Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 129886 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #495 on: December 09, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »

Hey, anyone want estates? I have over 12% corruption now. I need to get rid of a lot of estates in the northwest. Join Black Order of the Western Reach (Arrakesh), Clan Tarzath (Polaris), Midguard especially (Ascalon), and Children of Armok. Let me know you're from B12 and ask for an estate, and I'll give ya 2-3. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #496 on: December 11, 2015, 06:41:33 am »

I'm baaack. And Steelhold is cranking out archers.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 11, 2015, 02:46:23 pm »

Good, because I'rkul O'seod was captured by Stanton Rispenxa and we were RAPED in two subsequent battles. All forces are retreating to Siwewell, just south of Mestthos Imketh (formerly Ethos) to await our incoming reinforcements from Ascalon, Arrakesh, and Tor Graves.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #498 on: December 11, 2015, 03:34:30 pm »

Once I make it back home I'll grab what I can and come over to assist.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 11, 2015, 07:10:30 pm »

Many thanks. :) Head to Siwewell and join the rallying forces. Marker is on-map.

And joy!

Posted by: Tom

"what is irritating is the fact that new players don't know about that limitation, so when they find it out, that can come after say month or week or whatever period of playing, they feel depressed. limitation should be stated at the very beginning, i believe, but that' in fact purely marketing strategy."

Tom's response: I agree about transparency. It's now on the payments page, but I've also just added it to the take control screen itself, that will go live with the next update.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 11, 2015, 09:53:55 pm »

I might be looking to dip my toes back in this...with just one character...any open estates for me to scoop up?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 11, 2015, 11:51:25 pm »

I'll set one up in Mestthos Imketh immediately, under Blood Empress Cognizine Tarzath, First Daughter of Armok. :) You'll spawn RIGHT where the invasion is happening. ;) Have fun!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 12, 2015, 12:55:38 am »

Lol thanks I suppose...guess it won't be boring

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #503 on: December 12, 2015, 08:39:19 am »

I usually make baronies from 1-3 regions, counties 4-8, and duchies 8+

With this in mind, requesting an upgrade for Lokumokab. It's at 9 estates currently, and hopefully Muz's Artum will rejoin us at some point, which will bring it up to 11 or 12.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 12, 2015, 04:41:24 pm »

My character Boflar Thranadak has established some settlements south of the Ruthöshäkil. It's a scrubby area that struggles for growth. While my eventual aspirations involve claiming territory closer to the Armokian core, I would like to join my fellow dwarves as a member of the realm as soon as possible.

Might and Fealty is a game that seems annoying at first (the biggest turn-off for me was seeing how a few players might have characters in several major, sometimes competing realms) but I find myself logging in to see if anything "happened" a few times a day, the game design seems intelligent (something like allowing multiple characters seems to be an acknowledgment that if you restrict the number of characters then people will cheat to get around it, and thus you diffuse the impact of cheating by explicitly allowing it, which is a direction I think more online games need to go), the playerbase seems unusually intelligent, and things like botting (which ruin somewhat similar games like Travian) don't seem to have any place here.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 12, 2015, 11:37:03 pm »

How do you raise rabble with improvised weapons? The training screen says I need to select a weapon but no weapons are available.
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 13, 2015, 02:22:12 am »

You can't actually "hire" rabble. Just get a tailor for armor and whatever that place is called that makes axes, and you're good to go for hiring light infantry. :)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 13, 2015, 02:24:04 am »

My character Boflar Thranadak has established some settlements south of the Ruthöshäkil. It's a scrubby area that struggles for growth. While my eventual aspirations involve claiming territory closer to the Armokian core, I would like to join my fellow dwarves as a member of the realm as soon as possible.

Aye, the player base is incredibly intelligent. And the good thing is, most players are pretty good at keeping their characters separate. Hell, many people fight their own relatives in various feuds. ;)

If you don't mind heading over to the mainland west of the lake, where the war is going on, you can swear fealty to one of our people and I'll found you a nice county of your own from which to rule. :)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 14, 2015, 01:10:29 am »

I've decided I'm out of this game.

It's just too horribly tedious to do anything. I actually like slow games. But M&F requires like 2 paragraphs of text, several clicks, and logging on a certain period of time just to do something basic.

It's designed as a casual RP game, but the UX is far too annoying. If I want to build a road, I just want a 'build road' button. I don't want to decide whether I should build a sign post or watch tower, how many to allocate, whether I'm starving the estate by building the road, whether AI should be allocating resources to something other than building roads.

I don't even mind the complexity. It's just too tiring for a slow, casual game.

If anyone wants my estates let me know.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #509 on: December 14, 2015, 01:59:08 am »

Yeah, I can understand that.

I'd like to call dibs on your stuff, seeing as you were planning on rejoining the Lokumokab. Not sure how I'm going to get my grubby little paws on it, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 96