Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 868771 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #15960 on: April 13, 2016, 09:38:49 pm »

Maybe 3d(2+level), actually?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15961 on: April 13, 2016, 09:45:51 pm »

i'd actually lean toward scaling your number of dice up per level in the lightsaber's case, though that might just be my personal preference for lots of little dice (consistency is great). Plus 3d(2+level) is 3d8 right now which is a gargantuan improvement over the current d14. I'd say maybe like, 4d(1+LV/2) might be reasonable, rounded down ofc. It really depends on what we want to consider fair or not; e.g. do we want everyone to have similar average values? should the weapons with bigger dice have a higher average to compensate for their lower consistency? etc.

ideally it'd also be more than just me and you discussing this too
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15962 on: April 13, 2016, 09:47:09 pm »

I vote in favor of increasing the size of the die instead of number. enjoy your 1d25 at level 10
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15963 on: April 13, 2016, 09:51:37 pm »

Or maybe (2+lvl)d2.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15964 on: April 13, 2016, 09:53:21 pm »

if everyone in Aesford's plot could gather round outside the ship I can get the plot started properly first thing tommorow
thanks

EDIT: I could get to work on it now actually, if no one would be bothered by me assuming everyone on the plot is going along with Aesford at now.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15967 on: April 13, 2016, 09:56:10 pm »

http://rumkin.com/reference/dnd/diestats.php

good tool that i found for mucking about with die formulas btw
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15968 on: April 13, 2016, 09:57:26 pm »

Contagion's Theme

This reminds me I should give Aesford a Blitzkrieg skill :>
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15969 on: April 13, 2016, 10:20:25 pm »

Initial thoughts:

Perks:
Granting additional AP is iffy. Then again, it's not a huge amount at all, so this looks fine.
I think a stat-based penalty of some variety might work a bit better than just a flat out "you can't resist these." You could add a clause saying that you can bypass immunities at a penalty or something like that instead of just saying "this is unresistable."

First action looks really, really underpowered. We have actions that double damage for a turn; this is a total of 45% damage increase over the duration, which isn't that great.

CDR is also situational since there are a lot of characters with no cooldowns on their actions. I'd rework it almost entirely or at least say "if target has no cooldowns, do X buff instead"

Limit Break has the same issue.

The bauble looks rather weak as well, but could come in handy at some point.
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to look through it and give feedback ^__^

The Perk isn't meant to help Status Effects at all, rather just protect the buffs they apply. I might change it to making Dispellation/Steal reduce its lifespan rather than flat-out removing the Buff.

I'll try and give A1 a better bonus. Main reason for setting it so low was because I was going to pump it all the way to Level 6 and was worried that having it do a 2.5x damage multiplier or something would anger the GMs (even though Deep Pass seems to give a (n+1)x multiplier).

I'll rethink the Cooldown-based Actions since it only benefits few people (but massively so).

Not too worried about the Bauble being weak. It can always be switched out for better loot, it's just there for the world-building implications. I was worried that disallowing escape for a for might derail a plot or something.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15970 on: April 13, 2016, 10:26:54 pm »

really, if the villain needs to get away, there's nothing more powerful than GM fiat anyway, so I wouldn't worry about that
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15971 on: April 13, 2016, 10:31:40 pm »

Hey Emp, could you look at Buffer!Kyle?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15972 on: April 13, 2016, 10:33:09 pm »

What DnD alignments are your characters?
Evridiki is LG (and is turning out very paladin), whereas Chartre is Neutral Good.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15973 on: April 13, 2016, 10:34:59 pm »

What DnD alignments are your characters?
Evridiki is LG (and is turning out very paladin), whereas Chartre is Neutral Good.

Haruka is probably like, LG-ish? hard to say, I haven't mentally developed the character as much as i probably should have
Volx is vaguely CG, but really closer to true neutral
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #15974 on: April 13, 2016, 10:35:21 pm »

Ian is Chaotic Good/Nuetral.

The new Kyle is Nuetral.
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1328