Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Communism Simulator Mafia | Game Over - Scum win  (Read 26566 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Communism Simulator Mafia | Day 2 | Down With The Democrats (9/11)
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2015, 07:45:08 pm »

I think I'm fine with seeing flabort die rather than having a tie.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 27, 2015, 08:36:04 pm »

Hmm, bad move, Deus Asmoth.  You were willing to lynch fillipk a moment ago since you thought he was scum, but now you're voting with him??  If fillipk is scum, there's hardly a chance that he's trying to lynch his scumbuddy.  You don't really care who gets lynched, do you?

----

As an aside, several of my questions throughout today were asked with the intention to gather evidence for a few private theories I have.  I'll go into more detail during Day 3.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 27, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »

EBWOP:
As an aside, several of my questions that I asked during Day 2 were asked with the intention to gather evidence for a few private theories I have.  I'll go into more detail during Day 3.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 27, 2015, 09:15:07 pm »

Hmm, bad move, Deus Asmoth.  You were willing to lynch fillipk a moment ago since you thought he was scum, but now you're voting with him??  If fillipk is scum, there's hardly a chance that he's trying to lynch his scumbuddy.  You don't really care who gets lynched, do you?

You really need to work on your long term memory. I was voting for flabort before fillipk was. And since fillipk only switched to voting for flabort ~6 hours from day's end when he had no other votes on him, it's a pretty clear distancing attempt. I'm more concerned about the fact that you seem to think that breaking a tie is a scumtell, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 27, 2015, 09:39:01 pm »

Wow, I haven't really been keeping up on this.

Flabort... Flabort seems vaguely erratic, but maybe not suspiciously so.

Megggas... Seems town so far, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt

Deus Asmoth... I'm not quite sure about them either, really. Faint town read.

Fillpk... I find them the most suspicious, at this point. Not sure why, its possible I'm confusing their posts with Flabort's in my head because of the similar names

I honestly don't know who to vote for at this point. In any case, there were 11 of us. We're missing 2-4 votes. Statistically, if we have a tie between two people with two people on each wagon, that's about a one third[I think? Hasty math here] chance that the lynch will go through anyways. Would that be helpful at this juncture? Assuming a loss of two votes per night, we'd have five votes by D3 against two Democrat votes. By D4, we'd have three votes at max, which is dangerous. Let's say I vote and tie things up. If there's a tie, we only lose 1-2 votes tonight and we have a better idea of what's going on no matter what. If there isn't a tie, we might still catch a Democrat and we'll have valuable information.

For these reasons, I vote Flabort

Also, LordPorkins, don't use red text for anything besides voting. Using it for anything else messes with the script used for Bay12 Mafia vote collection.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 27, 2015, 09:40:07 pm »

Waitaminutethadoesntmakeatie

Jiokuy
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2015, 10:04:32 pm »

Day 1 observations:
TDS: Did not have questions and replies written as promised.
Megggas: Joking + seriousness at a balance. Good questions, kept things stirred up.
Arcvasti: Quick to advocate violence, and dismiss discusion? Posted twice only, better than some.
Tntey (Later replaced by DukePorkins): Not a single post, but wasn't around when confirming either.
DA: Late to party is better than not arriving at all. Some insight into scum behavior...
Silthuri: Did not get to answering questions.
Fillipk: Seems random at first, starts RVS on page 2. Hard to find a pattern
Roo: Engaged early on, short posts but keeps up activity and prods for more activity.
Jiokuy: One post, a little thought provoking, but not much.
ATH: Less coherent than Fillipk, but active.

Day 2 thoughts:
1) I had hoped that day would end "Late satudayish"
2) Meggas keeps up activity, engages everyone who remains active
3) Deus is more active, still can't keep up with most others; Megggas keeps the lead.
4) Fillipk seems odd until he posts his reads
5) LordPerkins doesn't know that red text = vote
6) Silthuri, Arcvasit, and LordPerkins did not contribute much

Reads:
1) Flabort: Confimed town to Flabort
2) Megggas: Definitely a good player, Keeps things moving
3) Roo: I'd say he/she has a good feel of how the town is behaving.
4) Deus: Smart and makes his own descisions, informed.
5/Null) Silthuri: Asked for reads, not much else
6/Null) Arcvasti: Not sure I trust their attitude regarding conversation
7/Null) Jiokuy:  Seriously, been prodded.
8/Null) Lord Porkins: This is mafia, not Freeform and Roleplaying Games.
9) FillipK: I don't understand them, even his reads seem disjointed.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 27, 2015, 10:13:28 pm »

Hmm, I figured this thread would have been locked by now since the Day is technically over.

