Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: Parallel Fortresses Succession Game. | Finished  (Read 82364 times)

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Parallel Fortresses Succession Game. | It's happening! (again)
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2016, 10:23:49 am »

Actually, I would prefer to play in the old version, I just tested the save to see what the problem was. alexs2112, is it possible to reupload the save file, and perhaps check if its on the 40.24? Thanks :)

alexs2112

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't remember what that lever is supposed to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2016, 06:01:15 pm »

Here's the save again for Fortress 2
If it was my fault somehow that the version changed I'm sorry but I'm not sure what happened. :-[

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 22, 2016, 02:47:09 am »

I don't mean to be rude... but...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Would still prefer the old version, but I guess if the save was already ported over, I'll have no choice other than to use the new save in 42.06 then.

alexs2112

• Bay Watcher
  • I can't remember what that lever is supposed to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 22, 2016, 04:36:53 pm »

Sorry dude, I don't know how to change the version.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 22, 2016, 07:32:44 pm »

No harm done alexs2112 :) Well good thing is this will differentiate us further from the alternate timeline.

Warp sequence engaged!

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 17, 2016, 07:27:07 pm »

I've started on the turn but I am midway through summer at the moment, since I don't have much time to play DF the past few weeks. If the next person in line wishes to take their turn, I can post the save where I last left off.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 30, 2016, 10:36:05 am »

I'm going to skip Tatjam's turn if they don't reply to my PM or post an update until next Saturday.

Just keep playing, Zuglarkun, it's not like we're in a hurry.
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 06, 2016, 11:17:43 am »

Let's pretend that today is Saturday and skip Tatjam's turn. It's now Paddywagon Man's turn to be the Overseer of Fortress 1.
chances are their heads are being melted completely off due to pain forcing them to cry and tears don't evaporate so they just increase in temperature searing through the skull to the brain.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 07, 2016, 07:20:52 pm »

It all started during a drunken stupor in the Mountainhomes, as all things dwarven do. I'd been hobnobbing with the Grand Marshal, eyeing one of those cushy desk jobs the nobles get, when the conversation turned to the topic of colonies. Colony defence, to be precise.

Turns out we've been losing fortresses at an aboslutely shameful rate - seems like all it takes for a colony to fall these days is a blob of old snow or farts or something with a long-ass name to pop up through the caverns and rout the booze-addled morons that made the fortress their home. As the Marshal complained, I in my drunkenness made the mistake of bringing up a promotion.

So now I'm being sent to one of our far-flung fortresses - Buttclench or some such - as "Military Inspector". I have no idea what to expect, but the stories I hear about fortresses have me pissing in my boots. You see, I may have exaggerated my military accomplishments in my resumè - I haven't the foggiest idea of how to train a militia, wouldn't know a forgotten beast from a Kakapo, and I sure as Hell aren't cut out for life in a fortress.

But it's too late, the wagon's pulling in, and I can smell the place already. I hope that when I release this diary, I'll be sipping sunshine on a pig iron throne in my cozy Mountainhome lounge, but Armok is a cruel god. I feel this fortress will be my grave.

End first page, Diary of "Paddywagon" Stinthademal, Military Inspector of Workclench

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 20, 2016, 11:49:41 pm »

I do apologize for taking the save hostage and disappearing for months at a time without explanation. I feel really bad about it, but I've been working at my new job and I haven't had time for much of anything, let alone playing DF and posting on the forums. The only thing i can do to make up for it is to finish what I signed up for. So here is the save.

I have the write up mostly fleshed out and ready to go along with pictures, so expect them to be up within the next few days.

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2016, 01:17:35 pm »

Ah, thank you for finishing your turn. I was already thinking about skipping it.

It's now Nep Nep's turn to run Fortress 2.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 22, 2016, 05:53:41 pm »

Looks like you need players.
Sign me up for a turn!

And please, list the version number for me. I don't mind going back a bit but none of you are 43.03 I am quite sure.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:57:39 pm by eerr »

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 23, 2016, 08:28:02 am »

Added you to the turn list for Fortress 2.

You're right, we're playing on 42.06.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 23, 2016, 11:25:21 am »

Warning! Image Heavy!
Spoiler: Fortress 2, Spring 133 (click to show/hide)

EDITED: Realized some of the stuff that went on in summer got brought forward to this update, so I put it where its supposed to be.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:32:06 am by Zuglarkun »

Daniel the Finlander

• Bay Watcher
  • Making bacon pancakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2016, 10:19:24 am »

Nice report! I'll definitely add a quote to the list.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29