Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 29043 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2015, 06:45:39 pm »

((Thinking on it further, since there are a bunch of you and fairly limited worthwhile minions:
I'm going to place a limit of 1 free command per turn, or 2 if you want them to get a -1 penalty. You may trade your action to double the commands.
Spending resources to, say, build a mage guild system, would help with this.

Also note: Next turn's actions take place in winter, and that giving gold to a bunch of untrained and disorganized mages to make gold for you might not be a very effective action.))
((With this in mind, I have edited my action.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2015, 06:48:25 pm »

Edited post.

"Oh, for- I told you seven times that that mannafruit was poisoned! "

Classified returns from fetching the king some "cool stuff", administers the antidote to the king, and checks on the stuff he brought back.
"Poisoned?  That's preposterous!  The body is simply adjusting to its new superhuman health.  I'll have you know that this is a basic fact taught to schoolchildren in Szechen for godssakes, sir... er... whoever you are."
"I know poisons better than anyone else in this room, and those are poisonous."

"I don't need to give them money, of course. I'll just let them keep more of what they farm, and order the farmers to share with other peasants.

What bandits?"

((Taxes decreased. Oops.))

"Who are you, what are you doing in my castle, why are you dressed like an assassin, what was that foul liquid, and why are you ruining perfectly good mannafruit? That was a particularly potent piece." The king looks sadly at the partially eaten fruit on the ground.

((Since there are so many wizards available, can I make several actions, each asimed at a different type of wizard?))
((You may give them different orders for the moment.))
"The assassin you sent off to find 'cool stuff,' bringing you 'cool stuff' and saving you from yourself, an antidote, because you are addicted to them and they are slowly killing you."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2015, 06:49:58 pm »

I will "Remove" the bandits with my magic, And you mr.Assassin Do I need to curse you as well?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2015, 06:53:26 pm »

((This still open?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2015, 06:54:40 pm »

((8 People in, Probably not))
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nunzillor

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2015, 06:54:45 pm »

I will "Remove" the bandits with my magic, And you mr.Assassin Do I need to curse you as well?
"Absolutely you do, sir mage!  This man is a charlatan of the highest order.  He purports to know that mannafruit is poisonous, but the entire kingdom enjoys mannafruit and has been greatly enriched by it!  Look at me, King Roland.  I am a prodigious consumer of mannafruit, yet I am healthy and strong."

"This man clearly has not been eating enough mannafruit.  It is tragic, really."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

I pull out a potion of continuous pain and read the ingredient list to counter
the ingredients are to this potion are: "Mana fruit", Virgins blood, Ground unicorn's horn, and shredded hell hound skin.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2015, 06:59:51 pm »

((This still open?))
((No. Too many people and I'd lose the will to update.))

"The assassin who I.." The king pauses for several seconds, then loudly resumes speaking. "AH! Master Elkwin, I remember now! Your mother, is adored in Pleasentville for her delicious blackberry pies. How is she these days?

And you have it all wrong, mannafruit isn't killing me at all! Have you been taking lessons from Locke here?"

Nunzillor

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2015, 07:05:33 pm »

the ingredients are to this potion are: "Mana fruit", Virgins blood, Ground unicorn's horn, and shredded hell hound skin.
"Hmm, yes, the mannafruit must be used to keep the potion from congealing.  The fruit is quite good at that, you know."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2015, 07:15:31 pm »

Did you know that potions gain there powers from there dominant ingredient?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nunzillor

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2015, 07:21:36 pm »

"Of course!  Indeed, being a learned sage I have certainly heard that.  But have you heard that mannafruit is a submissive reagent?"

"Virgin's blood is the dominant ingredient in that particular potion, methinks.  The stuff is incredibly caustic.  I've known several virgins that have died because their humours were unblanaced due to all the blood in their system.  That's what I told several virgins who gave up a good portion of their blood to me for cheap, and I'm sure they haven't regretted it."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:41:15 pm by Nunzillor »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »

I cut open a "mana fruit" and pour the juice on a piece of cloth, and watch as the cloth bursts into flames
Your "Mana" fruit does that to all organic materials, so are you going to keep the masquerade up? or do I need to use "the curse of Constant truth" on you?
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nunzillor

« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2015, 07:33:04 pm »

"I'm sure as a wizard you have access to all kinds of pyromancy for tricks like this.  The fact of the matter is, the only fire mannafruit creates is the fire of passion and strength in the hearts of men.  Or possibly a cleansing fire that removes the impurities of the soul.  And... uh... someone better put that out before it spreads."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2015, 07:50:50 pm »

"Mannafruit is great! There is nothing wrong with it! .. Well, other than its price. I have never seen it burn things before now, and please stop with the boring alchemy talk."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2015, 08:03:41 pm »

"Absolutely you do, sir mage!  This man is a charlatan of the highest order.  He purports to know that mannafruit is poisonous, but the entire kingdom enjoys mannafruit and has been greatly enriched by it!  Look at me, King Roland.  I am a prodigious consumer of mannafruit, yet I am healthy and strong."

"This man clearly has not been eating enough mannafruit.  It is tragic, really."

"It's a non-lethal poison for a creature as large as a human; it still causes severe intestinal damage, however. I suspect Roland has had diarrhea for a considerable time now. Has anyone actually seen you eating your mannafruits, salesman?"
"Hmm, yes, the mannafruit must be used to keep the potion from congealing.  The fruit is quite good at that, you know."
"I've worked with it before, and it isn't an anti-congealant."
"I'm sure as a wizard you have access to all kinds of pyromancy for tricks like this.  The fact of the matter is, the only fire mannafruit creates is the fire of passion and strength in the hearts of men.  Or possibly a cleansing fire that removes the impurities of the soul.  And... uh... someone better put that out before it spreads."
"What reason would he have to fake a fire?"

Feed a piece of mannafruit to a rat. Watch as the rat's hindquarters explode into flaming bits of gore. Call a fireman over. Have the cleric (the PC one) cast Detect Poison on the mannafruit.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 24