Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Is that snake in the corner?

Hiss hiss~
- 3 (27.3%)
I don't know really. Anyway, are all goblins this tall?
- 4 (36.4%)
I did enjoy Masterwork Gear Assembly 3!
- 4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Fighter's Journey (MS Paint Adventure) - Back in Action!  (Read 24082 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Fighter's Journey (MS Paint Adventure) - Back in Action!
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2017, 04:47:30 pm »

That was not at all what I meant about hanging cloth from the horn. I was thinking a sheet of cloth attached to the helm at both the base and tip of the horn, as well as at the tips of the wings.

As for the "business deal" - no. Fog that bastard. We're going in to town, as I've suggested earlier - as if that is nothing out of the ordinary.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »

Think of a brim for the hat. Tell the man you will give him a yam for directions to a temple or tavern.
A temple can get you information likely for free and in a likely less shady environment.

Tavern can also provide information as part of idle chatter, at the risk of more devious characters. 
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2017, 05:57:09 pm »

Own the cloth tied around your unicorn horn.  It looks rad, and you shouldn't change it just to please those other voices in your head.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2017, 06:07:53 pm »

Own the cloth tied around your unicorn horn.  It looks rad, and you shouldn't change it just to please those other voices in your head.
The ball itself is not a problem. The problem is that it needs to protect your face/head/etc. from the sun, and that is not currently occurring. Anyway, that's not important right now.
Yes, getting to a temple or tavern is a good idea. I'd suggest the temple.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2017, 06:24:11 pm »

PANIC PANIC PANIC MAKE AN IRRATIONAL DECISION DO NOT PAY THE GUARD RUN RUN RUN
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2017, 06:53:07 am »

No... no, please don't. Panic is bad and leads to poor decisions. Try to keep calm, if nothing else.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2017, 10:38:32 pm »

No... no, please don't. Panic is bad and leads to poor decisions. Try to keep calm, if nothing else.
PANIC LEADS TO AWESOMENESS! PANIC!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2017, 08:18:15 pm »

Panic leads to hurting yourself and bad situations, and "awesomeness" is only a result of panic so much as (calmly) figuring out how to extract yourself from a complete rout of a battle is a result of going into said battle without any plan whatsoever. In other words, it is figuring out how to get back to your original situation before the disaster, if not actually still being worse off, rather than true awesomess that involves starting from one position and so sucessfully enacting a plan that you're overall goals are even more furthered than ever possibly expected.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2017, 09:22:49 pm »

Panic leads to hurting yourself and bad situations, and "awesomeness" is only a result of panic so much as (calmly) figuring out how to extract yourself from a complete rout of a battle is a result of going into said battle without any plan whatsoever. In other words, it is figuring out how to get back to your original situation before the disaster, if not actually still being worse off, rather than true awesomess that involves starting from one position and so sucessfully enacting a plan that you're overall goals are even more furthered than ever possibly expected.

I REFUTE THIS
STRONGLY

I STRONGLY REFUTE THIS

STRONGLY, REFUTE THIS I

I STRONGLY THIS REFUTE

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2017, 02:25:23 pm »

I REFUTE THIS
STRONGLY

I STRONGLY REFUTE THIS

STRONGLY, REFUTE THIS I

I STRONGLY THIS REFUTE
We may almost certainly need to seek mental help. The local temple is likely the best readily accessible location where we may be able to receive it - or have all the demons exorcized, as the case may be.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2017, 12:45:32 am »

I REFUTE THIS
STRONGLY

I STRONGLY REFUTE THIS

STRONGLY, REFUTE THIS I

I STRONGLY THIS REFUTE
We may almost certainly need to seek mental help. The local temple is likely the best readily accessible location where we may be able to receive it - or have all the demons exorcized, as the case may be.
PANIC!

Also quote pyramid.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2017, 01:16:56 am »

I REFUTE THIS
STRONGLY

I STRONGLY REFUTE THIS

STRONGLY, REFUTE THIS I

I STRONGLY THIS REFUTE
PANIC!

Also quote pyramid.

QUOTE PYRAMIDS ARE GOOD

THEY SERVE AS TEMPLES

TO PANIC

PANIC PANIC RUN SCREAM ACT IN A HIGHLY IRRATIONAL AND ABSURD MANNER

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:10 am »

BLAM

And thus dies the pyramid.

Here it is, in its grave:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways...
Let's try to extract ourselves (tactfully) and find the local temple.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2017, 10:41:28 am »

No panic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2017, 12:27:08 pm »

spoiler]

I REFUTE THIS
STRONGLY

I STRONGLY REFUTE THIS

STRONGLY, REFUTE THIS I

I STRONGLY THIS REFUTE
PANIC!

Also quote pyramid.

QUOTE PYRAMIDS ARE GOOD

THEY SERVE AS TEMPLES

TO PANIC

PANIC PANIC RUN SCREAM ACT IN A HIGHLY IRRATIONAL AND ABSURD MANNER
[/spoiler
Neeeh heh heh heh heeh
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12