Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 129075 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

http://mightandfealty.com/

(For those already playing or who will join, we're founding the empire of the "Children of Armok" in the newly-opened northwestern expanse. I'll post some player names, lore, and other pertinent info at the bottom of the thread!)

Have any of you heard of Might & Fealty yet? An incredibly fun new sandbox strategy-RPG medieval roleplaying game and direct successor to Battlemaster? (
www.Battlemaster.org
) I have 10 characters running some pretty heavy RP in multiple nations, and a ton of fun is going on no matter where you go! In my primary nation of Arrakesh alone, a small realm compared to most, especially those massive clusters like the Erstes Empire that have Arrakesh-sized DUCHIES as sub-realms, all of the following occurred in the last 3 days: Our ancient empress awoken from a thousand-year slumber, making Seers out of those she chose as hosts to the gift of futuresight, mind-controlling her late husband Prince Ganthor Vendaran, slowly turning him into a Void-touched undead thrall (by accident!) before murdering him out of supposedly merciful pity... The emperor who succeeded Ganthor was also infected by the Voidblight plague due to the Empresses curse, basking himself in holy cleansing flame before jumping out of his palace window so as to escape the maddening visions infesting his febrile mind... Wars erupting in every corner as empires shatter and sub-reams crop up in every direction. My monastic Order of the Black Star (think the Gray Wardens from Dragon Age and you're close) has risen to combat the Void and all dark threats to the continuity of Mankind's virtue and survival... I actually convinced people I've never spoken to, from various realms, to give me parcels of land and estates for the express purpose of setting up the whole Dark Order roleplay plot on a global scale. Alliances rising and falling on a weekly basis. Northern raiders assaulting the south, allies turning against each other, siblings plotting against each other, countless dungeons being explored, regular updates adding awesome new features I wish we had in other games on an almost daily basis, and metric fucktons more!

Oh, and we just discussed adding torture, maiming, castration, and other fun mechanics into the game to make capturing nobles in battle more entertaining than just "let him go or execute him." Independent settlements now allow any noble to walk in and do as they please with the weak-willed mortal Second Ones (NPC's), so I walked into a fortified independent city whose owner had been killed and lacked a successor or succession provisions in its local government, convinced 192 miltia-men to join beneath my banner, then used them to take over the city and claim it as my own. ;) Ordered a lumber yard, shrine, bowyer, guard house, and wall built, designated a few roads to be built leading to strategic locations of my choosing, set up a few watch towers to keep an eye on who enters different sides of the region, recruited a few camp followers to harvest food while my army murders the city's food production during my occupation, set up a few trade routes with my prior estates to distribute surplus materials and relieve a few deficits, and more. Gods I love this game!

I'd like to offer a general invite to each of you. If you're interested, let me know over here or via email (AureaMaximilian@Gmail.com - goes straight to my phone so its guaranteed to be noticed and replied to within minutes) and we'll talk. I'll ask you a few questions and help you find the optimal realm and sub-realm for you! :) If your playstyle and needs fit with what I have to offer, you could always join one of my characters as a vassal. I have a ridiculous amount of estates to give away in various realms.

I can't believe no one's mentioned this game here yet.

---

Marking our first estates in an hour or so, (0.2 and 0.4 hours in-game, respectively, for the closest As such, I've taken to dubbing the lake of the Western Reach, I shall call the great lake "Armok's Tear," and our realm the "Children of Armok". I'm writing a little legend about it, for IC reasons why we're there in the first place. Some of us are already in place to claim the regions surrounding Armok's Tear.
Alright guys! Time to pull out our pickaxes and strike the earth!

List of Players and their character names:

PM me your character names and I'll add them to the list. :) If you wish, include what realm you're from and I'll also list that. I'll be adding my non-Dwarven characters later, in a bit of a rush atm. Strike the Earth!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:47:36 am by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:30:57 am »

It's not exactly "new" I played the beta or alpha or whatever it was many months ago...pretty sure there was a thread on it a while back

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 07:52:16 am »

Yeah, it launched a few months ago, absolutely bare-bones. Tom, its creator, is currently working on turning the 2D map into a full 3D rendered map with procedurally-generated settlements and the like.

I searched for Might & Fealty on the forum and found nothing. Couldn't find anything.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 07:53:02 am »

It was probably combined with the Battlemaster thread...no matter. I am personally waiting for the 3d version to get back into it

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 10:32:35 am »

I started playing this today.
I love it.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 10:35:01 am »

We also talked about it a lot when Tom first did the alpha: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122478.0

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 11:00:05 am »

Is there a changelog since alpha/beta?

