Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 162

Author Topic: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)  (Read 193410 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Non-EU europe thread (with Russia, Israel and Australia included)
« Reply #2055 on: October 08, 2023, 12:58:22 pm »

Looking at the scale of mobilization of Israel, I expect a huge land invasion in Gaza. Considering that it is a dense urban environment, it will be a bloodbath both for the Israeli army and Palestinian civilians. Horrible...
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: October 08, 2023, 03:12:22 pm »

Idiot in town today told me I am a cancer jew.
I have been raised to never be afraid or ashamed of my race, especially since what happened in WW2, and have shared my history as a descendant of holocaust survivors with a lot of people to keep the memory alive.
I told him "WTF. I suppose you will also tell any random black person that he needs to die, because his race kidnaps and rapes school girls in Nigeria? No? Right, indeed. Don't judge me for my race, I have never been to Israel, my ancestors have lived in the Netherlands for over 500 years. It shouldn't matter, but my family also has not been religious for nearly 200 years either. Despite that, 95% of my direct relatives were gassed, shot and tortured to death because of their race"
Then I went home, because I have no wish for further escalation by brown shirt deplorables.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 03:24:24 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: October 08, 2023, 03:54:16 pm »

At the terrain of the music festival at Re'im kibbutz, over 250 dead bodies were found by search and rescue teams, bringing the Israeli civilian death toll well over 700. Most victims are children and youngsters.

The music festival's main theme was peace and tolerance.

It is unclear how many foreigners were killed.
The music festival had visitors and artists from Japan, France, Germany, the UK, Sweden, Mexico, Brasil and more countries.

EDIT: The USA is moving part of it's naval assets closer to Israel.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 04:30:56 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 05:42:35 pm by martinuzz »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2059 on: October 08, 2023, 05:31:05 pm »

(banned the genocide guy)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: October 08, 2023, 08:38:29 pm »

One is the Toad, whose Toes are Three,
Praised be the coming and going of Him.
And great is Jifodus, His Eternal Watchman,
Whose loggings are in but never out.
Hallowed be Kurtumlak, the Slumbering,
In Armok's chambers of yore attendant.
Deliver us from banhammering
And the Scoops of Novel.
Until the coming of One-point-oh
In Pathos united we watch bays.
Amen.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: October 08, 2023, 08:43:16 pm »

You don't need to bring up pathos, the world is filled with enough flak already.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: October 08, 2023, 08:55:06 pm »

Brother. Accept the Pathos in you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: October 08, 2023, 08:57:37 pm »

Let Pathos in.

Resistance is futile.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: October 09, 2023, 08:06:40 am »

Israel has declared a full siege of Gaza. They will blockade all supply of electricity, fuel, food and water.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: October 09, 2023, 08:37:22 am »

Israel has declared a full siege of Gaza. They will blockade all supply of electricity, fuel, food and water.

Sadly, expected. Israel will destroy HAMAS this time and they won't care much to limit civilian casualties. There will be a blockade and pounding for some time, then a land operation.

One doesn't mobilize 300K soldiers to not go all in (for comparison - Russia invaded Ukraine with a ~250K force)

The question now is whether will it spill to Lebanon.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: October 09, 2023, 09:00:58 am »

I don't think Israel will destroy HAMAS, it will try but HAMAS has too much of an outside support and can go low in Gaza itself, the only realistic option to do that is to flatten or conquer Gaza, both willcause more problems to Israel.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2067 on: October 09, 2023, 09:02:37 am »

The Israeli army has warned the population of Gaza on X that they should leave their homes and seek shelter. They say that the attacks on Israel by Hamas sadly force them to attack residential areas with Hamas targets.

After rocket attacks from Lebanon by Hezbollah, the Isaraeli army used artillery to strike at Hezbollah targets in Lebanon
Literally where can they go? Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas and Israel blockades them. Every year they do the same song and dance, telling Palestinians to flee whilst they bomb them, killing thousands. This aint war it's just slaughter

Israeli defence minister says they are fighting human animals, not people

Not surprising given his predecessor also said he didn't view Palestinians as humans, but as animals

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: October 09, 2023, 09:23:50 am »

I don't think Israel will destroy HAMAS, it will try but HAMAS has too much of an outside support and can go low in Gaza itself,  the only realistic option to do that is to flatten or conquer Gaza , both willcause more problems to Israel.

And this is what I expect Israel will do. Probably AND not or. Not only it is what pissed off Israeli society wants ATM. It is what Netanyahu needs to survive as a politician. He needs a decisive victory or he'll need to answer - how the hell all security forces of Israel allowed this nightmare to happen.

Usual retribution air strikes won't be enough.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: October 09, 2023, 11:33:00 am »

Oh, I agree they will try, the problem gonna be that consquances gonna come before those things are done, will the revange still last when troops still dying trying tonoccupy this place months from now? and will international support last month from now with tens of thousednds gazan dead? I think no.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 162