Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is that snake in the corner?

Hiss hiss~
- 3 (27.3%)
I don't know really. Anyway, are all goblins this tall?
- 4 (36.4%)
I did enjoy Masterwork Gear Assembly 3!
- 4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Fighter's Journey (MS Paint Adventure) - Back in Action!  (Read 24078 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Fighter's Journey (MS Paint Adventure) - Back in Action!
« on: October 31, 2015, 02:45:20 pm »

"It has been nearly two hundred years since the Great Fire swept throught the earth. Giant clouds of heat and dust flooded the streets, reducing thosands of towns and villages to debris. Forests were burning; lakes and rivers evaporated, mountains themselves trembled, breaking into rubble and rocks. The air was filled with ash, and the sun could no longer be seen. The light of day gave way to eternal darkness, which ruled the land for centuries.

Many people did not live through the very first hours of disaster. Those, who survived, were eager to save their life. Dwarf, human, all peoples alike, dug deeper into the burning ground, fleeing from flames. Some were more prepared. Others managed to survive by chanse. Many more were not that lucky.

Among those, who witnessed the day of reconing and lived, was a group of elves. Their weathered asylum was well-hidden in a huge desert, which no more contrasted with the lands around. Those elves cultivated trees, creating a small oasis for themselves. Eventually, they estabilished contacts with others of their kind. Their village expanded slowly, protected by mighty warriors and poweful shamans.

You were born in this retreat, and you've lived there since then. But today, you're summoned before the elder, who will conduct the rite of initiation, and will give you the task of great importance, the task that will change the face of your town forever. Your kin relies on you. You must not fail."

Now, choose your path.

WARRIOR:

- Fighter: Highter finesse, skilled with melee weapons and also good at unarmed combat.

- Archer: Improved aim, skilled with ranged weapons.

SHAMAN:

- Acolyte: You enjoy druidic abilities and feel the harmony of the world. Your connection with the Great Spirit lets you use powerful healing and defensive magic.

- Mage: You utilize the power of nature for creating different spells.

ARTISAN:

- Herbalist: You know a thing or two about potions, farming and different stuff. Also, cooking.

- Treesinger: You're able to craft many things from wood.

So, uhm, hello there. My previous MS Paint afventure thread wasn't so popular, but I decided to give another try. As usual, my language migh sometimes seem improper of simply weird. Also, if somebody's willing to help me out with this one, I'd be glad if you do.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:17:18 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Brand new MS Paint Adventure - Elf story
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 11:37:26 am »

You flunked out of treesinging school due to your terrible voice, and your attempt at molding wood through dubstep was an unprecedented disaster.  So you become a fighter instead.  Who fights while performing interpretive dance.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 12:09:33 pm »

We are an ARTISAN.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 01:13:09 pm »

fighter
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 01:14:53 pm »

Artisan!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 01:26:48 pm »

Is this "Great Fire" thing a mod? Or can it actually happen in the world history?

Also, +1 to Fighter

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 01:28:50 pm »

Hybrid!  We fight, but do it like dancing.  Because Elf.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 01:37:34 pm »

People seem to be in favor of both fighter and artisan, so I'm inclined to go for fighter/treesinger... Good at both, master of none style.

Is this "Great Fire" thing a mod? Or can it actually happen in the world history?

That's a purely fictional event... Well, even thought there are some mods that revolve around post-apocalyptic gameplay, like fallout mods, for example. Anyway, I didn't really refer to them.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 01:41:30 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Camulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 11:10:53 am »

I'll have to cash my democracy chip in for Artisan, would be interesting to see a tale spun from that role.

You can alos put up a poll for it, placing the scenario in the hands of a horde of ardent button-clickers.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 11:30:14 am »

Whoever gets to wear the skirt with a tree engraving, and wielding a tree like some bad-ass treant club / staff / spear, or can be a used as a two-handed painting brush and quill-point pen. 

Yeah, that thing looks like a retracting claw to hold straws or twigs or troll fur.  I can dig this in my enemies' blood and draw my art in the battle field.

The pointy end, I'll use for my signature composing of three dots; three consecutive stabs in the faces of enemies.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2015, 12:40:37 pm »

You can alos put up a poll for it, placing the scenario in the hands of a horde of ardent button-clickers.

Man, why didn't I think of this earlier?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 02:58:36 pm »

You flunked out of treesinging school due to your terrible voice, and your attempt at molding wood through dubstep was an unprecedented disaster.  So you become a fighter instead.  Who fights while performing interpretive dance.

H-hey, that's not true! You... you just need more practice, that's all. Your teacher always said you had a talent for treesinging. And you didn't flunk, really! You just thought that a change of activity would broaden your view of life... Or something... Even thought you're as agile as a sober dwarf. Seriously, that has nothing to with your alleged talent to ruin everything you touch. Anyway, it's about time you faced the elders.

You enter the tent. The elders (few of them, actually) greet you. While the acolyte's conducting the rite, you stare at the fireplace.

"Come closer, child" the head acolyte announses. "The spirits fortold thy coming. We need to talk".

"H-heya there." You reply awkwardly. You were never good at formal conversations. "Iwethi told me you-"

"Move it, young lady". The acolyte looks irritated. "We've got no time to spare".

"Listen carefully, young one. The spirits told us you're the one able to complete the quest...

The well-being of our tribe is at risk. We fight the desert each day with any means available, but the desert fights back. The Grove can hardly expand it's borders any more... The roots grow weak... The trunks do not hold against wind... The mightiest ironbarks fail to rise on these poor soils.

Iyathi Bravehawk. Our great druid, one of the first who settled in this place... He was the first to plant the trees that are now the heart of the Grove. He told us he knew of magic trees of some sort that could turn these badlands into flowering meadows. Almost a year ago, he left in search of those trees. He has not returned.

Your mission will be to find Iyathi and bring him back, if it's possible... We pray to Great Spirit for his life, but even a mighty warrior like him can fall. We fear for him. His task was important, but him being missing treads even more on us.

If you don't have any questions, child, we shall give you the items you need for your search."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:25:02 am by Monitor Lisard »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 02:21:08 pm »

"Alright, so you do understand everything... Why are you still here, then? We've got no time to waste!"

Acolyte grabs your hand passively and guides you outside. A few weapon stands await you there. Generally, you prefer a wider range of weaponry to be at you disposal, but- Hey, that long-ass sword looks totally rad!

"Choose wisely, child". The elder states. "The desert does not tolerate the weak" You nod
absentmindedly, trying to assemble the coolest gear ever worn by a warrior. Well, at least how see one after reading "Ustuth the Dragonslayer" and "Ironface" comics.

"Before you leave, child. Here's something you will definetely need when dealing with desertfolk. They call it "money". It is used by them to measure value of different items while bartering. The more worthy the meterial is, the more they will offer you in exchange. These ones are made of so-called rusted iron. Humans and other desert-dwellers make their weapons and tools with that. Don't make them  go to waste right away."

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 03:12:28 am by Monitor Lisard »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 03:48:47 pm »

This is happening? Hype!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kait

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 04:37:23 pm »

Elves have always been my favorite race in this game :D

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12