Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Parallel Fortresses Succession Game. | Finished  (Read 82391 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW be it v.40 or later.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

This has happened a few times in Breadbowl, and I can confirm it's interesting to see a dwarf alive and well in one copy of the game despite having watched them have their head caved in by an Ettin in the parallel one.

I would recommend starting the divergence after the first year, once a very basic fortress has made and the first two migrations have arrived. Otherwise the only thing the parallel worlds will have in common will be the starting 7 and the map.
I think this is a good idea. A bit more in common would be nice for comparison's sake.
Good thinking.  Splitting the Fortresses after 1 or 2 years would allow for a better comparison down the line, plus whatever amusing reason that Overseer comes up with for a parallel universe.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'll take awhile for the new version to be stable enough to support a succession game. Maybe it'd be worth it to give it a try if there's enough interest?
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile

It'll take awhile for the new version to be stable enough to support a succession game. Maybe it'd be worth it to give it a try if there's enough interest?
Maybe.  Invaders are by no means the only source of !FUN!.  However, if you are experienced enough to not die to self-made disasters, there usually isn't enough other pressure to create suitable entertainment (at least in my opinion).

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Okay, it seems that enough people actually want to play this, so I guess I'll start it up now. You can get on the waitlist while I update the OP.

I will also follow QuQuasar's advice and play the for for one year before copying it and posting it. So that'l take some time. Should be soon though.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile

6. No save scumming unless it is to circumvent bugs/glitches. If any other reason to save-scum occurs, notify me.  If a fortress falls, than the remaining players will be assigned to the other fortress.
I had a thought about this- how about if a fortress falls, we diverge again with the surviving fort and add the remaining players on there?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

6. No save scumming unless it is to circumvent bugs/glitches. If any other reason to save-scum occurs, notify me.  If a fortress falls, than the remaining players will be assigned to the other fortress.
I had a thought about this- how about if a fortress falls, we diverge again with the surviving fort and add the remaining players on there?
I suppose that could work. My turn just hit summer. It should be finished by tomorrow.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile

Since apparently no one wants to be first, sign me up for a turn.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have looked at this and like it. I will take a turn. I understand this will probably be after the split.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have looked at this and like it. I will take a turn. I understand this will probably be after the split.
Everybody is after the split. I am the only one before the split.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll sign up for a turn. I'm experienced enough not to die to self-made disasters... I think. I did flood a swimming pool the other day but not deep. Now there's just mud all over the engravings, unpleasant but not a disaster.

You're right, we're going to need a lot of players if this is going to be a red vs blue sort of scenario.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:00:56 pm by De »
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okay, all of you who want are in now. I was halfway through winter when the game crashed. Thank goodness for seasonal autosave.

EoyaBosan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like fun! Please do put me down for a turn.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile

I'll take a turn as well. Can we get dwarves before the split or are we limited to one universe to live in?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take a turn as well. Can we get dwarves before the split or are we limited to one universe to live in?
Sounds like fun! Please do put me down for a turn.
Both of you are in.

@Deus Asmoth: I think that it would be better to give the dwarves nicknames in each universe, as you become the overseer of that fortress.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29