Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: Communism Simulator Mafia | Game Over - Scum win  (Read 26628 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | Day 2 | REPLACEMENT NEEDED (9/11)
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2015, 05:18:13 pm »

Ebeop: Forgot to add (pfp) to previous post.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2015, 10:59:55 pm »

Arcvasti:  Why did you answer the question I asked flabort?

(pfp)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2015, 11:44:28 pm »

Pfp

Extend. Actual post coming tomorrow when I have access to a computer with internet.

In the meantime, everyone post your reads please.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2015, 11:59:03 pm »

Day 2 has been extended 24 hours. The day will now end on Friday at 8:00PM central
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2015, 01:58:36 am »

In the meantime, everyone post your reads please.

Alright, here are my current reads:

ArcvastiNull read due to relative inactivity, but slightly scummy.  During day 1, he placed a pressure vote on ATH (an easy target) and did little else.  So far during Day 2, he has only explained his inactivity and answered an academic question that was directed to someone else.  He hasn't done any serious scum hunting yet.  He could be lurking scum putting forth a minimum amount of effort to appear active.  He needs to post more.

Deus AsmothNull read.  Posted only once during Day 1, but that post did contain some decent questions and answers.  He has posted twice so far during Day 2, but he hasn't yet answered several of the questions directed at him.  He needs to post more so I can get a better read on him.

fillipkMild town read.  During Day 1, it seemed like he was trying to keep everyone talking and generating content.  Some of the questions he asked people seemed like fluff, but it was the RVS at the time, so that might not be suspicious.  He's generally been fairly active, encouraging discussion, and has been questioning people so I'm getting a helpful-townie vibe from him.

flabortNull at the moment.  Still under evaluation.

JiokuyNull read due to inactivity.  He'll probably need to be replaced based on his scarce posting history for the last two months.

roo:  Eh, slight town read.  He's not quite as abrasive, chaotic, and challenging as he's been in some of his previous games, but I'm not sure whether this indicates he's scum holding back or just a townie making an effort to adjust his meta, or something else.  Disregarding his meta and looking at his actions objectively, he's been questioning people, commenting on other people's remarks, and encouraging discussion, especially among inactive players.  On the other hand, he doesn't seem to have any strong suspicions against anyone yet, which could be scummy.  However, neither do I, so I'm not sure whether I can really fault him on that.  If he's scum, then he's probably not the least bit threatened by us.

SilthuriNull read due to inactivity.  During Day 1, he didn't question anyone, posted only twice (one of which was just him apologizing for his absence), and voted for no one, which is scummy, but explained by his real life circumstances.  Hopefully his next post will give me a better read on him.

tnteyNull read due to inactivity.  Hopefully he gets replaced.

tldr; So much null!  Why so few posts to analyze!?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2015, 02:35:13 am »

Hmmmm I would encourage lurker lynching so people would maybe change how they approach the game. That didn't sound sound at all let me rephrase.

Let's make it part of the metagame to wagon lurkers first so they will knock it off. Although that may ring less true this game as jiokuy is new(?) to the site and if iirc tnt has been replaced out of former games, so he joins but doesn't post or whatever. Point is lurkers suck
/rant

@meggas I don't like being lynched day 1 for the very simply reason of playing the game differently and everyone perceiving what I do as scummy so settling to lynch me instead of a lurker or actual scum. Sucks to suck. But enough whining yadda yadda.

I am currently most suspicious of filipk meggas. I would normally look at the people on a wagon but because it is plurality instead of majority then we can't really do wagon analysis bay 12 has a meta game of losing because of lack of activity and lynching through who is active and giving inactives a free pass. Tl;dr I'm okay with lynching lurkers this game since I'm sure-ish this is just another loss for town and I don't feel like losing right now to someone who doesn't post/neglects posting/is lurking as a shitty tactic.

Deus brought up a good point, meggas, on flabort what do you think of it?

I'm voting jiokuy because he has not posted, either he will come back and feel compelled to post or we will know if he is gonna be replaced via mod prods.

@mods when do prods go out? Also just mod kill tnt I would welcome it, save me the trouble of trying to lynch him

Feeling pretty jaded right now. Might be because I get depressed when I drink. Le sigh face.
Or not it's cool.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2015, 10:00:18 am »

Greetings Komrads! Glory to the Motherland! Death to America! Long Live Uber-Kimrade Origami!!!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:36 am »

@mods when do prods go out? Also just mod kill tnt I would welcome it, save me the trouble of trying to lynch him
Prods go out after 48 hours of inactivity. Tnt will be modkiled if nobody replaces him by the end of day 2.
Greetings Komrads! Glory to the Motherland! Death to America! Long Live Uber-Kimrade Origami!!!
Are you offering to be a replacement?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2015, 10:58:22 am »

Da!!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2015, 12:30:36 pm »

----
Da!!

