Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 130236 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2015, 11:37:20 am »

Yeah I kinda purposely don't give out so many soldiers to discourage that type. It's there to encourage people who like the concept :p
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2015, 12:55:28 pm »

:)

So if you guys need troops, drop your rabble in Ethos or Mountainhome. They're both training at max capacity but every little while a bunch of light infantry are popping out. I forget which, but one and soon the other is now producing bowmen, and Mountainhome is slowly equipping folks with medium armor.

If any of you guys have some food or goods to spare, Mountainhome could really use it to grow even further. Once I get the pop sufficiently high, we will produce enough gear to outfit the entire nation with medium infantry.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2015, 01:27:56 pm »

Steelhold is slowly growing in military utility as well. Bowyer will soon be up, and then I'll start a leather tanner. Blacksmith would be useful, but it'll take forever with no metal, so I'm postponing in favour of quicker returns.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2015, 04:23:49 pm »

I found a few settlements abandoned after a character stopped playing so I can train leather armored spearmen or crossbowmen. I'm a bit too far east to help you guys out much though.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2015, 07:48:50 pm »

If any of you guys have some food or goods to spare, Mountainhome could really use it to grow even further. Once I get the pop sufficiently high, we will produce enough gear to outfit the entire nation with medium infantry.

Whoops, just canceled the food delivery to Mountainhome. I'll set it back up again.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 04, 2015, 02:19:02 am »

Steelhold is slowly growing in military utility as well. Bowyer will soon be up, and then I'll start a leather tanner. Blacksmith would be useful, but it'll take forever with no metal, so I'm postponing in favour of quicker returns.

However, don't you need a blacksmith to produce axes and spears to allow training infantry?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 04, 2015, 03:10:43 am »

Yes, but getting training before equipment production is useless, as you'll have nothing to retrain WITH. :) Better to build up stocks firsthand.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2015, 05:39:08 am »

However, don't you need a blacksmith to produce axes and spears to allow training infantry?

I do, but medium archers aren't totally useless.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 05, 2015, 04:17:20 am »

Precisely. Very useful, actually. medium bowmen are killers, especially at this stage.

I'm just starting off shorbows and crossbows in Mountainhome and Ethos. Not sure which will have the full bow capacity, got to see which one's capable. One of them might be able to do cavalry, I think it was Ethos? Or might be Ilmede down in Midgard... Not sure. I'm half-asleep.

Anyone else want a duchy, county, or barony in the Children's territory? Anyone have an RP they want to run? Want a specialized title or job?

I need a diplomat, a general, and some proper council to help me rule and make decisions. Urist shouldn't be deciding everything on his own. Control is nice and all but its not as fun as different opinions.

If you want a position or job, or have an idea, just speak up to Urist either IC or OOC or both and we'll work on it together. :)

I just killed off one of my alts in a comedic way, as you all saw. Khets'aein dragging his corpse all the way to Mountainhome was a fun RP to read, heheh.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 05, 2015, 06:44:30 am »

Fell mood, huh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 05, 2015, 09:40:47 am »

Fell mood indeed!

So, let me share my last OOC thread post. The Children desperately needs people to fill roles!

by Yxevarii Tarzath Varakhul Vendaran on 8-1-6 (December 5, 2015 15:24)
Please welcome Thimios Papas, a fellow Bay12er newbie to BM! :) If you have any questions, or would like to add something to the children, don't hesitate to speak up! I'm currently creating baronies, counties, and duchies for our people to better customize their own territories! A duchy is typically formed of two or more counties, which form two or more baronies. I usually make baronies from 1-3 regions, counties 4-8, and duchies 8+, where both its named and borders are based on geographical location or concept, translated to Dwarven beside its English name. If anyone can go on DF and roll our current barony/county/duchy names as a fortress name to see what it comes out to in Dwarven, that would be great. My laptop is failing and cant even support DF anymore. :(

Also,

---ATTENTION---

The Children of Armok are currently looking for volunteers to fill and create various titles. We need a diplomat or two so we can get some alliances and such going, preferably 2-3 generals to lead our regional armies, a properly-dedicated scout or three to locate targets, enemy troops, and scout out future claims, an executioner to slay our prisoners, a judge to sentence criminals and administer dwarven !!JUSTICE!!, a historian, a dedicated troop trainer or two to take advantage of the increased training speed trait, a trade master / master merchant so we can start properly organizing realm-wide trade and get our estates organized, a shipmaster to manage our docks, and whatever else you guys think of might be useful, or just plain fun!

