Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Communism Simulator Mafia | Game Over - Scum win  (Read 26529 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | Day 2 | REPLACEMENT NEEDED (9/11)
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2015, 06:07:47 pm »

roo:
Meggas yes that is all true. But letting it sit there and looking at it I start to get paranoid since a) no one is talking b) everyone feels like they are tiptoeing c) I don't have much else to go on excpet keep mulling is that town or scum.
What is "it"?  I'm not sure if you are referring to your vote or this game.  You also didn't tell me which lurkers you were okay with lynching or were you just speaking generally?
How does everyone feel like they are "tiptoeing"?

fillipk:
Deus Asmoth Slightly scummy Yes he hasn't posted much so we can't get a super good read on him, but his vote today seems like him trying to distance himself from Flabort predicting a lynch, I would put him and Flabort as my number 1 scum team
Do you have any other evidence to support the idea that Flabort and Deus Asmoth could be the scum team?

Flabort:  Do you still want to go along with your plan to arrange three even wagons?
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2015, 06:22:56 pm »

Sorry people, I have a job interview coming up, so I've been a bit preoccupied.

Deus Asmoth Why are you voting for Flabort, any reason other then his failure to follow his idea?
No other major reason, no. I think it's suspicious that he sabotaged his own plan, and his response to it being pointed out is pretty lacklustre.

Deus Asmoth Slightly scummy Yes he hasn't posted much so we can't get a super good read on him, but his vote today seems like him trying to distance himself from Flabort predicting a lynch, I would put him and Flabort as my number 1 scum team

Flabort Slightly Scummy He failed to follow through with his plan which he went on and on about, makes me think he is scum, but not my top pick

Jiokuy Mildly scummy Almost no posts, except at the end of day 1 where he returned an RVS vote still only the 3rd most scummy person on my reads
These reads don't make much sense. Me and Flabort are your top scum team despite Jiokuy apparently being your top scum pick? Why is Jiokuy scummy for having a different set of reads than you do?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2015, 07:06:43 pm »

Deus Asmoth Why are you voting for Flabort, any reason other then his failure to follow his idea?
No other major reason, no. I think it's suspicious that he sabotaged his own plan, and his response to it being pointed out is pretty lacklustre.

Flabort Slightly Scummy He failed to follow through with his plan which he went on and on about, makes me think he is scum, but not my top pick

Jiokuy Mildly scummy Almost no posts, except at the end of day 1 where he returned an RVS vote still only the 3rd most scummy person on my reads
These reads don't make much sense. Me and Flabort are your top scum team despite Jiokuy apparently being your top scum pick? Why is Jiokuy scummy for having a different set of reads than you do?
You misread my leads, my scum picks are Flabort, you, then Jiokuy.

fillipk:

Quote from: fillipk on Today at 02:19:09 pm

Do you have any other evidence to support the idea that Flabort and Deus Asmoth could be the scum team?
No, nothing to get Deus, but if Flabort was a vanilla townie he would have switched his vote to even it up.  I think Deus is worth looking into if Flabort turns out to be a democrat but nothing concrete right now.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | Day 2 | Down With The Democrats (9/11)
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2015, 07:30:17 pm »

@meggas

1.) Oops I thought you could read minds. My b. It is letting my thoughts linger on whether I am right or wrong and being paranoid about the choice that I end up in and running through the available evidence again.

2.) it was just my mood at the time. If I were to lynch a lurker it would probably be jiokuy as he talked in the day phase, what you said has some merit about the death of tds being made by someone somewhat actice. But the assumption on your part is that they are totally absent from here. Is there a way to check that? Excuse my ignorance I still don't know how to iso people on here.

As for the tiptoeing thing it is just a vibe I am currently getting.

I feel like my vote is useless. I wanna change it to someone else to see if they post more. I'll mull this over.

Also welocme lordperkins.
Or not it's cool.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2015, 09:18:02 pm »

@meggas.

Also welcome lordperkins.