Based on your profile stats, it looks like you are pretty active but don't have any mafia experience.  Is that correct or have you played forum mafia elsewhere in the past? (PPE: Actually, hold off on answering this question until you are confirmed as a player)

Hmmmm I would encourage lurker lynching so people would maybe change how they approach the game. That didn't sound sound at all let me rephrase.

Let's make it part of the metagame to wagon lurkers first so they will knock it off. Although that may ring less true this game as jiokuy is new(?) to the site and if iirc tnt has been replaced out of former games, so he joins but doesn't post or whatever. Point is lurkers suck
/rant
Lurkers do suck, though lynching people who would have lurked regardless of alignment doesn't give us a higher chance of hitting scum or provide us with much information afterward.  It's best to not even allow them into the game at all.  Ideally, whenever someone hosts a game they just shouldn't let in people who would obviously lurk the entire game.

I am currently most suspicious of filipk meggas. I would normally look at the people on a wagon but because it is plurality instead of majority then we can't really do wagon analysis bay 12 has a meta game of losing because of lack of activity and lynching through who is active and giving inactives a free pass. Tl;dr I'm okay with lynching lurkers this game since I'm sure-ish this is just another loss for town and I don't feel like losing right now to someone who doesn't post/neglects posting/is lurking as a shitty tactic.
1.  What makes you suspicious of fillipk?  By the end of Day 1, you had a slight town lean on him and during Day 2, you found his FOSing odd but seemed to reconcile it later.  Is it because you are suspicious of me and I gave a mild town read on him in my last post?
2.  Which lurkers specifically?  We know that the scum still NKed someone during Night 1, but since it seems both Jiokuy and tntey were totally absent during that time, neither of them would have submitted the NK if they were scum.  Thus, at least one member of the scum is at least somewhat active.

Deus brought up a good point, meggas, on flabort what do you think of it?
flabort originally brought up the point himself and Deus basically just expanded on it slightly and apparently pressure voted him.  flabort was apologetic about it later and claimed he would try to do better.  I'm not sure if the fact that flabort brought up his mistake first indicates he's apologetic town or pre-emptively defensive scum.  Perhaps he apologized in advance because he remembered that he said this tidbit from Day 1:
Oh, and if we agree to this plan, we need to pich two people to put on the block, and if someone breaks the tie last second they would be scum.
I'm also still waiting for Deus to elaborate on his vote and answer some of the questions directed at him.  In the meantime, I've been reading through some of Deus's and flabort's earlier games to get a better understanding of their metas.

Roo:  What's your opinion of the fact that the scum NKed TheDarkStar during Night 1?  Do you think the scum had a reason for selecting him?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:18 pm »

Yes i would like that. I haved played moafia dozens of times around campfires, a ton of times on the game Town of Salem, and a couple different forums.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | Down With the Democrats! (11/11)
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2015, 01:10:29 pm »

I'll post a more detailed analysis of flabort later today.  For now, I'm gonna vote for Arcvasti until he speaks up more.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2015, 01:59:57 pm »

Very well, LordPorkins has replaced Tntey

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2015, 02:57:49 pm »

Meggas yes that is all true. But letting it sit there and looking at it I start to get paranoid since a) no one is talking b) everyone feels like they are tiptoeing c) I don't have much else to go on excpet keep mulling is that town or scum.

I wouldn't recommend Night kill analysis. Guessing why they killed tds would basically be a very huge assumption.
Or not it's cool.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2015, 04:19:09 pm »

Arcvasti null I haven't paid him much attention and he hasn't really posted so much

Deus Asmoth Slightly scummy Yes he hasn't posted much so we can't get a super good read on him, but his vote today seems like him trying to distance himself from Flabort predicting a lynch, I would put him and Flabort as my number 1 scum team

Flabort Slightly Scummy He failed to follow through with his plan which he went on and on about, makes me think he is scum, but not my top pick

Jiokuy Mildly scummy Almost no posts, except at the end of day 1 where he returned an RVS vote still only the 3rd most scummy person on my reads

Megggas Town Read it seems he's trying to keep the game moving and ask thoughtful questions, the most town person in this game to me

Roo Slight Town His play style is odd, but he's not acting like he was in the first game where he was scum, in this game he is keeping it moving with questions and reads.

Silthuri null not many posts not much to say

LordPorkins Null not many posts just switched in.

Flabort why aren't you scum, you failed to follow your own plan

Jiokuy please post some actually content
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16