Oh, I'd also like a Hammerer! When people fuck up, you get 1 rabble and go beat them up on the King's command. :P If they retreat, you do it again. If they fight you, sentence over. If they're wounded, oh well. If they die - well, that's a less than 1% chance, but still happens occasionally - they get to write up a death log and everyone will see, forevermore, that they died by getting hammered. Hahahaha. JUSTICE IS SERVED!

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 05, 2015, 09:42:37 am »

Quote from: Sabkha Al-Ghar's fell mood
by Sabkha Al-Ghar on 8-1-2 (December 4, 2015 14:15)
Gray-faced, Sabkha Al-Ghar falters in his step - collapsing in a heap of beard and filth from atop his meager steed.

"I-I don't understand. Please, Armok, look upon me and grant me mercy! What dire ailment corrupts me? Have I been cursed?"

At that moment, Sabkha's gaze wanders skyward - toward swiftly darkening clouds whose whispy tendrils roil and shiver like facial hair in a gusting gale. Two points of clear sky are all that can be seen - one through which shines the moon, the other nothing but dark, empty sky. It is as if Armok looks down upon him, a smile or grimace hidden beneath his unknowable beard.

"Oh, if only you were bare-faced, oh God of Blood! Then I would truly know whether your favor is upon me, or your most dire insult! Mercy, oh Blood-Lord! Mercy for the devout! I have never strain from your path! Well, except that one ti- argh, no matter! I have always honored thy dynasty, and served your Children well! I swear upon my soul, my body, my beard, that if I lie I might be struck dead and beardless upon this very d-"

And with that, a deep rumble echoes across the shadowy firmament - a single bolt of crimson lightning striking Sabkha with the power of a vengeful god! He fell dead upon the very spot, three foolish peasant rabble and his emaciated steed dead beside him.

Quote from: Khets'aein Abheroth, our crazy shaman's reply
by Khets'aeïn Äbheroth on 8-1-2 (December 4, 2015 14:58)
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Stupid fool!"

Khets'aein laughs wickedly as she ties Sabkha's corpse to the saddle of her horse, to be dragged all the way back to Mountainhome for a proper burial ceremony. Granted, not much would be left by way of physical beauty once the journey and its merciless dragging comes to and end - but its not as if Sabkha were a handsome man to begin with.

"You dared challenge Armok! HA! HAHAHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHA! How delightful... You prudish fool, so confident that he would ignore your deception. You swore... You swore. You swore! You swooooore! HAHAHAHAHA! You SWORE!"

Days later, Khets'aein arrives at the gates of Mountainhome to be greeted by a somber Ragnar Ironbeard.

"He was a good man, lass... Cover 'im up, will ye'? He doesn't deserve to be buried with half his bloody face missing. He is a Child of Armok, after all."

Khets'aein grimaces, then grins, then laughs madly as she often does, all the while wrapping Sabkha's rotting, disfigured corpse in a bundle of cloth, if only to keep the birds from pecking at what remains of his maggoty flesh.

"Yes, yes, yessss... Astute follower of Armok's will, and all that. He's still an imbecile! Only a fool dares imply Armok could stand beardless! Only an idiot offers his body and soul and beard to Armok based on a half-truth! Even I am not mad enough to attempt such lunacy! HAHAHAHAHA!"

Khets'aein gives the corpse a good kick before mounting her steed and riding through the gates, hellbent on reaching the mortuary before dawn has chance to arise.

"You'll be buried with whatever dignity you had left after defying the very God who created you... May your putrid carcass feed the ants and worms until naught remains but marrowless bone and dust! HAHAHA!"

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 08, 2015, 09:09:57 am »

I have a couple random game mechanic questions. Sorry if it's been answered before but I haven't read through the whole thread.

Is it legal to have alts work together? If so, many real people are in Armok?

Roughly how many rabble is a cloth + axe or cloth + spear soldier worth? And how much better is leather than cloth?

So far I've set up my village with a tailor, training field, and blacksmith, but it will take several real-time days to get a few dozen men trained. I would raise rabble and send them elsewhere to retrain but apparently our training centers are swamped.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:49:16 pm by Wooty »
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 08, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »

I think its like 5 rabble to 1 LI, 5 to 1 MI, 5 to 1 HI, or so. It ranges from 5-10, depending on gear.

Also, TARTARUS IS INVADING! We need troops and bodies, folks! And yes, its legal for alts to work together. Common, too, though I try to spread them out to different countries, even if we're in the same general area.

Enemies are in Hasalos and Lichrairis, or whatever its called. We're amassing to fight them off, and the dishonorable bastards are trying to order our guys to join them or be killed.

Its gonna be a rough battle :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #494 on: December 08, 2015, 05:08:25 pm »

Is it legal to have alts work together?
Its practically encouraged.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 96