Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Nuclear Throne: Cooperative Quest  (Read 2584 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Throne: Cooperative Quest
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2015, 06:44:18 pm »

Ball moves to C2...
"Feel my spherical wrath! Justice... REVOLVER!"
And activates Spin-To-Win three times.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2015, 08:49:45 pm »

Passive: Powerful rockskin: resistant to blade damage
Golem moves towards C5 and attack the maggot
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 08:51:24 pm by Detoxicated »

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2015, 11:14:28 pm »

Jaded: Sees everything coming. Taking damage can drop pickups on occasion.

Hates fun. Turns his equipped weapon into something more "useful" (explosive weapons become bullet weapons, bolt weapons become melee weapons, and energy weapons become pickups, cannot be used if this would leave him without a weapon.)

Throne butt: Positive pessimist; Taking damage and breaking energy weapons now gives double pickups.

Ultra A: REALLY HATES FUN; His active now turns ultra weapons into normal versions of them and spawns An ammo crate, weapon crate, or Health crate.

Ultra B: No longer cares about anything; His passive now negates damage instead of dropping pickups when it procs, he can no longer see his current health.

Jaded looks like a pipeguy, and starts with a crowbar, a weak weapon that is the same as Chicken's katana.

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2015, 03:19:20 am »

((To be honest. With how the movement and targeting rules work. It's a bad idea. We can't move onto the same tiles but there are high value tiles. We can't really coordinate targeting either. I mean. We technically could? But due to how rads get distributed and how weapons are first come first serve..))

((On a different note. Could we see our TU for a given turn? Would help strategizing.))

coordinate
strategizing
That...
That doesn't seem that Nuclear-Throne-y, but whatever.
I expect to see less Tzeentch and more Khorne...
Indeed.  I wanted the system to feel like Nuclear Throne; fast, aggressive, and you main defense is shooting everything in sight.  The purpose behind the random turn order is two things: it makes the game faster to play (because everyone can just submit their turns whenever, and I can just resolve everything in one big post instead of 4+ little ones), and because it creates some tension between racing for resources versus working together.  The random TUs is meant to be similar to rolling to hit in other RPGs; which is why you don't know how many you get.

I dunno, I've never actually done one of these forum games before so your criticisms might be completely valid.  I'm listening to feedback, but we should play a while to see if any rules adjustments are necessary.

Also, you'all can shoot at more than one enemy in a turn if you want to (figure I should tell you that before resolving the turn).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 2 [3]