Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spreading vampirism without modding  (Read 2828 times)

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Spreading vampirism without modding
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 08:43:38 pm »

Then what do Adventure mode taverns do then? Toady seems to have spent quite a bit of time getting them done. Are they just buildings that the occasional peach-faced lovebird mercenary walks through without interacting?

Since Toady has certainly mentioned npc bar fighting in adventure mode, I imagine interactions extend to actually drinkng and showing off the new booze effects even if they're not actually paying for their drinks yet.

Pretty much they are there so that when adventurers need a place to stay the adventurer can stay at them and talk with the other people there.  In order to have Adventure Mode NPCs actually consume alchohol (or have needs at all) then pretty much the basics of the world economy with specific items being made and consumed in particular amounts by individuals would have to be implemented. 

Perhaps a scripted drinking mechanic could be added in that just creates site appropriate drinks so Adventure Mode NPCs can drink them at certain intervals and get the effects but that is about it.  Judging from the dev feedback from Toady One I figure that the lack of world economic information is a major thorn in the side of the whole tavern arc.

You are very wrong.
In the next version NPCS DO drink in adventure mode, toady said so.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:46:57 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 08:44:21 pm »

So basically, according to today's FoF reply from Toady, all intelligent npcs will do everything (drink, dance, sing, fight, etc) in adventure mode taverns. But, as there's no economy, stockpiles of booze will just regenerate right now and off-screen tavern visitors won't actually drink or be affected by drink.

To conclude, Killgoth's plan might work, depending on how booze in the stockpile is selected but you'd have to hang out until everyone was infected before moving on to the next village which would probably take too long to be feasible.

Edit: Do non-historical peasants become historical figures when they change into vampires?

^ exactly
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 04:08:25 pm »

Exploding ice block wells?  What the carp?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 [2]