Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is that snake in the corner?

Hiss hiss~
- 3 (27.3%)
I don't know really. Anyway, are all goblins this tall?
- 4 (36.4%)
I did enjoy Masterwork Gear Assembly 3!
- 4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Fighter's Journey (MS Paint Adventure) - Back in Action!  (Read 24359 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter's Journey (MS Paint Adventure) - Back in Action!
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2017, 01:56:26 am »

Instructions unclear. Should one engage in theological dispute or question the nature of Almef's weapon we've only seen in our fantasies?
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2017, 09:38:09 am »

There was obviously an apocalyptic event that led to technological devolution.
Obviously.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2017, 10:40:03 am »

Instructions unclear. Should one engage in theological dispute or question the nature of Almef's weapon we've only seen in our fantasies?
Uh... neither. Each would probably both be a faux pas.
Instead, as about what this religion states that we should do to not be sinful. Express curiosity and interest. Maybe see if we can determine the nature of the surrounding area.
Be tactful.

EDIT: I appreciate this poll. I appreciate it a good deal.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:17:45 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2017, 12:48:58 pm »

I would have thought that he sold just be using his divine weapon that spits fire and death. The thrust of his weapon would render the souls of his foes from their bodies

Other option is just have it be a type of magical artifact that looks like a gun due to how good the gun shape happens to be.
Similar to convergent evolution, the gun shape happens to be the optimal shape for death spitting weapons of freedom.
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2017, 04:51:19 pm »

I would have thought that he sold just be using his divine weapon that spits fire and death. The thrust of his weapon would render the souls of his foes from their bodies

Other option is just have it be a type of magical artifact that looks like a gun due to how good the gun shape happens to be.
Similar to convergent evolution, the gun shape happens to be the optimal shape for death spitting weapons of freedom.
Ah, yes, the tried-and-true method of screaming "Arcane resonance of form!" at the top of your lungs and then riding off into the sunset before anyone can figure out a way to counter your argument.

Just kidding, mate. Yeah, that actually makes some sense.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2017, 07:30:49 am »

Uh... neither. Each would probably both be a faux pas.
Instead, as about what this religion states that we should do to not be sinful. Express curiosity and interest. Maybe see if we can determine the nature of the surrounding area.
Be tactful.

EDIT: I appreciate this poll. I appreciate it a good deal.

"Thank you very much, good sir. Could you tell me then, what should a man do to be saved?"

"That's quite a question... First, one should follow the most sacred commandments of our religion, they be well-known to any faithful person".

"To be saved, you shall worship no other gods before our Lord. You will not use any of his names in vain... You will observe the holy rites... You are to honour thy father and thy mother... You will have to respect the life and well being of others and the sanctity of their posessions. You shalt pity the poor and cherish the wealthy, and you shall journey to the Holy City at least once in a lifetime. Praised be the Lord, armok, armok!"

"Also, you shouldn't disturb public order and such. By that I mean your dress... It's way too explicit. The helmet part and the coat length are tolerable, but those naked arms... I know you're from lands far away, but please be advised, it grinds everyone's gears."

"Oh!... I mean, thank you for the advise. I- I'll work on it. Can I ask you something else?"

"Shoot."

"Can you tell me anything about the surroundings?"

"Huh, surroundings. I'm not a young man anymore, I don't travel out of town much these days. Well, to the north lies our beautiful capital Rinpibo. Caravans from there come here up to two times in a week, or at least weekly. Then, there's the Holy City of Alapictham, which is situated to the northeast. It's easier and safer to travel there from Rinpibo. To the west lie The Indigo Dunes, a bare desert. Somewhere on the other side of it there is said to be an ocean with some hamlets on the shore. To the west lies the endless Desert of Equity, a dangerous place where night creatures and goblins roam freely. To the south there is a river by the name of Gnarledromance. A township of Tamedtunem, surrounded by many minor hamlets, lives off crops and stock raising. The caravans go there from the capital loaded with weapons, tools, trinkets and other stuff come back loaded with food, drinks, leather and cloth. it is said that far south there are woods, spared by the Great Fire. Some people claim that elves live there, but I haven't heard much from the travelers. Maybe you know about that better".

"And finally, to the Southwest, there lies the Dead City. No one goes into the Dead City. Only the mightiest champions can brave its dangers and come out alive".

"Huh, the name does sound unsettling. Why is it so dangerous though?"

"No one knows. But I tell you what. The place is clearly haunted. Don't go there. Like, ever."

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 07:39:19 am by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2017, 08:24:14 am »

Okay, we are clearly post-apocalypse, because that is definitely a city in the modern sense of the word.

We should probably go to Tamedtunem, though not before getting some supplies.
And longer sleeves, so as not to disturb the populace. Wouldn't want to get lynched.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2017, 09:17:16 am »

Armok! Armok! Praise Armok!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2017, 10:36:19 am »

Whatever we do, don't go by the Desert of Equity. Also get unrealistic notions about traveling to the dead city and becoming a champion warlord general princess.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2017, 07:59:20 pm »

Cover our arms. Also ask him if he knew of an elf Druid who passed these parts in his many years.

We do recall what the quest was, right?
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2017, 09:27:39 pm »

Cover our arms. Also ask him if he knew of an elf Druid who passed these parts in his many years.

We do recall what the quest was, right?
+1
Also, convert to Armokism.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2017, 06:34:36 pm »

Fuck Armok.  What's he ever done for us anyways?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2017, 11:35:36 pm »

PTW this. And yes, Join  the blood god amok
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2017, 05:05:42 am »

Fuck Armok.  What's he ever done for us anyways?
Armok! Armok! Armok!!!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2017, 01:24:23 pm »

I'm terribly sorry for taking so long, lads and lassies! I have been busy working on my thesis for quite a while, and I'll need a few more days to have it finished. As for now, have this snippet from the upcoming updoot! Is there any way to improve it?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12