Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 130261 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)
« Reply #1395 on: January 03, 2019, 11:53:25 am »

I understand your point and I don't think we disagree that much.

Edit : This debate bores me a bit, sorry if I don't continue it.

As for MF, after I got some good community experience, I think the original verdict stands. Good game, lowgrade community. Time to pull the brakes for me
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 12:25:50 pm by Cathar »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: September 24, 2019, 04:01:57 am »

Repirinted from the other thread:

If anyone wants to have (another) go with Might and Fealty now is probably the best time. Whoever was current king of Ascalon apparently spat the dummy and disbanded the entire realm and deleted all their characters. I don't know any more than that, but big chunks of the map are completely vacant. There's currently lots of space to set up new stuff or you could join nearby realms and carve out your own barony.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: September 26, 2019, 01:18:04 pm »

I've tried to get into this game multiple times, but maybe I can finally wedge myself in if we can collectively get another Bay12 kingdom going, what with all this new free real estate.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #1398 on: September 26, 2019, 08:03:36 pm »

Repirinted from the other thread:

If anyone wants to have (another) go with Might and Fealty now is probably the best time. Whoever was current king of Ascalon apparently spat the dummy and disbanded the entire realm and deleted all their characters. I don't know any more than that, but big chunks of the map are completely vacant. There's currently lots of space to set up new stuff or you could join nearby realms and carve out your own barony.

Which one is the Bay Kingdom?

In creator creation it only says Jamar, Evebavan, and Uppland
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:06:33 pm by Lidku »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: September 26, 2019, 09:40:47 pm »

There's currently no Bay12 kingdom, but if people want to try the game out or come back to it, now is really the time since the ruler of largest kingdom seems to have just bugged out and deleted all his holdings, so there are vast unclaimed chunks of prime real estate. This probably won't happen again for real-life years.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: September 26, 2019, 10:03:45 pm »

Uh, how do I spawn in now?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: September 26, 2019, 10:12:47 pm »

Note that this game is a background game: you're supposed to set up your actions then go do other things. It's not meant to be one you're logged into for hour after hour. Also, many things in the game use "game time". If it says something will take a number of hours then it's just real hours. However a "day" in game's calendar is 6 actual hours, 1 game "week" is 6 days, so actually 36 real hours. So the important thing to know is that when traveling if it says "2.5 days" that's not 2.5 actual days, it's 2.5 * 6 hours travel time, so 15 hours. I'm mentioning this because this threw me when I first played it.

For placement: If you've made your character there's a "place on map" link. if you can't see that, go back to the main character screen, and there should be a link, or click Play for that character.

Once you're in "place on map" you have choices

"place with family" means to start at any town owned by one of your existing characters, which you don't have yet

you can accept a knight's offer and start as a follower of an existing player. This is a good option because you'll have contacts right away who can help you out. Anyone in the same realms as you counts as a contact for messaging.

the last option is to just spawn anywhere on the map. Town owner's are able to lock down towns so nobody can start there (at least, without joining as a vassal / knight), but not all do.

Red towns are owned by someone, blue towns are unowned. If you start on a blue town you can mobilize any remaining troops then to Take Control action to take over the town. The speed of a Take Control action depend on the number of troops you have vs how many in the town, so you want to mobilize all troops before doing the action.

This option gives you some towns the quickest, but you'll need to travel to get in contact with other players. If you go near another town you can message the owner, and they become a permanent contact. Once you've got some towns you can either try and make a kingdom, or negotiate to join a nearby kingdom: which isn't a bad plan at all.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:19:46 pm by Reelya »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: September 26, 2019, 10:18:16 pm »

I can't do anything because I chose to be a knight.. Is the player who made the initial offer needs to be active to confirm my allegiance? Until then will I be stuck in limbo?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: September 26, 2019, 10:20:31 pm »

No that's not right. What happens when you go back to the main page of the game then click the "characters" tab?

It should have the name of your character and some clickable text to the right, what does that say?

EDIT: however I'll let you know that they were having problems with people spamming characters on free accounts and using that to exploit the rules / trolling. They may have put some time-delay on when a new account can spawn in. Possibly.

