Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 130176 times)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1335 on: November 02, 2017, 12:35:31 pm »

I guess it was early alpha or something. Ever since they started inviting people from Battlemaster f2p accounts were a thing.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 02, 2017, 09:33:44 pm »

*raises hand* War was always a secondary annoyance at best. Played for the RP and character interaction only.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 13, 2018, 11:34:24 pm »

I don't mean to necro a dead thread, but is anyone here currently a part of Ascalon? After some time, luck, and charity I've been given a barony which I'm pretty excited about admittedly.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #1338 on: February 14, 2018, 09:09:58 am »

I regret quitting.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1340 on: February 16, 2018, 05:15:50 am »

I regret quitting too. But on the other hand, the game was failing and I can recognise the sunken cost fallacy when I see it. I had good times, but ultimately nothing ever happened. It's been a steady decline since Rathgar and Lowlands fought. I know that Lowlands has mostly dissolved.
I don't think it ever hit the critical mass that the game needed or rather if it did it could not sustain it. The map was too open, too large. Land was something that nobody cared about unless it had thousands and thousands in population and 'bad' land was palmed off en masse to players who quickly grew frustrated. If the map were smaller and even 'bad' lands having a purpose, then I don't think it would have fallen.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:18:09 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 18, 2018, 09:37:30 pm »

Re-posted from some other thread in which I posted this accidentally:

Could somebody tell me how to retire a character in this?
Recently I've been receiving notification emails due to one of my long-forgotten characters apparently being caught up in some siege-tacular action. I managed to remember my details and sign in to take a closer look, but I'm told that I "have more active characters than [my] current subscription level allows", leaving me unable to actually log in to the character in question.

I doubt I will actually start playing again, since this game was always confusing as heck and what little I'd learned I've long since forgotten, but it'd be interesting to take a peek at what's going on. Apparently the character those notifications were about has fought in a total of 13 battles, killing 22 "mortals" in the process. No idea how many were whilst I was still playing.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 19, 2018, 12:15:11 am »

I've got a feeling I know what Yoink's character is dealing with, but, for people who've mentioned regretting quitting, I'd suggest jumping back in. I certainly think that the game is getting better with each update, and I feel that the interaction is coming back, albeit slowly.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 19, 2018, 12:38:02 am »

I've got a feeling I know what Yoink's character is dealing with
One dude with an army repeatedly attacking the 30~ player characters that were chilling in a settlement of his, the aptly-named Fort Lostsoul?
Seriously, I think the person who brought my character here in the first place was deliberately gathering up abandoned characters en masse and dumping them here, haha. Methinks this other fella just wants some more notches on his epeen. That or he's just really bored, which wouldn't surprise.      
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 19, 2018, 12:39:50 am »

I want to stop getting emails =/ I want to start playing again.

I’ll take a look when I get to work and see if I can help with that.

*edit* OK, it looks like if you haven't played for a while, your subscription is set to 'Locked'. If you go to 'Change subscription level' -> You can set it to 'Casual', which allows 4 characters active. At that point, your characters should become unlocked and you can retire them.

You can also go to Profile -> Edit Settings, and set your e-mail notifications off.

*2nd edit*

A while ago, fighting abandoned nobles was a good way to slowly pick up experience for troops in ways that wouldn't end up with half of them dead. I'm not sure if that's still the case - boredom is another good reason.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:47:13 am by Hanzoku »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 19, 2018, 10:32:02 pm »

I'm not exactly sure when the change took effect, but I've been told that attacking slumbering nobles no longer gives experience for anyone involved in that battle, which really sucked when I took part in that 50+ noble, 10,000+ troop battle that somehow sucked in a random slumbering First One and got no experience for my troops out of it.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 28, 2018, 04:32:32 pm »

Just wanna let anyone still notified on this thread that if you want to come back to the game, I would be more than willing to let you join me in my county in Ascalon. We recently "warred" with the Lowlands, though I use warred very loosely since most of the Lowlanders were slumbering. I now have a bunch of land that I had to make characters to manage simply because I just don't have enough real player vassals.

It's very possible that the few people active in the Lowlands are beginning to muster troops for a counterattack, so you may get to see a bit of action. However, it's becoming more and more doubtful as time goes on so if the wargaming aspect of the game isn't your cup of tea then you shouldn't really have to participate in that regard.

I'd be willing to start you off with an estate, if you want one, and if things go well and I start to trust you more I'd be wiling to throw you a few bones here and there, whether it be land, troops, or titles.

I'll RP as hard and as often as you want to RP. I'm not one to really initiate past a simple exchanging of letters, but if you were to interact with me I'd reciprocate to the best of my abilities. Honestly, I'm mostly looking for people to hold land. If you don't want to RP and just want to play spreadsheet simulator then I won't bother you one bit, but you'd still be ICly obligated to certain extents.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 28, 2018, 07:00:30 pm »

Just wanna let anyone still notified on this thread that if you want to come back to the game, I would be more than willing to let you join me in my county in Ascalon. We recently "warred" with the Lowlands, though I use warred very loosely since most of the Lowlanders were slumbering. I now have a bunch of land that I had to make characters to manage simply because I just don't have enough real player vassals.

It's very possible that the few people active in the Lowlands are beginning to muster troops for a counterattack, so you may get to see a bit of action. However, it's becoming more and more doubtful as time goes on so if the wargaming aspect of the game isn't your cup of tea then you shouldn't really have to participate in that regard.

I'd be willing to start you off with an estate, if you want one, and if things go well and I start to trust you more I'd be wiling to throw you a few bones here and there, whether it be land, troops, or titles.

I'll RP as hard and as often as you want to RP. I'm not one to really initiate past a simple exchanging of letters, but if you were to interact with me I'd reciprocate to the best of my abilities. Honestly, I'm mostly looking for people to hold land. If you don't want to RP and just want to play spreadsheet simulator then I won't bother you one bit, but you'd still be ICly obligated to certain extents.

I find this game very fascinating and tried to play it a while back, but I did not  understand how it works and how I was supposed to play it.

I would be willing to try it again if someone could help me understand how the whole thing works.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 28, 2018, 08:53:09 pm »

I find this game very fascinating and tried to play it a while back, but I did not  understand how it works and how I was supposed to play it.

I would be willing to try it again if someone could help me understand how the whole thing works.

It's impossible for me to say how you're supposed to play it because you could play it in so many different ways. It all just depends on what kind of experience you want from the game.

As for how it works? That's very broad and also difficult to answer as a generality. Though, if you wish to get into it again there is a Discord server for the game where you can ask specifics and get relatively quick responses, as compared to a forum. The developer is in it too, so if you have a more mechanics based question that no one else can seem to answer he'd most likely be able to provide one. Here's the invite link if you're interested: https://discord.gg/H8aanE

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1349 on: December 29, 2018, 05:50:34 pm »

Sup Coleslaw

Also for everyone else I have spawned as the mighty-to-be Léandres Dameth, rightful owner of Sulan-Qu. My dream is to set up to an adventure of war and conquest but right now I'm a glorified villager in metal clothes.

You're invited to help me make my dream come true and reestablish the kingdom of Armok, for glory and death

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 96