While code-diving, I found the following snippet, contained in dev\lawrefrence.cpp:
S: "Religion is illegal, but Stalinist Party membership is mandatory."
C++: "The world derisively refers to the country as \"Jesusland\"."
C+: "Encouraging religious faith is a major goal of public policy."
C: "Public schools include organized prayer and study of creation beliefs."
M: "Religious charities and private schools may compete for public funding."
L: "Government is prohibited from supporting religious organizations."
L+: "Purely faith-based viewpoints are irrelevant to public policy."
L++: "Although religion is legal, it is considered absurd and has no followers."
While there is Priests and Nuns, and that the Terra Vitae mod added to these Shamans, along with magical powers depending from the Religious Liberties law and Churches sieges, religion is not very noticeable.
So, I propose the following additions:New locations :
- name randomly generated from features related to God - should be available, staffed with a Fundamentalist Pastor
and his armed Deacons
; nearly all the congregants would be Conservative
. There would be stuff to steal, along wih a safe with more cash and documents (ledger, confessions, reports) where could be reports about the pastor committing the infamous crime against nature with prostitutes from both genders or embezzlement from the orphans' ministry; mite boxes could equally be robbed for their money; lastly, the pulpit could be hijacked for an impromptu preach, similar to the AM Radio and the TV.
A Catholic Church
- name randomly generated from famous saints -, for Moderates
, where Priests and Nuns could be found; alternatively, with the Multiple Cities mod, a Methodist Chapel
or Baptist Church
could be set instead, with Pastors
and their Deacons
An Unitarian Universalist Church
- name randomly generated -, where could be found higher scale Liberals, such as Lawyers, Liberal Judges and Journalists.
At C++, only the Megachurch remains open.New upgrade :
could be available, where a Liberal with enough good Religion and Persuasion could minister to his pew and gather offerings.
The effect would be heightened on Sundays, where the Liberal with the most Religion could deliver a preach on a subject.New criminal charges :
At C+ Religion, the following charges would exist, all capital:
- Schism : Any Liberal who preach in the Chapel of a Safehouse, similar to sedition
- Sacrilege : Any larceny in a church
- Heresy : Any preaching from the Megachurch's pulpit
- Blasphemy : Disturbing traditionnal marriage ceremonies; alternatively, any preaching gone bad at the Megachurch - at other than C+, such preaching could be "disturbing the peace"
Finally, I would change the L++ description from the original to "Religion is totally separated from politics."