And what great timing, the forums there are down cause server movement or something.

EDIT: Apparently my first character was killed by some random guy dogpiling +40 troops against me and another random noble over a few days...  Well, at least I made him a kid, so the bloodline continues.
EDIT2: That is actually a good starting point for RP...  It looks like the killer is still alive...  And the other noble is alive too, I think.
EDIT3: And apparently I could create a new character that is related to the dead one anyways...  and marry that character to the currently alive daughter. 
(The daughter couldn't be set as the mother.  Incest kind of averted, maybe...  Ok, maybe not:  A new female character could be the daughter of the guy and also be married to him.)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:38:02 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 07:35:00 pm »

I love it.

What's your character(s) name(s)? :) What realm(s) are you in?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 04:22:11 am »

This does, in fact, look extremely good. I may have a look at playing it at some point, as I'm currently somewhat in love with Illyriad and this looks similar to it.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 06:35:04 am »

Join me in Arrakesh. :) Ill go log in and post a knight offer in Black Rose Manor, Black Order of Arrakesh's stronghold, so you can join me in conquering the world and fighting evil in my pseudo-religious Order of the Black Star. ;) You'll be a vassal to Lysandra Gault-Moore, Matriarch of the Black Order and Headmistress to the Martyrs of Vanguard. Its all RP right now, but I'm almost done negotiating for some nice land tracts to be donated by multiple nations to the Black Order in order (ba dum tss) to fight the threat of the evil undead Void, so there will be plenty of estates to rule and develop.

Register, confirm email, log in, click create character, pick your gender and a good unique name, and... Oh, piece of advice. You can't modify your dynasty/family tree later so if you have any ideas, make a few well-named characters as dead-on-creation so you have ancestors. There's a little checkbox at the bottom of the character creation page that makes them be created already dead, that way you have ancestors and you can designate them as your parents. Either start with a male or female, give them a good name, check the dead box, continue. Make another one of the opposite gender, put that theyre married to the first one you made, check the dead box, continue. NOW, pick the name of the character you will be playing. Pick their gender as you see fit. Do NOT check the dead box! Designate the other two as your parents, and continue. Youll have a whole bunch of boxes and a map. So you want to look for Knight Offers for now. I'll set one up in Black Rose Manor now. Just finished imprisoning the exiled ancient Empress of the Arrakeshi there. :P

From there, my countrymen and I will teach you the ropes. :)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 11:33:39 am »

I love it.

What's your character(s) name(s)? :) What realm(s) are you in?

I'm Katherine and Azule Fordak, Azule is down south going to Arkhonia, while Katherine is going to Thathubana. I'm a tad busy to check for realm right now.. But I'm pretty sure one of my characters is near you, and I'm thinking of making a third character to go under your vassalage. :3
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »

Well, I'm not going to be jumping in right yet (especially not if having a family tree is to be desired), so don't totally jump the gun on setting things up for me. Just probably will start at some point (maybe tomorrow), I'll mention here.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 04:44:57 pm »

....  I find myself unwilling to choose just any fealty offer. 
Mostly cause I'm looking at Ascalon.  I think that is where I want to be... or at least in that vicinity, outside the direct control of the 2 big empires.

The isles look to be the least interesting, because big island empire/kingdom.

Mostly though, I don't know the political situation and status of ongoing fighting that is happening.  In short, I don't want to join a kingdom sitting on its arse for months on end.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:49:34 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 07:57:36 pm »

....  I find myself unwilling to choose just any fealty offer. 
Mostly cause I'm looking at Ascalon.  I think that is where I want to be... or at least in that vicinity, outside the direct control of the 2 big empires.

The isles look to be the least interesting, because big island empire/kingdom.

Mostly though, I don't know the political situation and status of ongoing fighting that is happening.  In short, I don't want to join a kingdom sitting on its arse for months on end.
Heh, I was just thinking the same thing. Was thinking of trying to get something started in the Isles, since there I had this idea of making a corsair/pirate sort of entity. If they are weak or AFK, then it should be easy to break out and do our own thing. Wanna team up?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 08:05:16 pm »

Just made a dude, and apparently I got some really lucky traits.  Unbreakable and Recruiter.
I'm in the Earth Enclave in Arrakesh, vassal of Alekhsandr Aurea.  Name is Henry Kolving.

EDIT: Oyea this game is pretty ballin too
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 96