Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Parallel Fortresses Succession Game. | Finished  (Read 82378 times)

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Summer of the year 130 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 05:54:58 pm by Daniel the Finlander »
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Fortress 2 comment (click to show/hide)

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fortress 2 comment

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile

Spoiler: TF2 (click to show/hide)

chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Fortress 2 (click to show/hide)

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll unspoiler this comment just because reading the thread about trying to exploit archery training to create infinite adamantine doesn't sound like it's actually a very efficient use of resources regardless of the fortress you're in.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll edit that question out of the spoiler.
Or maybe not.

Tournesol

• Bay Watcher
  • GOAT?? ME??
    • View Profile

There's also the competition between the two forts to consider (and that is why I concur with De that this discussion be visible to all). Creating adamantite by using the archery exploit differs little from just creating it in DFHack, both would make the comparison of created wealth an absurdity.

I was wondering anyway if the small-ish DFHack tricks I normally use, such as clean and fix-ster would be OK and though I see no way to check if the other side uses them, there ought to be an agreement on what is acceptable.

Not that I truly believe such a thing as a gentledwarf to exist.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

Could I have a turn? Whichever one comes up first.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could I have a turn? Whichever one comes up first.
Fortress 1.

About exploits: If you think that it goes against the spirit of the game, don't do it. While a few thinks I will outright ban: free adamantine/steel, using dfhack to create or change items. editing the raws.

For things like atom-smashing, dwarven radar, dfhack clean, use your own discretion. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:08:25 pm by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile

This week will be quite busy for me, so the updates will be delayed a bit.

I'll try to squeeze out the Autumn report tomorrow.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's fine, I've kind of given up trying to keep the forts synchronized. Do you think that you will be finished before the weekend is done?

Same question to Deus Asmoth.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile

Yes. Probably.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile

A finn is never late nor is he early, he arrives precisely when his hangover ends

Spoiler: Autumn of the year 130 (click to show/hide)

(Don't worry I was just joking, I despise alcohol)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:56:33 pm by Daniel the Finlander »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29