Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 868394 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #13665 on: March 28, 2016, 11:43:26 pm »

Well, no, asking her politely would also get her to stop, but nobody's actually TRIED that.
BOXWOOD did! She then proceeded to get into another argument the next day and make him consider shooting her in the head.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13666 on: March 28, 2016, 11:44:33 pm »

its nsot that i mind alanis being a loonie girl
but you cant ooc justify her behnavior for being clearly uirrational
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13667 on: March 28, 2016, 11:46:38 pm »

It's the opposite for me: I don't mind the OOC talk about it, but it really does grate on me seeing the meta angle forced on characters and on the rp to the point that it slants all of the other rp and defines the tone to an anti-fourth-wall one, which is why I tried to have Evridiki deflect it IC (though Evridiki being from SS13 means it wasn't OOC for her anyway)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13668 on: March 28, 2016, 11:48:09 pm »

Also, not a big deal, not freaking out over this, but Alanis also has like, a phone and a Computer if I remember correctly, which were never mentioned in your inventory.

Tools of Evil should really be listed in inv is what i'm saying, especially if it basically lets Alanis use Google images to ruin game immersion.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13669 on: March 28, 2016, 11:48:27 pm »

i confrcufr
liek mawybe we should igenore alanis
but then tgbf will paroablbaly complian wshe ehas getting ignored
even if ignoring someone is one effective way you deal with nanoying pepoel irl
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13670 on: March 28, 2016, 11:49:23 pm »

*sigh*

You are supposed to ignore or retcon things that strain immersion, not Exacerbate them.
Tell that to the people who contributed equally as much.

@TCM:She doesn't have metaknowledge of everything or everybody-Both your characters are prime examples, as well as Motya and Alice, or ItE, or Mio, or Penelope, Contagion, etc., or, to a lesser extent, Fire Emblem...
There are many things she doesn't know.  But knowing a lot about some of the worlds we could go to, that was an implicit assumption of nerdity.  So to remove that would be to, in a rather substantial way, wreck her character.

Look.  I get that almost nobody likes it.  And I'm trying to tone it down a bit.  But at this point, it's far too ingrained in her character to just zap it out of existence.

its nsot that i mind alanis being a loonie girl
but you cant ooc justify her behnavior for being clearly uirrational
It's not irrational at all, she has too much correlation to dismiss it oit of hand.

Well, no, asking her politely would also get her to stop, but nobody's actually TRIED that.
BOXWOOD did! She then proceeded to get into another argument the next day and make him consider shooting her in the head.
Who started it?

Also, not a big deal, not freaking out over this, but Alanis also has like, a phone and a Computer if I remember correctly, which were never mentioned in your inventory.

Tools of Evil should really be listed in inv is what i'm saying, especially if it basically lets Alanis use Google images to ruin game immersion.
They were!  Take a look at her sheet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13671 on: March 28, 2016, 11:51:10 pm »

Spoiler: Point it out please. (click to show/hide)

Also, no it wouldn't, like I said, nothing of value would be lost if none of the Meta conversations happened.

Alanis would be identical aside from not being edgy deadpool, and nobody would be OOC salty.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:53:53 pm by Shadestyle »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13672 on: March 28, 2016, 11:51:35 pm »

I can deal with Alanis being meta chick. I can't deal with this being the ONLY defining factor of her personality and being forced so primarily on the RP that it's impossible to escape and causes a crisis every fifty pages.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13673 on: March 28, 2016, 11:53:09 pm »

I say we nerf her. Yes I'm well aware this is entirely RP and OOC with nothing to do with any of the game mechanics, but still you can't go wrong with nerfing Alanis! ;D

Who started it?
Alanis. She just started arguing in favor of using Gravity Well on the enormous eldritch entity that seems to ignore half the laws of physics to the person who's spent a good chunk of her life fighting such creatures.

Which come to think of it doesn't really fit with her beliefs. I mean she'd realize it's a boss right? Wouldn't she just assume that cheesing the boss therefore wouldn't work?

I can deal with Alanis being meta chick. I can't deal with this being the ONLY defining factor of her personality and being forced so primarily on the RP that it's impossible to escape and causes a crisis every fifty pages.
Yeah, speaking as someone who's played as characters who break the fourth wall, it really only works if other people are fine with it, and it isn't a defining point of their character. A gimmick like that isn't exactly a bedrock to build an entire character on.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:55:47 pm by Empiricist »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #13674 on: March 28, 2016, 11:55:12 pm »

If you remember, Elf and Sanure got on your case about before the game began, so don't go saying that you didn't change it because it was part of her character. If you're as interested in fixing it as you claim, why don't you get her lobotomized or hit her with amnesia.

Now then, back to lurking and contemplating how to stat up armies since it seems I running a plot for one again.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13675 on: March 28, 2016, 11:56:03 pm »

easlrighet
gonan go sleep now
dont fight too muhc guys
love eae you

goaod night

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: March 28, 2016, 11:56:25 pm »

Even being a defining point of her character is fine, but the problem is that it is THE defining point of her character (the only three things she seems to do are (A. get in meta arguments, B. Snuggle with ITE (often after A goes wrong, whoa parentheses), and C. try to craft Kinetic Shell)
There isn't actually a whole lot of her personality at all that isn't primarily defined by the meta girl aspect, and that means all she exists to do is do the meta stuff, and when you are as active as you are, that means the RP is dragged into meta arguments again and again and again.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: March 28, 2016, 11:57:06 pm »

I planed on having Dackly break the 4th wall once or twice, but Alanis completely pissed on that avenue of comedy to define and solidify her nature.

Love you TCM, Sweet dreams~

*sigh* that drunken little angel.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: March 28, 2016, 11:58:06 pm »

Now then, back to lurking and contemplating how to stat up armies since it seems I running a plot for one again.
What kind of army are we talking about? Just a bunch of sentient meatsacks? Or something else like a hivemind entity or mindless automatons? Are logistics a factor at all? How much will terrain and formation play a part in their use?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13679 on: March 29, 2016, 12:01:20 am »

By the way, for anyone concerned, I talked to TCM and TCM is fine.
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1328