Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD  (Read 29044 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Advisers to an Incompetent King RTD
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2015, 08:05:17 pm »

((I think I'll wait to have my character react until we see how that roll goes.  Also, I like how the effects of painfruit get worse as the game goes on.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:07:49 pm by Nunzillor »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2015, 08:05:57 pm »

"I don't know what the devil a mannafruit is, but I'd really like someone to tell me..."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nunzillor

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2015, 08:13:29 pm »

Holtze would have to think carefully about how to deal with this newcomer.  He seemed quite dangerous to Holtze's goals.  In the meantime, however...
"I don't know what the devil a mannafruit is, but I'd really like someone to tell me..."
"Pa-, I mean, mannafruit is a favored food of the king and is well-liked both here in Justdale and in its originating land of Szechen.  Despite the words of some, no doubt uttered for political reasons, mannafruit causes a host of benefits such as wisdom and incredibly long life."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2015, 08:27:38 pm »

((I think I'll wait to have my character react until we see how that roll goes.  Also, I like how the effects of painfruit get worse as the game goes on.))
((You know what? I can't stop laughing. It's now canon: Painfruit juice now reacts quite harshly with non-live-human organics, where it didn't before.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 22, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »

Holtze would have to think carefully about how to deal with this newcomer.  He seemed quite dangerous to Holtze's goals.  In the meantime, however...
"Pa-, I mean, mannafruit is a favored food of the king and is well-liked both here in Justdale and in its originating land of Szechen.  Despite the words of some, no doubt uttered for political reasons, mannafruit causes a host of benefits such as wisdom and incredibly long life."
"No one (unless they're an oracle or something) can prove that it provides longevity or wisdom, so you should not state that as if it was a fact."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:40:58 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nunzillor

« Reply #95 on: October 22, 2015, 08:45:46 pm »

"In Szechen that is taught to us all, and numerous government Szechian studies spanning hundreds of years have proven it to be true.  I would never state as fact something that wasn't proven true because, as a sage, I believe that truth is the most important ideal one can strive for."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:09:59 pm by Nunzillor »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2015, 09:31:38 pm »

"In Szechen that is taught to us all, and numerous government Szechian studies spanning hundreds of years have proven it to be true.  I would never state as fact something that wasn't proven true because, as a sage, I believe that truth is the most important ideal one can strive for."
"Can you verify this?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nunzillor

« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2015, 09:50:48 pm »

"I have certainly seen men in Szechen that have said they are hundreds of years old, and several that have not seemed to change in appearance even as I grew older.  I have seen enough and heard enough from others to decide that the power of mannafruit must be real, so yes I can verify firsthand that it is true.  The people of Justdale deserve to be happier, and that's why I've brought mannafruit to this wonderful land."

"Why not try one for yourself?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:56:00 pm by Nunzillor »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2015, 10:04:06 pm »

"I'd rather my mind remain unclouded by weird plant wisdom. It's highly possible that whatever benefits that the plant has are accompanied with drawbacks: It's probably habit forming, maybe even addictive. Second, the plant may purposely affect your logic to make you obtain and grow more of the plant for its own good. Did you not say that we are now attempting to produce as much mannafruit as possible? That's awfully convenient. Truly, the fruit will soon conquer you pitiful humans... and I'll be there to say "I told you so""
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nunzillor

« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2015, 10:13:25 pm »

Holtze was surprised by the mileage he was getting out of this.  Even the other advisors believed him!  He was gonnna come out of this a rich, rich man.

"Or will we humans ascend to a higher plane of existence, leaving the unenlightened behind?  Perhaps the plant is benevolent and simply wishes to spread its gifts?  Or maybe it is cold and practical, and its boons simply cause us to cultivate it more than other fruits and help it spread?"

"In any case, we can only speculate about the future.  But, all the same, I feel deep down that this kingdom will be glorious with the power of mannafruit behind it."
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:28:11 am by Nunzillor »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2015, 01:57:44 am »

"Bah! We need real men to do the taxman's job!"

Commandeer a fast horse and a few guards from the palace. Then gallop out to the wilder edges of the kingdom and look for bandits to recruit. Give anyone who uses these fancy "metaphors" a good drubbing.
One wheel short of a wagon

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2015, 02:53:48 am »

Send a thoughtful letter to the druid possessing the vial proffering the very best apologies I can manage. Clearly the Sacred Vial of Tax Exemption is his and his alone. Inquire as to the state of his family and health, be nice and all that. Relate an anecdote from the 420th Realm of Smoke and Mirrors and the things I have seen there to warm him up a tad.

You know, a spot of correspondence to improve relations. Offer compensation for any damages incurred, though deny responsibility for actions of thieving adventurers (after all, their mission was ostensibly to negotiate a potential return of the vial, not do murderhobo things as usual).

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2015, 09:24:38 am »

"I have certainly seen men in Szechen that have said they are hundreds of years old, and several that have not seemed to change in appearance even as I grew older.  I have seen enough and heard enough from others to decide that the power of mannafruit must be real, so yes I can verify firsthand that it is true.  The people of Justdale deserve to be happier, and that's why I've brought mannafruit to this wonderful land."

"Why not try one for yourself?"

"How do you know that this is due to them eating mannafruits, and not because of some other source of immortality? How do we know that Szechen is even real, or if it is like you claim it is?"

"Because it is highly addictive, even more so than [insert this world's equivalent to crack here]!"

Holtze was surprised by the mileage he was getting out of this.  Even the other advisors believed him!  He was gonnna come out of this a rich, rich man.

"Or will we humans ascend to a higher plane of existence, leaving the unenlightened behind?  Perhaps the plant is benevolent and simply wishes to spread its gifts?  Or maybe it is cold and practical, and its boons simply cause us to cultivate it more than other fruits and help it spread?"

"In any case, we can only speculate about the future.  But, all the same, I feel deep down that this kingdom will be glorious with the power of mannafruit behind it."

"As a rule of thumb, things that have to mess with your mind to get you to help them aren't out for your best interests."

"I'd rather my mind remain unclouded by weird plant wisdom. It's highly possible that whatever benefits that the plant has are accompanied with drawbacks: It's probably habit forming, maybe even addictive. Second, the plant may purposely affect your logic to make you obtain and grow more of the plant for its own good. Did you not say that we are now attempting to produce as much mannafruit as possible? That's awfully convenient. Truly, the fruit will soon conquer you pitiful humans... and I'll be there to say "I told you so""
((By the end of this, mannafruit is going to be worse for you than chugging raw toxic waste.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2015, 01:40:29 pm »

"What is your name, friend?"

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2015, 03:42:57 pm »

"I leave the capital one time and we hire necromancers? I have too many things to worry about already."

I try to convince the common people that the wealth-generating artifact is a holy relic, in hopes that someone will retrieve it for us. I also command a small portion of the troops I recruited to keep an eye on the necromancers.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:45:54 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24