Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 129883 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2015, 09:26:15 am »

Damn. Someone else chose to take over the town to. I'm half way done with it but he has some medium soldiers and light compared to my two light soldiers and five rabble. I wonder if that will let him take it over faster. I'm already half way done with it, so I should have control in four or so hours. If I gain control over it while someone else is trying the same thing, what happens?

*Edit* Oh, the time changed. It's now a day later. Damn.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:27:51 am by Xardalas »

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2015, 10:51:32 am »

To give a bit more exposure to the other realms: The Grand Fate, the blue big island, is a really good place for RP. They are a republic, and a lot of the Realms are their protectorate. Hawks, a Duchy of theirs, recently split away from The Grand Fate and became an Empire that encompasses the realm of Elysium- I dare say the most powerful Realm in the game along with the Erstes Imperium.

Other active realms are Rathgar, which recently united from Valinor, Skloddings and Stonedlands. They are your resident northern culture, barbarian, go and plunder- but it's still mostly revving up.

The Archonian Alliance is a new Realm-Empire that has had two succesful campaigns already.

Then you have the Erstes Imperium, which is like the WH40K equivalent of the Empire of Man- zealous and powerful.

Ryne and Ascalon are the large Kingdoms that have no ties to a sovereign Realm. Ryne is somewhat Japanese/Samurai themed, while Ascalon is a hardcore medieval Kingdom, with interesting RP around the clock. Currently Ascalon holds a Tournament, and we are kind of wondering and taking bets at which point someone will die- cause someone always dies at an event. Just one month back, the Queen of Ascalon was assassinated during the Royal Marriage between a Duke of EI, and the Princess of Ascalon.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2015, 11:23:44 am »

So I signed up as Roger Kelly in Arrakesh. I'm vassal to Naldia Stark-Meson, and a part of the Fearian Protectorate. I'm in Iserny right now, waiting for something from my liege.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:25:47 am by werty892 »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2015, 12:15:23 pm »

Hell yes! Take the Arkhonia fealty offer, I put like 5 or 6 of them up with 1-5 troops each. Troop numbers don't matter, I'll just be assigning you more troops as soon as they're needed. :)

So, is a taciturn strategist-xerarch knight-errant likely to fit in anywhere in particular? I've hit the 'pick an employment contract' screen.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2015, 12:18:15 pm »

Hell yes! Take the Arkhonia fealty offer, I put like 5 or 6 of them up with 1-5 troops each. Troop numbers don't matter, I'll just be assigning you more troops as soon as they're needed. :)

Cool, just wanted to check.

Also, I hope you need a peon. I probably can't be active enough to be much more!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2015, 12:54:48 pm »

You're welcome to introduce yourself in the Arrakeshian Threads - Lords Ophion and Athena Wyvernknight just posted a great idea in the "General Discussion" thread - to distribute some light infantry and other troops from the realm to our new vassals, ie you guys, to host some war games. We will fight each other for the sake of training ourselves and our troops, and once our troops gain 30 experience, they will take it upon themselves to upgrade them to cavalry, longbowmen, medium infantry, heavy infantry, and the like. Honestly that's a great idea! I'll gladly throw 1,000 light infantry away for 100 heavy infantry and cavalry, maybe even some horse archers! All troops are fully customizeable, you can literally put any combination of equipment on them. You can give them a primary and secondary weapon, give them a crossbow a shield and a war horse, platemail, a broadsword and a gladius for when they're in close range or lose their primary weapon, one-use ranged javelins to do some damage in the vulnerable first ranged round, and more! ((Messages -> Conversation Overview -> Arrakesh: General Discussion! Come in and introduce yourselves)

So I signed up as Roger Kelly in Arrakesh. I'm vassal to Naldia Stark-Meson, and a part of the Fearian Protectorate. I'm in Iserny right now, waiting for something from my liege.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2015, 01:05:36 pm »

Please do! I cannot speak for realms I have no characters in, and would greatly appreciate increased exposure toward the many diverse cultures in-game. :) As a free player can do ANYTHING a premium player can, beside have up to 50 characters. The basic limit is 4 characters, I think. Which is more than enough to ensure a hell of a lot of fun going on, so long as you pick the right realms, and more importantly at times, the right location WITHIN those realms.

(If you're absolutely insane and have 24 hours a day 7 days a week to play, though half of those will just be stewards, placeholders, or on loan for special RP's, really.))

To give a bit more exposure to the other realms: The Grand Fate, the blue big island, is a really good place for RP. They are a republic, and a lot of the Realms are their protectorate. Hawks, a Duchy of theirs, recently split away from The Grand Fate and became an Empire that encompasses the realm of Elysium- I dare say the most powerful Realm in the game along with the Erstes Imperium.

