Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 130229 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2015, 08:31:06 pm »

I started playing this today.
I love it.

What's your character(s) name(s)? :) What realm(s) are you in?

I'm Katherine and Azule Fordak, Azule is down south going to Arkhonia, while Katherine is going to Thathubana. I'm a tad busy to check for realm right now.. But I'm pretty sure one of my characters is near you, and I'm thinking of making a third character to go under your vassalage. :3

Heh! Both of those are my estates on different characters! I'm glad you joined :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 08:33:26 pm »

Huh, My knight ended up in a large neutral town. only fifteen hours to take over it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 08:38:28 pm »

....  I find myself unwilling to choose just any fealty offer. 
Mostly cause I'm looking at Ascalon.  I think that is where I want to be... or at least in that vicinity, outside the direct control of the 2 big empires.

The isles look to be the least interesting, because big island empire/kingdom.

Mostly though, I don't know the political situation and status of ongoing fighting that is happening.  In short, I don't want to join a kingdom sitting on its arse for months on end.
Heh, I was just thinking the same thing. Was thinking of trying to get something started in the Isles, since there I had this idea of making a corsair/pirate sort of entity. If they are weak or AFK, then it should be easy to break out and do our own thing. Wanna team up?
I don't see a problem with doing this, but... we would have to start somewhere and gain either troop production/supply or a benefactor before we could even consider breaking out the jolly roger.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2015, 08:40:25 pm »

PTW and return to later.
Holy carp, player-driven means it for once.
This...Even reminds me of DF in the sheer emergent complexity of what you're getting up to.

1)Is magic real?
2)Is magic evil?
3)Can you actually magic?
4)Either way, going to join this once I have the computer access.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 09:18:20 pm »

Huh, My knight ended up in a large neutral town. only fifteen hours to take over it.

Where? Be careful, its de-jure owners may show up very, *very* angry. I just averted a big problem when my steward claimed a town that belongs to our Arrakeshian neighbors, Doarhus. They accused my Doarhian character of espionage and my Arrakeshian of conspiring to steal land, since independent status doesn't mean it doesn't legally belong to a nation or sub-realm.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2015, 09:24:51 pm »

Can someone explain what the grey parts of the map are?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2015, 09:28:52 pm »

PTW and return to later.
Holy carp, player-driven means it for once.
This...Even reminds me of DF in the sheer emergent complexity of what you're getting up to.

1)Is magic real?
2)Is magic evil?
3)Can you actually magic?
4)Either way, going to join this once I have the computer access.

Magic is currently purely-RP. There are many, many features in the process of creation, many of which we've suggested on the forums. There are a few religions and religious orders and such, the major being the Holy Trinity, kind of like the Pope I think. I've just been told, as the founder of the Order of the Black Star, to petition the Trinity and gain their support, that way I'll have the backing of the entire global community.

Magic isn't evil, no. Many players use tiny bits of magick in their RP, and actually our "posts" are said to be communicated by magickal stones of power. Characters are First Ones, near-immortal demigods, and NPCs are Second Ones - mortals.

Ascalon and Arrakesh are your best bets for active, friendly regions with a lot of good RP going on. A lot of the north and central nations are full of inactives, as are the isles. There's a big RP going on that the western islands are being abandoned en-masse due to some big curse. Seems more insanity is coming East from the sea. ;) Both Ascalon and Arrakesh are enclaves of my Black Order and I own multiple estates in both, that I may give unto my vassals as I desire. I have the Black Order's Stronhold in Arrakesh (I have 4 characters there <_<)) and am Grand Historian of Ascalon. Ascalon isn't doing anything in the war department other than occasional patrols near the Void, which we want to limit so we dont lose the Void (two characters in there, too)) but Arrakesh is involved with all kinds of crazy diplomatic things that are going on since Prince Ganthor was murdered and the Sarantian Empire, Tribes of Doarhus, and Principality of Arrakesh joined as the Southern Archonian Alliance... Which Arrakesh has left. :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2015, 09:32:37 pm »

Whoo-ee.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2015, 09:44:36 pm »

UPDATE: So I set up like 3-4 fealty offers in Arkhonia, since I can't set up Black Rose Manor offers 'til Lysandra's back from kicking ass in the Ascalonian tournament. We can RP and teach you folks and then assign you to your new estates, and perhaps realms. :) I have land being offered in multiple realms, I just need bodies to occupy them and run things for me, since I can't be everywhere at once.

Ah, you mean the Wall of Darkness.

Much like Belluaterra, we don't have nearly enough players to ensure proper population distribution, so the western reaches, and soon the western islands, are shut down until we get more players. There are many locations lacking in vassals that really need it, and Tom is supportive of the grand RP's people like me are running to bring attention to the game and keep people entertained, so he's making sure we aren't too spread out, more concentrated, thus sparking more conflict, RP, disputes, trade, etc.

The problem with the Isles is that you cant really trade from that distance. That means they've been totally isolated from the world, which equally means a significant portion of resources, estates, and players have been living in their own little universe, which sucks for the game's entire population.

Simply put, we're pulling a Dwilight/Belluaterra until the game gets a bit more saturated. All the new recent mechanics and additions, and the AMAZING things Tom will soon be releasing according to the forums... Yeah, things are heating up!

TIP! Independent settlements' mortal citizens are afraid of you players, demigodlike First Ones. So you can click "Actions" inside a town's red circle, enter it, and literally "Manage Militia", check the "select all" tickbox, put "mobilize" in the drop-down box of actions, and hit process or

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2015, 10:14:21 pm »

Woops. Rest of the TIP!:

You can pretty much take all of a independent region's troops for yourself.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2015, 10:35:43 pm »

Through the use of GIS, the game uses actual locations and distances instead of abstractions or tiles. Travel times and pathfinding work the same way as your navigation system and can react to a changing game-world where roads get built or bridges destroyed. The areas covered by estates are not arbitrary, but mathematically determined as the area closer to this settlement than to any other (voronoi cells). There is height, humidity, biome and other data for every spot on the map. All spiced up with a bit of fractal noise to make it more life-like.

I'm actually like really interested in GIS right now so seeing it applied in a game is like, way cool! I'll have to check this out.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2015, 05:05:12 am »

Just wanted to share some IC RP regarding the Black Order. :) Yes, these massive posts are the norm for me. I take my RP seriously, as do many of our players! Unfortunately I've since begun to rewrite much of the lore, streamlining the many converging plotlines, adding details, changing names, and so forth. Please forgive any contradiction or confusion you may find, some of these are a few hours old while others are from a month or two ago.

Aaaaand...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2015, 06:17:30 am »

Whoa.  And you did all this yourself?  I'm IMPRESSED.
Sigtext

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2015, 07:11:24 am »

Whoa.  And you did all this yourself?  I'm IMPRESSED.

I used to RP a lot here on the B12 forums. :) I met my two best friends here a few years back, actually! Those posts are only perhaps a day worth of RP'ing. I've had to create a folder on my desktop to save the bajillion text files of RP posts I've been coming up with. To be honest, much of the inspiration comes from things I've already written: a hybrid of my old Fantasy novel attempt I abandoned, and my new scfi novel in-progress. I've been working on my multiple for more-or-less a decade now, so the characters and names and ideas come naturally to me. I'm in no way the only big RP'er in the game, but I seem to be doing pretty well so far.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2015, 08:12:54 am »

So, is a taciturn strategist-xerarch knight-errant likely to fit in anywhere in particular? I've hit the 'pick an employment contract' screen.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 96