You really need to work on your long term memory. I was voting for flabort before fillipk was. And since fillipk only switched to voting for flabort ~6 hours from day's end when he had no other votes on him, it's a pretty clear distancing attempt. I'm more concerned about the fact that you seem to think that breaking a tie is a scumtell, though.

It would also be a very risky distancing attempt.  2 commies have disabled votes, and commies can't vote for the person whose vote they control, but democrat votes always work.  If fillipk and flabbort are scum, then the other voters' (who would have to be commies) votes might not even go through.  It would be possible for fillipk's vote to kill his scumbuddy.   Plus, there's the possibility of someone else, such as yourself, voting for flabbort and lynching him.  Basically, fillipk would know there's a risk that he'd accidentally bus his partner.

Now, while scum bussing eachother might work out in regular games, with the game mechanics in this game, that is a horrible decision for the scum to make.  With only 1 scum remaining, we'll have quite a bit more time to utilize the game's mechanics to confirm townies and the remaining scum member won't be able to do much to stop us.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2015, 10:19:48 pm »

Hmm, I figured this thread would have been locked by now since the Day is technically over.
I think it's actually over in 45 minutes.

As for the rest of that post, I think that is a good theory. It also makes it clear (to me) that it would be impossible for Fillipk and me to be scum buddies in this situation (though I already knew that).
The Cyan Menace

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2015, 10:26:55 pm »

think? Hasty math here] chance that the lynch will go through anyways. Would that be helpful at this juncture? Assuming a loss of two votes per night, we'd have five votes by D3 against two Democrat votes. By D4, we'd have three votes at max, which is dangerous.

We could actually lose up to 4 votes each day, if 2 of the living commies control dead commie votes.  So by day 3, if 4 commies are dead, we could have lost up to 8 votes and have 1 vote remaining.  If both scum are alive and active, they could just vote together to prevent themselves from being lynched and win the game.  See my previous post on this topic here.

PPE:

It was based on Central time, right?  OSG's last post said the day would end in 6.5 hours and its been that long.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2015, 10:27:38 pm »

EBWOP:  That PPE was directed at flabort.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2015, 10:30:03 pm »

It would also be a very risky distancing attempt.  2 commies have disabled votes, and commies can't vote for the person whose vote they control, but democrat votes always work.  If fillipk and flabbort are scum, then the other voters' (who would have to be commies) votes might not even go through.  It would be possible for fillipk's vote to kill his scumbuddy.   Plus, there's the possibility of someone else, such as yourself, voting for flabbort and lynching him.  Basically, fillipk would know there's a risk that he'd accidentally bus his partner.

Now, while scum bussing eachother might work out in regular games, with the game mechanics in this game, that is a horrible decision for the scum to make.  With only 1 scum remaining, we'll have quite a bit more time to utilize the game's mechanics to confirm townies and the remaining scum member won't be able to do much to stop us.

Exactly, if I was scum and Flabort was my partner I would probably be going after Deus or Jiokuy because it would be a better idea.

Sorry for all my disjointedness, I need to reread my posts to see if they make sense, and I forget to do that 90% of the time.  Me not voting Flabort was purely accidental and all.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2015, 10:33:51 pm »

Exactly, if I was scum and Flabort was my partner I would probably be going after Deus or Jiokuy because it would be a better idea.

Sorry for all my disjointedness, I need to reread my posts to see if they make sense, and I forget to do that 90% of the time.  Me not voting Flabort was purely accidental and all.
And I'd be trying to get Roo or Megggas lynched, or maybe Silthuri or Arcvasti because I'd have a better chance at that.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2015, 10:37:07 pm »

EBWOP:  That PPE was directed at flabort.
Well, I guess. I recently had a time change and that always messes me up; let's see.
The post he made says 2:30 forum time.
My post that said there was some time left was 10:00 forum time (8:00 my time?!).
10-2.5=7.5
OK, yes, you are right. It should be over. I for one am glad it isn't.
The Cyan Menace

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2015, 12:32:17 am »

Votecount
Jiokuy (2) Fillipk, roo
Flabort (1) Deus Asmoth, Fillipk
Jiokuy (1) Arcvasti
Fillipk (1) Flabort
Deus Asmoth (1) Megggas

Nobody has been lynched

It is now night. Day 3 starts at 8:00 Central on Monday
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:07:57 am by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16