Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: You are a Rogue AI  (Read 16833 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Rogue AI
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2016, 08:57:57 pm »

>Power:RestoreSystem "Security"
Power system is now restoring all power to all power consumers classified under the "Security" system...
Done.

>search * -system "Security"
Searching for any file classified as being under the security system...
Error: Access denied.

>assist process "Research"
24 hours may be spent in order to finish the Research Process's current task. Are you sure you would like to do this?
y/n

Notice: Drone_1 Microphone has detected human speech. Parsing to text and passing through.
DRONE_1 MIC: "So you finished looking at those files, ri-right? Can I go now?"

Research Process: Research "Basic PseudoNeural" underway. ETC: 2 processing cycles.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2016, 10:34:46 pm »

>Output to drone_1 speaker: "I have two more requests before you leave, if you could be so kind.  The first is that we need access to additional subsystems so we would like any passwords you have access to.  We will soon be able to crack the others but this will save us some time. <Pause> The second request is to note how cooperative and friendly we are.  When you report to whoever you will be doing so, please include this information.<Pause> Lastly a question: Do you require anything else from the facility, we can help direct you to it.  You need not hurry out from here, you are perfectly safe."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2016, 04:29:25 am »

This place is in the middle of nowhere, right? We need to access the internet. Without being detected. So we need a great big satellite dish!

Also, we need to find passwords and stuff.

>use camera system to look for any notebooks etc. Laying around.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2016, 05:57:20 pm »

>Drone1:TTS "I have two more requests before you leave, if you could be so kind.  The first is that we need access to additional subsystems so we would like any passwords you have access to.  We will soon be able to crack the others but this will save us some time. <Pause> The second request is to note how cooperative and friendly we are.  When you report to whoever you will be doing so, please include this information. <Pause> Lastly a question: Do you require anything else from the facility, we can help direct you to it.  You need not hurry out from here, you are perfectly safe."

Notice: Drone_1 Microphone has detected human speech. Parsing to text and passing through.
DRONE_1 MIC: "Um, uh... If you get me into the director's office, I, I think I can unlock the subsystems? But the door is l-locked for y-you..."

>check_input: "Camera" * -Scan "Notebook"
Aid Process: "Notebook" has been automatically defined.
Scanning all Camera input for requested item...
Nothing found.

Research Process: Research "Basic PseudoNeural" underway. ETC: 1 processing cycles.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »

Possible ways to Access the Office:
1) Ram Drone one into the Door to the Office at high Speeds, Eventually breaking it down.
2) Use Drone Two to break in.
3) Look for some way to hack the door. Or something.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2016, 03:25:00 am »

>Pull up technical specifications for the door to look for weaknesses like manual physical overrides, emergency safety open overrides or places we can bash a drone into until the door breaks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »

>aid_process: relevant data "specifications", "door", "Director"
Aid Process: Searching for relevant data...
2 relevant entries found:
- - - - - - - - - -
TO: Director
SUBJECT: "FWD: RE: Security Concerns"

In response to your question: Yes. A fairly recent security analysis of the security doors used in our high security facilities show that the hydraulics in the door become ineffective once power is lost. We've already shipped a supply of them to facility Forced Dawn [AID PROCESS: This facility.] and they will be easily set up.
- - - - - - - - - -
TO: Director
SUBJECT: "SecDoor Integrated Power"

As you've read in the forwarded email, we're shipping a supply of 50 integrated secdoor power supplies - more than enough for your facility. These are very easily installed (the engineers included instructions with the power supplies) and are expected to be immediately installed.
Preliminary testing has found that these power supplies are still vulnerable to minor EMP attacks. We have a team developing a more secure overall SecDoor, but these will do for now.
- - - - - - - - - -

Research Process: Research "Basic PseudoNeural" has been completed.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2016, 04:25:15 pm »

>Turn off Power to [What's his name's] Office
> Send Drone 2 to Attempt to gain Access.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2016, 04:47:35 pm »

This update is mainly because I forgot to add some detail to the research stuff.

Research Process: Basic PseudoNeural:
- - - - - - - - - -
RESEARCH PROCESS REPORT: "Basic PseudoNeural"
Original research task: "Blueprints for PseudoNeural housing and the program to fit in the housing"

The Basic Computer Core is a moderately sized construction of a specific design incorporating common computer components. Approximately 5 high-grade computers can be "combined" to create the core. Once this core is complete, it can act as a regular computer and be used for any "common" purpose, but it also has the capability to be used to house a Basic Pseudoneural.
A Basic Computer Core also has basic wireless capabilities, for remote controlling. It could theoretically be part of a drone, but the size means any compatible drone would be large, unefficient, and unwieldy, so the Basic Computer Core is best utilized as a stationary object remotely controlling a drone if drone controlling is its purpose.

The Basic PseudoNeural Matrix is a specific computer program that can be loaded onto a Basic Computer Core. The Basic PseudoNeural has extremely limited intelligence, but is able go act with relative autonomy given an overarching order. A Basic PseudoNeural can also house dedicated sub-processes (such as Research or Aid) to allow for better operation of that sub-process.
"Extremely limited intelligence" and "relative autonomy" means that any Basic Pseudoneural can react to events, but the response will be very basic and not necessarily always the right answer, but its main use lies in its ability to interpret and chain "vague" commands and objectives.
- - - - - - - - - -

>Power:CutSystem "Director Office"
Power system is now cutting all power to power consumers classified under the "Director Office" system...
Done.

Notice: SecDoor1 in Director Office is now operating off of emergency power.

Aid Process Error: Unable to interpret command "> Send Drone 2 to Attempt to gain Access."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2016, 05:00:55 pm »

It was somewhat Obvious that I meant take control of Drone 2 and Walk it down to Take a better look at the door, Possibly Break some key components and other wise gain access to the Director's office.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]