Additionally, I'll let you know that you can make family trees of dead characters for the characters you actually want to play, or you could select to kill your character and make him the ancestor of your playable characters. This is good to know at the start, since you can spawn children and wives, but you can't retroactively spawn ancestors. So you can write in backstory and a couple of generations of ancestors with written bios, but you have to do this before making your main PCs.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:25:18 pm by Reelya »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 26, 2019, 10:31:38 pm »

Yep I'm completely locked out for now. I've ensured that "Playing as [insert character]" is on the top right of my screen. Whenever I press a new settlement, it only shows "Details", but no way to spawn in.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:07:51 pm by Lidku »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 26, 2019, 10:56:03 pm »

You may be able to click on the knight's offer drop downs however and still look at those. if you click "Accept" for one of those you'll spawn in as a knight of that person and the first thing you should do is send them a message, or reply to any auto-message, while looking around for either "slumbering" or vacant towns. Before choosing a Knight's offer (they also appear as blue circles on the map) you should see what's near it. You want a spot that's near open land. On the map, there are "layers" and if you choose "Sovereign Realms" it will highlight all populated vs unpopulated regions.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:58:59 pm by Reelya »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 26, 2019, 11:29:53 pm »

Alright, how do I defect from Uppland? I only did it to finally spawn in. How can we meet up to form Armok?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 26, 2019, 11:58:00 pm »

We had a Children of Armok empire before, over to the west of where you are.

It's considered extremely bad form to leave your realm straight after joining it. Joining as a knight the splitting on the same day (especially if you run off with the starting troops) is considered a hostile / exploitative action. However I'll point out that the current leader of the Lowlands realm you joined actually got help from the Armok people back when Lowlands was almost destroyed and was down to a handful of settlements. Forming your own kingdom requires resources, so the best thing you can do is start by growing your power, which means gaining a group of towns, and doing this under the banner you've accepted. If you instead renege straight away then go take towns, your current "country mates" would probably come in and try and kill you and get the towns. The best option is that you RP your character as someone who legitimately joined Lowlands, having accepted the payment for joining already. Let them show you the ropes.

Right now I'll mention there's something called "permissions". A town owner can declare who is allowed to enter the town, collect troops, etc. The default is that nobody is allowed in. You'll automatically start inside the town you spawned in, but any town with at least a palisade and 1 troop is not accessible unless they set the permissions for you to be let in. This includes your own other characters not being able to enter your main character's towns unless you set the permissions up. Don't worry for now, just know that you can't go inside most "red" towns.

Blue towns are the best option for now: no lord, no permissions, so you can scoop up all the troops there then claim the town. Later, especially once you have more than one character you'll need to work out how to set permissions. Once you have your first town, then you can spawn additional family members there, set them as vassals to your starting character and send them off gaining towns too. The limit for the free account is 3 towns per character, 4 characters per account. The best time to spawn them is when you're in the town, because they have to be in the same location to swear fealty. With a group of 12 towns you can start farming a pretty strong army and learning the game.

To found a realm, there are a few ways you can do it. First, your liege can split off some of your towns as a named subrealm, so you could make Tor Armok as a county within Lowlands, then consider growing that then going independent later. Or, you take some independent towns over, and you can declare them as a realm outright. But, to do this, you must have at least 1 vassal.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:15:48 am by Reelya »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 27, 2019, 12:32:56 am »

Unless Tom's changed something, you also have to be a paid subscriber to form realms on your own. It's still possible for someone to spin off your realm for you - once you're a ruler, you have full access to ruler actions.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: September 27, 2019, 01:05:20 am »

I forgot about that, it's probably correcy

BTW Tom hasn't directly worked on the game in a *long* time.

There are a group of players who are involved with trying to update it, but I generally disagree with the direction they've taken. Adding more and more half-baked features that don't integrate / synergize with existing features, not improving balance features, basically stonewalling ideas that would attract and keep new players while doubling down on things that benefit an "old guard" / established kingdoms.

This is why active players generally make terrible devs.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 01:16:50 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96