Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Issue with Goblin Liaison  (Read 776 times)

Lucius Sejanus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Issue with Goblin Liaison
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:14:29 pm »

I made me a Goblin Fort mod, with the All Races Playable mod as a starting point. Took me a week or so of tweaking, but I finally got goblins tweaked to how I wanted them, and embarked happily.

It's now first summer, and I'm seeing a very bizzare bug. The goblin caravan has shown up (makes sense, goblins are active all seasons), and brought an outpost liaison with them.
Here is where things get really stange: the liaison will not meet with my leader, not because of conflicting jobs or anything, but because she's frightened of goblins, and goblins are frightened of her. For like two months now, she will head for my leader, see some random hauler or fisher at the fort entrance, and scurry away. Said fisher will spam me with a "task interrupted by liaison" prompt, and run away in the opposite direction. Dwarf Therapist reports that they had a negative thought for combat or some such.

Things of note:

The liason is a goblin, from my civ, as reported by DFHack.
She is not cursed in any way, also as reported by DFHack.
The merchants she came with happily unloaded their goods and traded with me, no funny business.
The leader does not have an office or a bedroom (this is the first summer, they're getting dug out ATM)
I changed the world's raw of the goblin creature to require food and drink AFTER embarking (but before ever unpausing). They eat and drink fine.
I'm a total noob at playing (or modding Dwarf Fortress specifically)

What I changed, in case it's relevant:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm entirely unsure what's going on now. I can kill the hapless liaison through DFHack, and hope that her replacement isn't as scary/cowardly. But I don't want to unless it's absolutely needed.

Lucius Sejanus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with Goblin Liaison
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 12:51:30 am »

Well, ended up killing the poor goblin liaison, and sure enough, her replacement that came in autumn is behaving the same way. I'm at a loss now. Has anyone else playing modded civs encountered this?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 02:54:21 pm »

That sounds very weird, I have never seen anything like it. Have you tried a different world? It may just be a weird bug that only effect that one civ/save.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Lucius Sejanus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 05:10:54 pm »

I figured it out, after lots of futile attempts and many, many worlds.

The culprits were Goblin entity ethics, probably KILL_NEUTRAL (although I changed both KILL_NEUTRAL and KILL_ENEMY in one attempt). Set those to what Humans had, and the liaison came and held his meeting.