Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 886377 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Honestly, You should just include "Bosses and Player characters are immune to Jedi Mind Tricks" to the skill right now and save EVERYONE so much salt and babyrage.  It still won't work on them if you don't include that, but this isn't the first or the last time it will be attempted (And cause the salt and babyrage) if you don't.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

when you piss off cuttlefish girls
ur gona haf a bed teim

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

underwhale
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what do you call a plant that has fishes for fruit
an ictree
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

a mutant abomination
Black lives matter.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Artifact Title
« Reply #18156 on: May 08, 2016, 11:46:08 am »

also, I think I finally narrowed down just why I lost most interest in this RP (although I'll still probably run the plot as promised). Though I believe I've complained about this before:

it's not grand enough, or it doesn't FEEL grand enough.
[rant incoming]
Spoiler: rant (click to show/hide)

/rant

phew I needed to get that off my chest ;~;
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:02:17 pm by Twi »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

;~;
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i suppose that may be the reason you started with ite, because you thought the whole thing was going to be all grand, thus requiring a grand character

then the lack of size made you feel she was out of place, so you created yamal, who, as you said, fits right in with the hero plot

but then playing yamal when you wanted to be all grandiose and whatnot when you started made you realize "wait, this isn't what I wanted, the other thing is what i wanted"

this manifested in the fact you had no idea what to do with yamal after beating up a non-world ending gorgon and a non-world ending kfc

that's my psycho analysis, at least

rip simuna/yamal
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

rip yamalson ;-;
Black lives matter.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

that's pretty accurate, yeah.

although I do like Yamal, I still look at the thread title and go 'wait a minute this isn't what they told me on the registration form'. I remember that we're supposed to be saving ALL the worlds and I"m just like ;~;

if you want to boil it down to the very fundamentals, the game feels like it SHOULD be grand (even now!), but then it fails to be grand, and that throws me way off my game

also yes rip ships
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 11:59:03 am by Twi »

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

petition to rename the thread "Multifandom Shipping Hour: Bullshit Character Abilities Edition"
carrot cakeu

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

I think my plot will satisfy in those reguards.

Heheheheh.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MSHBCAE

who are we guarding and why are we guarding them a second time
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Hm.

I'd prefer to think of TotMG as more of a story about heroes helping out on a small scale causing the world to be less shitty each time they do it, and all of these small acts build on each other to fight against the Trespassers.

You save a world here, you help out the heroes of a world there, you stop a mass massacre over here, and it doesn't seem like you did much. But then, when you look at it from afar, you realise how much shittier the worlds would be without you and how much better they are, how much more ready they are to help take the fight to the Trespassers.

The World of Zelda would be suffering from a Trespasser incursion that would've resulted had they not killed the Trespasser Stallord. The World of Yuki Yuna would be obliterated had they not gone there to protect the world. The World of RWBY would be suffering far more without the heroes coming back to fix things.

Each time you go to the worlds to fix things, you make a thing better. One small step at a time.

It may not seem like the Trespassers would ever be stopped by one, or two or three small acts. But when they all come together, you see that you've built up allies, gained experience, and made these worlds ready to fight the Trespassers and aid you.

And that is why this is how it is.

Of course, the Doylist explanation is that this was meant to be an Everything:Gaiden spinoff (hence why I was called on to be a co-GM) with a serious plot.
Pages: 1 ... 1209 1210 [1211] 1212 1213 ... 1328