Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 130228 times)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1320 on: April 26, 2017, 11:50:33 am »

I've been playing this game for a while and can attest that all rp and interaction die when there's a lull and flares up when there's conflict (not necessary military conflict either).
Being a member of many big realms I have started several wars and was never backed up by my larger realm. I've lost most wars I started because people also did not understand the concept of limited war. Still these wars actually invigorated all sides involved and galvanized roleplay. I recruited half a dozen new players and they all stayed in game because stuff was happening. Right now stuff is not happening again and people begin to slumber.
Please don't tell me about lively rp that's happening within Armok and WC. They're as dead as most other realms until something threatens them. You're lucky Ascalon started moving, maybe something will actually rise people from their slumber.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 26, 2017, 12:06:44 pm »

Well Ascalon completely destroyed one subrealm of lowlands, so I think the outcome of that is actually less conflict and more homogenization of that area now. Not a peep out of anyone in Ascalon for most of the war, because they did it all in private chat between a small number of paid accounts. Ascalon decided to do it fairly on the quiet and not to use it as a recruiting thing.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 26, 2017, 12:17:12 pm »

Far as I can tell, they had it coming.  *Biased inactive lordling of Ascalon*
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 26, 2017, 12:21:39 pm »

Some time ago there was a duchy in the north of Ascalon ruled by yours truly. I started a border scuffle with some smaller chieftain and the entire Lowlands descended upon me, obliterated my duchy and stole all its lands because Ascalon royally betrayed me. So no, Lowlands don't have a claim to that territory. But although I was disappointed that lowlanders chose to wage war to extinction with me, at least it created a lot of roleplay and upheaval both in Lowlands and Ascalon. Now Ascalon is taking its land back and it will hopefully increase player activity in both camps too.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 26, 2017, 12:23:43 pm »

I think you'll see LL decline to be a small regional player after this, though some of the newer NE kingdoms will get pretty strong.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 27, 2017, 04:20:35 am »

LL has basically broke down when several major players left a short while ago. Their decline just wasn't evident because there was no conflict and nothing stress-tested the system.
That's how it works, when all key players leave their realms often remain an empty husk until someone pokes them and they fall apart.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 28, 2017, 11:28:58 am »

Half the game for those still around is propping up them husks like a scarecrow.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Masdus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 28, 2017, 12:04:35 pm »

You seem to assume all realms that wish for conflict, wish only to completely destroy their opponents. Conversely you claim the majority of players are driven by RP and realm building. The two are not mutually exclusive. A RP realm can quite easily go to war, and fight it in a way that makes sense in the game world and doesn't just devolve into some e-peen competition. The wars of the old Rathgar come to mind, as does the war of the Grand Fate/Ascalon against Hawks and Magvel. Hawk wars at least have always outlined clearly what if any land they are after (and if not land they outline whatever it is we are after, like when we went to war against Arrakesh in order to extract tribute) and what forces are assigned to the task for example.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 28, 2017, 12:28:09 pm »

I never said that all conflict was bad or not fun, I was responding to a comment which boils down to "how can you have fun without conflict in this game?" so I listed some contexts in which you can have fun without conflict. That's not implying they're mutually incompatible or that RP characters can't enjoy some conflict.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #1329 on: August 09, 2017, 06:09:42 pm »

Anyone still around?

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 10, 2017, 07:42:59 am »

Some are.

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #1331 on: August 10, 2017, 11:08:43 am »

Anyone up for some fighting?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 01, 2017, 09:00:03 pm »

Yeah I know poor form necro but better than making a new thread. I played the alpha for this years ago with Bay12, probably been around 4 years at this point.  I remember being turned off by the lack of a F2P option but apparently he's added one for a couple of years now, and I've been having an itch for these kind of browser games again. Apparently Bay12 used to have a realm of sorts set up, is it still kicking?

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 02, 2017, 06:25:58 am »

What? It has always been f2p

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 02, 2017, 08:48:34 am »

Nope, originally it was paid play only. This was to encourage that only people who were committed to participating would play or some such if I recall. Sometime after a year or so it was opened up to also allow f2p accounts, probably because it was really small because few people are willing to pay a monthly subscription for a text-based game these days.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 96