RAAAAAAAGGEEE
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2015, 12:15:50 am »

Short post; I may not have proper time to post a good answer to everything until a weekend shows up.
Flabort why aren't you scum, you failed to follow your own plan
I may have proposed it, but nobody agreed to it, or at least nobody said they did.
I am not scum, because... uh... you know, I can't think of a reason not to suspect me. Maybe that's a good reason? It would be calling on my player meta again, where "Flabort is good at looking town when he's scum but is an awful town player", which is a bit of a cheaty answer, but...
Hmm. Maybe because I actually want to find out who is who and don't know anything yet? Always assume the people who seem to know more than they're letting on are suspicious, especially in a game without cops. And I'm lost.

Flabort:  Do you still want to go along with your plan to arrange three even wagons?
Yes, IF we can actually get it organized and agreed to, and get the proper time to figure out who's going to be on which wagon...

If I get time tomorrow I'll post reads.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2015, 01:46:35 am »

<Insert RAGE here>

So, I take it you don't like when people's names are misspelled?

But the assumption on your part is that they are totally absent from here. Is there a way to check that? Excuse my ignorance I still don't know how to iso people on here.

Well, I can't know for sure that they are totally absent.  I've only looked through their profiles and checked what other posts they made recently.  tntey was active in other threads but apparently completely abandoned this game, while Jiokuy last logged in 2 days ago and his profile shows that he has a history of posting very infrequently.  I suppose it's possible that either of them, if scum, could have submitted a NK before totally vanishing from this game, but it seems unlikely.

Anyway, I said earlier that I would provide a more detailed read on flabort.  Here's my analysis:

flabort - Day 1
>Good:  Started off the day decently with questions to everyone, though some of them were just fluff.  He consistently answered questions and commented on people's responses to his questions.
>Bad:  He seemed to stop asking questions after his first post, after which he just responded to other people's questions.   Several of his posts are pure fluff or stating the obvious.  His vote for ATH was kind of weird.  It seemed like some kind of pressure vote, to encourage ATH to try harder to scumhunt, that he later forgot about.  I also noticed that he only discussed the game's mechanics and how to use them when prompted by someone else.  He didn't show much initiative on that front.

flabort - Day 2:
>Good:  Questioned my motives for asking him a somewhat pointless question.
>Bad:  Has done little to no scum hunting so far during Day 2.  Still lacking initiative.
>WeirdHe decided to start the day by bringing up the topic of his failed plan (which nobody had even mentioned yet) and confessing that it was his fault.  In the same post, he asked everyone who they think screwed up the most during Day 1, as if he was guilt-stricken and hoping we'd console him by pointing out other people who screwed up worse.  Apparently his guilt finally got to him, since he later admitted that he considered himself to be the biggest screw-up of Day 1 and even detailed his mistakes.  His response to Deus's vote on him was to limply agree that Deus' suspicions against him are well-founded.  I double-checked the OP and confirmed that there's no Jester, so these actions don't make much sense to me.

Thus, I'm kind of leaning toward him being scum (with self-esteem issues), but I'm still reading through his past games to see if this kind of behavior is what he usually does.

PPE (flabort's latest post):  Yep, I definitely need to look over his past games.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2015, 10:43:19 am »

Jiokuy has been prodded.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2015, 12:06:46 pm »

Except you said in your reads that flabort isn't your top pick, ad you're voting for Jiokuy. Are you having difficulty keeping your story straight, capitalist pigdog?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2015, 01:53:57 pm »

Komrads, we know who we are facing. Those tyrannical Democrats shall be obvious by their incessant voting and political campaigns.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2015, 06:15:32 pm »

(pfp) Won't be able to post much today.

@LordPorkins: Do you have any reads?  Is there anyone you find suspicious?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2015, 06:41:52 pm »

Except you said in your reads that flabort isn't your top pick, ad you're voting for Jiokuy. Are you having difficulty keeping your story straight, capitalist pigdog?
hmmm just noticed that.  Whoops, too late to do an EBWOP but Flabort is my number 1 scum pick.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2015, 06:45:29 pm »

Wait you are defending Flabort?  And earlier you were voting him...  Deus why would you do this, let him fight his own fights.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2015, 07:38:15 pm »

How is me pointing out that you're contradicting yourself the same as defending flabort? You seem a bit nervous, fillipk.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2015, 08:36:29 pm »

(pfp) Won't be able to post much today.

@LordPorkins: Do you have any reads?  Is there anyone you find suspicious?

No Komrad. I am still analyzing the citizens
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16