Other active realms are Rathgar, which recently united from Valinor, Skloddings and Stonedlands. They are your resident northern culture, barbarian, go and plunder- but it's still mostly revving up.

The Archonian Alliance is a new Realm-Empire that has had two succesful campaigns already.

Then you have the Erstes Imperium, which is like the WH40K equivalent of the Empire of Man- zealous and powerful.

Ryne and Ascalon are the large Kingdoms that have no ties to a sovereign Realm. Ryne is somewhat Japanese/Samurai themed, while Ascalon is a hardcore medieval Kingdom, with interesting RP around the clock. Currently Ascalon holds a Tournament, and we are kind of wondering and taking bets at which point someone will die- cause someone always dies at an event. Just one month back, the Queen of Ascalon was assassinated during the Royal Marriage between a Duke of EI, and the Princess of Ascalon.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2015, 01:14:32 pm »

AFAIK you have or had characters in EI and Ascalon I believe. See no mention of either, though I mostly skimmed the thread.

I also forgot to mention the principality of Doarhus, though I think they joined the Archonian Alliance. But their Prince, Ratharing, is a really cool guy.

There is also Beal's Song, east of Ascalon, and I don't want to jump the gun, but I think it doesn't have many players. West of Ascalon on the islands is the Grand County of Renais, which is... really tiny, but ambitious. Really, there are hundreds of opportunities to find in the game, but most won't reveal themselves until you talk to people on the IRC. This is not because they are by invite only, but because people got burned on Knight Offers quite a few times. Trolls very often take good offers, and disband the troops, attack their liege, or just cause havoc.

Sometimes, the players disgruntled from these things stop making Knight Offers, but when asked if they want Knights, will almost always make an offer immediately available.

http://chat.mightandfealtyfans.org/

That is the link to the IRC if you are interest. You will find most of the nation rulers there as well. Veseryan of Archonian Alliance, Aelwyn of EI, De-Legro of Hawks, Calinus of GF, Roran of Ascalon and a bunch of others. (Except the northern realms AFAIK)

The IRC is a very good resource.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2015, 01:15:30 pm »

Not a problem! All players are appreciated, whether they're on nonstop or just log in every day or two. I alternate between the two on a regular basis, depending on my hectic schedule, so that's no issue. :)

Cool, just wanted to check.

Also, I hope you need a peon. I probably can't be active enough to be much more!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2015, 01:17:39 pm »

I mentioned EI (Eldamar in particular) and Ascalon within the thread. :) I love Weaver, I've had amazing discussions with him in private. We think alike, have had vaguely similar crazy lives on opposite continents, and see eye to eye on quite a few things.

Actually, he RP's how I RP - dark, intimidating, and grandiose. Though since I'm not doing my typical post-apocalyptic grand-scale psychological thriller scifi, I've had to adapt for M&F. I think? Its difficult to efficiently self-analyze due to inherent bias.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2015, 01:23:21 pm »

I mentioned Doarhus somewhere as well, didn't I? Sorry, I hadn't slept in a day or two. I'm set to acquire a tract of regions in Pelegon, in the Archonian Alliance, to create an Order chapter there. Doarhus is awesome, I love the Romanesque tribal culture, like pre-Imperial Rome.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2015, 01:35:17 pm »

Well, exposure doesn't really help when there are no knight offers to begin with.  But then they may have already put some up and they've been snatched.
Grand Fate, EI and Archonian had some earlier.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2015, 01:36:16 pm »

Hmm, I just want to check - did my message to you go through? The interface isn't particularly intuitive, and I don't particularly want to send six messages to you while trying to work out how the display works. :P

Also, edit button is your friend.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SaintofWar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2015, 01:46:01 pm »

Yeah, I went back and read the thread more carefully.

There's a bit of misinformation- but I can see how that mistake can be made. The Islands are not being evacuated en masse. This is an IC thing, so I am just gonna leave it at that. But people need not fear being alone on the islands, or joining the Isles only to be evacuating.

As for Knight Offers, I believe the offer in Archonian Alliance and the North were taken, they were all giving generous amounts of troops (Though still small). An average Knight will lead 100 to 150 troops. Offering 5 or 35 in exchange for fealty really does not make a difference.

EI had 4 offers I believe, which are not around anymore, and all the Dukes are at the Naming Ceremony. When I checked the Inn, that was in Gahlen and Weaver just manually extracted the taxes so he probably pulled the soldiers.

Usually people will cancel offers when they are not around, and are incapable of dealing with trolls.

Ascalon is having a huge tournament right now, and if you run into Roran on the IRC it would be trivial to ask him to set up a Knight Offer for you. I actually think Ascalon has a Duchy to give away. So does EI. I think Rathgar would also have Duchies for people but they are difficult to get ahold of other than in-game.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2015, 01:53:58 pm »

Hmmm... should I reintroduce myself into the game or not, decisions, decisions...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 96