Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombie World/ All civs killed off in world gen less then 200 centuries  (Read 1284 times)

Tick Tacker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Well I created a pocket sized world to have a small map to run around in..
And its completely empty. The only option in adventure mode is human outsider and the only neighbor shown in embark mode is a tower. Wanting to see what this was about i created a explorer to look around a bit. He was immediately killed by twenty goblin corpses and i sent a new adventurer better at dodging into the world to scout out a nearby hamlet icon on the map. Looking at the area discription it says there are some abandoned houses but also a occupied one as well as a store. Happy I found some friends/future victims I enter the village without a second thought. My third thought however consists of "why are there goblin corpes leaving those houses?" . The fourth one was a copper dagger stabbing me in the face.

Utterly confused I check the legends screen to see what the hell is going on in this world and i find a history filled with a spelunking goblin, a mountain of dwarf corpses, a tower full of necromancers who freaking love writing about that damned tower, and a civilization that got its ass kicked for a century, destroyed without mercy, ruled by the goblins that conquerd it, and then invaded again BY THE SAME COUNTRY THAT WAS CURRENTLY RULING it. Considering the history of that civ they probably did not like the size of their murder pile. Ill post more details soon cus i need some more time to read up on this. First time i ever read the legends mode too
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 11:32:04 pm by Tick Tacker »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie World/ All civs killed off in world gen less then 200 centuries
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 11:08:57 am »

10/10 dwarf fortress
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 11:30:06 am »

11/10 much zombie.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 01:52:13 pm »

2/10 needs more skellingtons

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 05:24:31 pm »

Do you really mean 200 centuries?

This reminds me of a pocket-world I generated, where the goblins conquered the world within two millennia (quite possibly one, my memory is a bit fuzzy.)

Needless to say, at 3000 years in, it was not a happy place. Hordes of goblins roamed the land, and the last vestige of Dwarven civilization was holed up in a cave called "the Painful Hell."
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 03:38:17 pm »

Save pls.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Devast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 01:58:47 am »

Do you really mean 200 centuries?

This reminds me of a pocket-world I generated, where the goblins conquered the world within two millennia (quite possibly one, my memory is a bit fuzzy.)

Needless to say, at 3000 years in, it was not a happy place. Hordes of goblins roamed the land, and the last vestige of Dwarven civilization was holed up in a cave called "the Painful Hell."

Those saves will be excellent when we get to move armies around.
Horrible if genetic bottlenecking gets added.