Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 [1185] 1186 1187 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 884079 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #17760 on: April 29, 2016, 09:28:05 pm »

I guess I'm also in a bit of a ranting miid because I had a long deep political debate with my dad and sister and I'm still fired up to be contrary and speech-y :V

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17761 on: April 29, 2016, 09:29:37 pm »

Didn't the Rise of the Alterverse system, once revised, have a sort of ability-building thing? Maybe use an altered version of that part of the system?

I... want to say it did? For whatever reason I can't remember.

-snip-

-snip-

Huh. I honestly didn't expect the freeform stuff to be so popular. My original idea was to have some kind of deck building system for combat and character abilities, so that the focus would be on cool combos and card selection instead of bullshit abilities and perks. But if that's not popular... I'll try and think of something else.

That isn't a system shift - USEC's talking about working on a completely different game.

I like the system as is. The thing I was suggesting was for USEC's game, which was specifically said to be using a different system to this.

Yeah. I'm thinking of making an entirely new game and cutting as much of the bullcrap that I can out of these games so that there's fewer arguments and junk. Because this game seems very prone to this sort of stuff and it isn't fun to wade through. Especially if you're GMing it.

I guess I'm also in a bit of a ranting miid because I had a long deep political debate with my dad and sister and I'm still fired up to be contrary and speech-y :V

It's fine. I'm not in the greatest moods for debating myself so I understand.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17762 on: April 29, 2016, 09:30:24 pm »

I dom't honestly think the issue is with the system but with the OOC atmosphere

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17763 on: April 29, 2016, 09:31:28 pm »

Then how would one go about fixing that? And I'm going to make up an entirely new system anyways because that's how I roll, so.. Yeah. Just figuring out how far to take things.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17764 on: April 29, 2016, 09:32:56 pm »

putting the foot down on people when they get excessively toxic. Remove them from the game if it becomes necessary, even

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17765 on: April 29, 2016, 09:33:34 pm »

That might not help, though. Emp isn't even in the game anymore.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17766 on: April 29, 2016, 09:33:56 pm »

CARDGAMES YES YES YES

I have 3 charecter ideas that have to do with cards as i have mentioned.

Also, Emp, TBF, myself, and Elf are, as far as I know, the source of around 65% of the salt and babyrage in this game, just putting that out there.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17767 on: April 29, 2016, 09:35:56 pm »

I dom't honestly think the issue is with the system but with the OOC atmosphere
It's still an awful lot of GM work though. I mean, having a card system sounds like it'd be much easier to work with since there would be no need to approve any actions, and enemies can be designed immediately rather than having to factor in a constantly changing arsenal of abilities.

My original idea was to have some kind of deck building system for combat and character abilities, so that the focus would be on cool combos and card selection instead of bullshit abilities and perks.
I'm personally more interested in that, seeing as I've tried to work on something like that in the past but well, I overcomplicated it massively as per usual.

I'm actually rejoining. It's just taking a while to get Actions approved right now, plus writer's block is making Delacroix's backstory slower in writing than expected. Well, that and assignments >__<
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17768 on: April 29, 2016, 09:37:20 pm »

You've been here since you left though.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17769 on: April 29, 2016, 09:41:57 pm »

Yeah but I only started putting on more a stance on gameplay rather than just accepting requests to review sheets after I began working on rejoining. I used to be far more neutral. I mean yes, the majority of my posts here are on mechanics, but it's not like I'm just going to post my setting design drafts for my characters in the OOC for no reason. I doubt anyone here cares to give summaries of the Meiji Restoration, Mixtec Civilization, and Pre-WWI Germany after all.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17770 on: April 29, 2016, 09:43:00 pm »

Yeah. Even if they aren't in the game, I'm pretty sure that they can keep on posting.

CARDGAMES YES YES YES

I have 3 charecter ideas that have to do with cards as i have mentioned.

It's not 'cardgames' so much as 'combat is abstracted using cards'. So instead of having an action that says 'Strike' or 'Petrify' you have cards that do the same thing and hope that you manage to draw them. So I'm not 100% certain that those character ideas would work.

I'm personally more interested in that, seeing as I've tried to work on something like that in the past but well, I overcomplicated it massively as per usual.

Yeah. I was trying to keep things simple and focused on positioning and stuff. It... still was kind of a mess so I'm not sure where to go with it. Definitely something I'm eager to try out, since it isn't a thing that has been really used in these kinds of games.

Plus, if worse comes to worse, I could always reuse the Red Moons system instead. That was also pretty interesting (and never tested).

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17771 on: April 29, 2016, 09:45:41 pm »

I don't mean folks like Emp

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17772 on: April 29, 2016, 09:47:07 pm »

Oh look, a volunteer to show how people don't pay attention (Sorry USEC, Had to :P)

@USEC, Red Carnival is an Ultimate Attack. It calls upon 100 puppets to attack enforce. Downsides are: Shiro gets KO'd because of the part that says "Prevents actions that use puppets". It has a timer of at least 5 turns before use.

Five turns before use? Which is not listed on her sheet at all? Which makes it seem extremely ridiculous and overpowered? Which is why everyone was talking about it? Hence the obviously sarcastic 'Shiro OP, pls nerf'? Because I had followed the conversation and everyone's arguments? So you can't yell at me for not paying attention?

why does deep pass factor into this

Mostly because it factors greatly into Emp's theorycrafting. There's nothing wrong with it, so long as it can't stack with similar abilities, I just needed another example and yours was the first to spring into mind. TBF's Parry thing should have probably been substituted instead. Sorry about that.

I haven't edited the sheet yet, hence my own sarcasm. Twas a Joke USEC :P

Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17773 on: April 29, 2016, 09:52:25 pm »

It's not 'cardgames' so much as 'combat is abstracted using cards'.
Has anyone actually run a RP-Cardgame before? I mean, there have been cardgames without RP such as 1000 Blank Cards.

I did have an incredibly rough idea of something like that before, though more in the vein of one of those bare-bones RTDs than, well, something like this with an enormous emphasis on RP, but the premise basically boiled down as follows: Well, since certain cardgames have been compared to cardboard crack, what about one wherein you can literally grind up and snort the cards? You can permanently destroy your own cards (as in, you will no longer have it even after the match) in exchange for getting a powerful boost. Yes, you could just snort half your deck, but it'll be a phyrric victory since you'll be left with half a deck in the end.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17774 on: April 29, 2016, 09:53:37 pm »

There have been attempts to do Yugioh RP games and MTG RP games with the cards, they weren't ever really carried through
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 [1185] 1186 1187 ... 1328