Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 96

Author Topic: Might and Fealty (Beyond Battlemaster: Sandbox Strategy-RPG Medieval RP)  (Read 130265 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Might and Fealty (Incredible new Sandbox strategy-RPG medieval RP game)
« Reply #525 on: December 23, 2015, 01:37:06 pm »

I have created a character but I have no idea where I should spawn.

Also, much like Mount & Blade, I will probably feel terrible plundering villages.  Which sucks, because I apparently got a bonus plundering trait.  Ripip.

I can offer you two options. One is as the Bloodheir of the Roarin Blood, which could be pretty powerful but comes with a bunch of RP baggage you might not want. That's already posted in Ykaemen.

The other is as a lord in the Spearbreakers/Lokumokab, which I haven't posted yet but I can do so soonish, and you'll get as many estates as you can take if you're willing to do a bit of running around.

Also, looting is used for tax collection, so it's not a bust.

E: Crikey, didn't realise I was going to need to fight my way into this settlement. Unless Forsaken or maybe Aerotonus can set up an offer, I might not be able to offer you the Spearbreakers position immediately. It's a pretty good one though (probably better than the other), so I'm entirely willing to hold it open for another character of yours.

So I signed up as the MacGroove family recently (two or so months ago) and let me give you some advice. Basically, do your schtick and pull risks, raid your neighbors, loot their temples, plunder their wives and force yourself upon their homes (wait, this doesn't seem right). In other words, have fun and don't be afraid to lose shit. It happens, and there is plenty of shit around, so you can replace yours easily. However, the most fun I have is picking isolated villages and kidnapping thralls from there to my villages. This way two settlements with 200/300 citizens became 750/800 powerful villages in no time at all. Good shit.

That's... one way of playing. If you don't mind any major realm you're in or near branding you and your family a robber. I've successfully pulled a character from five low-end medium infantry and one pathetic estate to the same pathetic estate, almost forty high-end medium infantry, and a bunch of archers and low-middle cavalry in training. Without picking fights, or probably (hopefully) even being noticed. That's not counting Peran, since the West opening up is a total once-off.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 01:49:16 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 23, 2015, 01:50:00 pm »

As of now, I haven't yet been marked a looter and a raider, though even if I was, I wouldn't mind. It's establishing character.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #527 on: December 23, 2015, 01:52:18 pm »

As of now, I haven't yet been marked a looter and a raider, though even if I was, I wouldn't mind. It's establishing character.

Idle curiosity, where are you? Most of the realms I've played in or spun through are pretty quick on the uptake with things like that.

Oh, and since the edit might be missed:

Crikey, didn't realise I was going to need to fight my way into this settlement. Unless Forsaken or maybe Aerotonus can set up an offer, I might not be able to offer you [Farce] the Spearbreakers position immediately. It's a pretty good one though (probably better than the other), so I'm entirely willing to hold it open for another character of yours.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 23, 2015, 01:53:54 pm »

I am not sure I want any like actual positions, especially considering that I have a pretty weak track record of actually paying attention to these sorts of game.

Oh hey!  I can filter the map to make it show Armok territory.  I'll just do that instead, I guess.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #529 on: December 23, 2015, 01:58:16 pm »

Eh, the one I have in mind I'd just want you to look at your messages every couple of days. Much of the time, speed isn't of the essence, and when it is there are usually other options. And if you decide you hate the game, I can find a replacement without too much difficulty. :P

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 23, 2015, 02:01:03 pm »

The raider character is in Eldamar, his name is Richard Devonson MacGroove. Near the Erstes Imperium, currently involved in a civil war.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #531 on: December 23, 2015, 02:18:58 pm »

Ah, yes, that makes sense. If you're raiding the Imperium, then yeah.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 24, 2015, 10:53:18 pm »

So uh, I guess I spawned in some teensy village called Hasalos?  Not a lot is happening, please advise.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #533 on: December 24, 2015, 10:56:19 pm »

So uh, I guess I spawned in some teensy village called Hasalos?  Not a lot is happening, please advise.
Hasalos was pretty much wrecked by the war I believe. Even the streets were destroyed. I bet someone in the bay12 nation will have some land for you though. Didn't someone recently want to give away some settlements?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 24, 2015, 11:07:33 pm »

Building some shitty village back into a moderately non-shitty village sounds like a cool time.  Isn't that how it works in Mount &
Blade?  You sign on with some king, and he gives you the worst fief he has?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #535 on: December 25, 2015, 12:24:53 am »

Hasalos was pretty much wrecked by the war I believe. Even the streets were destroyed. I bet someone in the bay12 nation will have some land for you though. Didn't someone recently want to give away some settlements?

* Arx waves.

Muz stopped playing about a week ago, so there are three estates available if you want them. Let me know, and I'll make arrangements and ship some soldiers around.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 25, 2015, 02:16:31 am »

Haselos seems like a nice enough place, to me.

Basically I have no idea what I am doing or what is going on, and also I guess I'm technically not part of ye olde Children of Armok yet, so.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 25, 2015, 03:25:52 am »

We have like 20 estates to give away. :P With the war over, I'm burning off my alt's estates and giving most of them away to see the realm more active.

Apologies for the absence, I just drove across the United states to see family for the holidays, didnt have internet til now :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 25, 2015, 04:17:03 am »

Well, I mean.  If you have a province next to Haselo...

I dunno, it just seems like a nice place.  I mean, apart from being a smoking, population-depleted near-ruin so mucked up even the roads are gone.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #539 on: December 25, 2015, 07:19:50 am »

Haselos seems like a nice enough place, to me.

Basically I have no idea what I am doing or what is going on, and also I guess I'm technically not part of ye olde Children of Armok yet, so.
What you'll need to do is find a lord and swear fealty to them from the politics tab, then travel with them to a province and they can hand over control.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 96