Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: What's The Cruelest Act Of Armok You've Seen?  (Read 39133 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: What's The Cruelest Act Of Armok You've Seen?
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 05:45:34 pm »

I thew a warthog by the ear, moved a space, and was promptly brained by the air-borne animal.
All hail Dwarf Neo.

Waitwaitwait... OH CARP.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

StumpytheOzzie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 06:44:23 pm »

Do gay dwarves dreaming of raising a family count?

I also had an "extreme miner". I've forgotten the name. He was an immigrant who was a cheesemaker or something useless. When it was time to breach the magma tube to create the base for the workshops he was "randomly chosen" for the job. He survived, so when it was time to breach another wall, he was chosen again. And again and again. Cave spider bait, collapsing earthworks, mining out wells in a fast and unsafe way he survived it all, totally unscathed. It was like he had some guardian angel.

One day there was a goblin siege. In the initial engagement there were a few (20?) deaths. Extreme miner was eventually drafted into the military as an emergency reserve. Good gear too! But his face was exposed. In a mopping up skirmish, somebody lost their mind because their wife died or something and went berzerk. Mournful berzerk dwarf punched my miner in the face and cut the skin.

The rest of the dwarves that survived the initial goblin siege received perfect medical care. Nobody else died, even though there were lost legs, broken arms, many many wounds.

Extreme miner died about 3 years later of infection. In hospital, on a bed between the chest that contained the soap and the well he dug. While the chief medical dwarf was at a party.
Jesus doesn't embark in terrifying biomes, and these forums certainly count.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »

......... CURSE YOU, GERMS!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2015, 11:09:42 pm »

Armok requires anvils to make anvils.

The first anvil was Armok's own beard.  Armok glared at the iron to melt it and then pounded it into shape with his fists, gifting it to the First Dwarves.
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2015, 03:10:56 pm »

The first anvil was Armok's own beard.  Armok glared at the iron to melt it and then pounded it into shape with his fists, gifting it to the First Dwarves.

But before giving it to the dwarves, he used it to forge his sword, CharMite, made of the millions of tortured souls he has vanquished.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2015, 01:27:34 pm »

But before giving it to the dwarves, he used it to forge his sword, CharMite, made of the millions of tortured souls he has vanquished.
CharMite? Is that an Uristmon, or something?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2015, 08:50:48 pm »

I dunno i that popped it my head. Its a combination of Char and Smite. Seemed appropiate.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

contheman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2015, 10:35:51 pm »

Armok giveth and Armok taketh away.
I had one majorly distraught fortress, but it was mostly my fault.

I was digging out rooms for magma pumps. The first set of pump stations were not to my satisfaction so I designated a second set. While I was waiting for the pump parts to be built, I designated that certain parts of the first set of pump stations be modified for other uses. While my dwarves were mining, there were at least two cave-ins and two dwarves who ended up in the magma pool at the bottom the tunnel. I called it quits on the modifications before anymore were lost.

Next, I made a prototype perpetual water pump with two water wheels above ground by the main stream. I forgot to add a fail safe, and, of course, the bloody thing overflowed. I designated the whole contraption to be deconstructed, but no one could reach the the pump or the water wheels. Over the course of a few months water reached the foot of the bridge at the entrance of my trade depot's fortification. One of the merchant caravans had trouble crossing to get into the depot's fortification. So I got fed up and, like a New Deal work program, I had my dwarves work to channel a massive reservoir pit. Then, I had them channel some of the water away from the source of the pump system. Because they were dwarves, some of them arbitrarily channeled  all around themselves and below. At least two of them drowned, never to be recovered from the channels but well within plain site.

Later on, I built a military to deal with all the guests from the caverns and elsewhere. They were all noobs, and, to be fair, so was I at the time. Well one day, some rutherers came up to greet the dwarves. All my dwarves went to dispatch the beasties as I ordered, but not a one of them took a weapon. I had ten unarmed dwarves fighting two rutherers to the point of exhaustion (granted part of the squad killed another rutherer in the tunnels). Then, cave crocodile came and killed three of the conscious recruits. I decided to abandon the fort before any other tragedies befell the fort.

The moral of the story is that memorial slabs are the kindest gift Armok has granted dwarvenkind.
-An Anthropological Study as an Adventurer-
The Adventures of Lord Cikul Knifejoke
The Under Appreciated Anthropologist of Steel
-A Fortress History-
The Founding of an Egypto-Dwarven Outpost
Life in Canyonfuture

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2015, 05:17:10 am »

After an extended epidemic of werebeasts, I successfully isolated the infection to one dorf in one room. After leaving him there for some time, I found that he was about 140 years old, and was quite happy with his lot in life. I found this saddening, for some reason.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2015, 12:29:50 pm »

I once had my fortress reduced to one dwarf. All new migrants fell to my convuluted, malfunctioning trap system. I assigned mr Urist all labors, and then managed to survive 3 years by himself. Then he got bit by a vampire. The end.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2016, 10:47:34 am »

I just witnessed the death of one of the darkest threads on bay 12. Its humor was perfectly dark, showing the horrible treatment of dwarf kind. 

But, seriously, though. I just witnessed a dog that had gotten the back half of its body chopped off at the legs. Essentially, It would pull itself around, pulling on its body as it dragged its intestines around. I tried to have him slaughtered, but he was adopted.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2016, 10:51:59 am »

SUrely not after the chopping?
One wheel short of a wagon

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2016, 11:01:22 am »

now, now, the first anvil is a deep theological discussion and not everybody agrees on it, lets not start a flame war here

everyone knows the first anvil was a living elfs face that was used to make the second anvil
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2016, 11:17:26 am »

I just witnessed the death of one of the darkest threads on bay 12. Its humor was perfectly dark, showing the horrible treatment of dwarf kind. 

But, seriously, though. I just witnessed a dog that had gotten the back half of its body chopped off at the legs. Essentially, It would pull itself around, pulling on its body as it dragged its intestines around. I tried to have him slaughtered, but he was adopted.
As a dog person, this gets me right in the feels. Can't wait until we have vets implemented to fix up injured war dogs.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2016, 12:08:59 pm »

SUrely not after the chopping?

Yep. basically, the dog had red legs, and red hindquarters.  SO, he was either disabled, or chopped in half.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7