents magically surpassed the 100.
 Like : 58,99 % voted for united Russia, 32 % for communist party 23 % for liberal democratic party, 1,46 % for patriots of Russia, 9,32 voted for apple, and some guys  for right deed.  And the highest of overall percents surpassing 100 was 146

Wait, did 9.32% vote for Apple corporation or was it some guy named Apple?

Why is there so much focus in English-speaking media on Putin's "masculine body", anyway? I don't get it.

Because he does photoshoots so often barechested while doing manly or macho things? It's a meme-joke in English-speaking media because unless it's an activity where you're typically barechested anyway, doing photo-ops while barechested really isn't* a thing that is done around here.

*Unless you count showing barechested selfies to women which blows up into a scandal, like that Weiner guy. I don't know if news on American scandals like that reach over to Russia or not.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 10:44:10 am »

Because it's incredibly far removed from anything that Western politicians would do. Post-heroic societies don't really do the whole strongman thing.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2015, 11:51:23 am »

Because it's incredibly far removed from anything that Western politicians would do. Post-heroic societies don't really do the whole strongman thing.

Or if they do, they try to channel Theodore Roosevelt or FDR or Reagan or Kennedy or equivalent historical figure.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2015, 11:56:02 am »

Tony Abbott got into that action however (do not click this link this for your own sake).

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 11:58:05 am »

Tony Abbott got into that action however (do not click this link this for your own sake).

Was that the one with the, uh, deceased suid cranium?

Saw you guys talking about that in the EU thread. Although wait isn't Tony Abbot the former (I think) Australian PM?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2015, 12:22:54 pm »

Apple ( yablako) is such political party in Russia, no they are not connected with iphones.

There is first russian army casaulty in Syria ( or first not top sikrit, much sikrit) 
Wondering, if supporting Assad and making war in syria grow in scale increases flow of refugees to europe, and if Putin wanted that to happen.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2015, 12:46:11 pm »

Because his manboobs are 10000% pure sex.

We Westerners are jelly because we haven't had a hawt president since forever. Take Finland, for example: UKK, The Last Finnish Alpha MaleTM died in 1982, and the sexiness of Finnish politics decreased by 9999999999% at the moment of his passing. Putin knows how to put evopsych biotrooths back into politics, and he's absolutely, fabulously good at what he does.

EDIT:
Apple ( yablako) is such political party in Russia, no they are not connected with iphones.
Apple is haram in Russia because Tim Cook has the Gay.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:49:11 pm by SirQuiamus »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2015, 02:21:20 pm »

There is first russian army casaulty in Syria ( or first not top sikrit, much sikrit) 
Wondering, if supporting Assad and making war in syria grow in scale increases flow of refugees to europe, and if Putin wanted that to happen.

An increase in the flow of refugees to Europe would be a bonus side effect for Putin, whether or not he secretly planned it.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 02:26:31 pm »

Putin is probably "encouraging" any muslims living in Russia to move westward.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2015, 03:52:24 pm »

Today's political cartoon in one of our Dutch newspapers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 162