Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Messiah!  (Read 1842 times)

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
Adventurer Messiah!
« on: October 17, 2015, 05:34:58 pm »

SO i'm thinking of making a race for messing around in adventurer mode, and since I like to make my adventurers (mostly) moral, helpful people, I thought I'd take it to the logical conclusion. Kung-Fu Jesus.

With that in mind, what sort of abilities/tags/natural attacks should I give this thing? All i've got is martial trance and an ability that dramatically increases healing speed temporarily on a target.
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Messiah!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 06:48:33 pm »

You could use inorganic tissues for body parts.  Bones of steel.  Skin of stone. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 07:01:31 pm »

According to rigorous research conducted by me, Jesus does not have inorganic tissues.[1]
[1]South Park, Family Guy
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 09:52:23 am »

No, that was for the Kung-Fu part.  When you do Kung-Fu you can change your body into steel or rocks or water, just there's no reason to be water in Dwarf Fortress. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 02:55:46 pm »

No, that was for the Kung-Fu part.  When you do Kung-Fu you can change your body into steel or rocks or water, just there's no reason to be water in Dwarf Fortress.

So, he's Kung Fu Action Jesus?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 10:00:13 pm »

Instead of inorganic tissues, you could shrink your punch's contact area from 100 down to 50. It works quite nicely enough.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Modding your creature is not really different from modding weapons in regard to contact area, tick count, additional attacks, and flavor text.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 04:30:56 am »

Give him an extremely deadly interaction that can only target creatures with all of the standard monster immunities, as well as CAN_SPEAK.  Such attacks will work against demons, night creatures, vampires and werebeasts, but not ordinary creatures.  Call it Smite Evil.  Another interaction can target OPPOSED_TO_LIFE in order to return zombies to rest.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 11:55:16 am »

Don't forget, it is possible to use a resurrection interaction to bring the innocent dead back to life. Couple it with a brief transformation into something benign, like a cat, to get that instant healing effect.

One can also heal people via transformations.

For kung-fu purposes, you might want something like a webbing interaction, to hold your opponents for easier smiting, and preventing them from reaching innocents until they're free of the webs. An interaction to simply fling vast numbers of chunks of platinum also sounds appetizing.
But seriously, you're going to want to make yourself tougher. Edit all tissues so that they heal rapidly, use a bone material as tough as slade so that hacking off limbs/breaking bones will be more difficult, and the same for fingernails so that you can scratch enemies to death if all else fail.

For natural skills I'm guessing it would be advantageous to be a legendary swimmer and climber, as well as legendary in unarmed fighting skills. youll want to be able to fly, breathe underwater (or better yet, not at all), be immune to extreme temperature, etc so that you can reach evildoers regardless of obstacles.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 08:44:27 pm »

Just had to say: WHOK-A-CHIKOW! KUNG FU JESUS!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 03:10:32 pm »

...a brief transformation into ... a cat...

Ceiling Cat?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!