Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This is the first time this has happened to me  (Read 13728 times)

Chief10

• Bay Watcher
  • since 31
    • View Profile
Re: This is the first time this has happened to me
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 07:42:11 pm »

Weird. Then it must be changed/bugged in 40.23 / .24, because I know it never gave me that message in Violentlash. Looking at the last picture you also got the message for pets/tamed animals (?), I'm absolutly sure I never got this message for tamed animals - been too long since there were any pets around for me to remember though.

I should note that DFHack is part of the package I installed, so it could be that. However, I have never actively changed/used any of its features on this version.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 09:40:52 pm »

Weird. Then it must be changed/bugged in 40.23 / .24, because I know it never gave me that message in Violentlash. Looking at the last picture you also got the message for pets/tamed animals (?), I'm absolutly sure I never got this message for tamed animals - been too long since there were any pets around for me to remember though.

I should note that DFHack is part of the package I installed, so it could be that. However, I have never actively changed/used any of its features on this version.
If you're using LNP/DFHack, there are several non-vanilla features enabled by default.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2015, 07:43:55 am »

I find the best workaround for this is just to check the age of a dwarf before allowing them to assume a role vital to the fort. If they're close to death by old age, I say just let them haul and do all the unskilled, menial tasks like brewing, lye making, shearing, etc., until they die. They'll still get some job satisfaction from the workshop jobs, but you won't suddenly lose your newly-trained legendary armorer to age.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2015, 10:26:24 am »

Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
I want to quote this.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 07:51:27 am »

I recently had a dwarf that was supposedly 230 years old. I didn't notice until I was going through good candidates for mayors, looking for a balance between lots of social skills and no goods preferences. Fortunately, he had a thought about dining, so he wasn't a vampire.

Has anyone had this before?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2015, 12:00:08 pm »

I recently had a dwarf that was supposedly 230 years old. I didn't notice until I was going through good candidates for mayors, looking for a balance between lots of social skills and no goods preferences. Fortunately, he had a thought about dining, so he wasn't a vampire.

Has anyone had this before?
The absolute max age of dwarves according to my raw files is 170. Between 150 and 170 they can die of old age, with 170 being the maximum.

If the game said "supposedly" 230 then maybe it estimates how old they look, rather than their actual age? Only other explanations I could think of for that would be either your raw files have been changed or that dwarf was a vamp[ire who just had a good thought about eating someone.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 07:38:17 am »

Nah, vampires don't get good thoughts from their meals, and they'll always have the appearance of someone the age they were when they turned. This sounds like the results of modding. I suppose it's *possible* they're a werebeast if and only if latias1290 hasn't had them for more than a month.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 03:44:15 pm »

Nah, vampires don't get good thoughts from their meals, and they'll always have the appearance of someone the age they were when they turned. This sounds like the results of modding. I suppose it's *possible* they're a werebeast if and only if latias1290 hasn't had them for more than a month.
I did not mod, and this guy has been in my fort for a while without transforming.

That is, I might have overlooked his name as I have four werebeast locked up, but I doubt it.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.
Pages: 1 [2]