Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: What's The Cruelest Act Of Armok You've Seen?  (Read 39145 times)

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's The Cruelest Act Of Armok You've Seen?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 09:17:23 am »

If they pair, I believe they will pair with members of their species (so dwarf werebeast with another dwarf, werebeast or not) and will produce a normal child of their species (testing with female werebeasts will probably lead to dead babies)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 09:22:13 am »

...werebabies.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 09:36:27 am »

Armok creates monsters out of vapors, literal glass cannons infeabled by design.

Armok requires anvils to make anvils.

Armok doesn't allow dwarves to ride mounts.

Armok creates a reality bubble around your fort, trapping its denizens.

Armok knows how to reaninate headless bodies with its soul intact, but doesnt alloww resurrection secrets
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 10:38:41 am »

...werebabies.
If they pair, I believe they will pair with members of their species (so dwarf werebeast with another dwarf, werebeast or not) and will produce a normal child of their species (testing with female werebeasts will probably lead to dead babies)

A mother riding a minecart through a submerged track will drop the baby before riding the minecart.  So this can be a way to separate mother and baby.

The next puzzle would be on how to control were-mother's infecting baby via a scratching only.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 11:25:58 am »

PTW, this should be Fun.

I should mention that I am ineligible for this because I use modded games.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:52:17 pm by StupidElves »
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 11:56:31 am »

Armok doesn't allow dwarves to ride mounts.

Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 12:04:39 pm »

technically babies ride their mother as if they were mounts.  at least mechanically
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:07:33 pm by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 12:53:16 pm »

technically babies ride their mother as if they were mounts.  at least mechanically

I thought the mother carried the baby in one hand? Doesn't seem like it could be both.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 12:57:15 pm »

I played my first succession fort, Breadbowl.  I chose a macedwarf that was given an artifact, cool I thought. 
Became a mace lord after a siege that depresses citizens from all the corpse cleanup. 
One of the tantrum was the grown daughter of this macedwarf who beat up the mayor.
Not knowing what to do as I squad position the macedwarf who did notthing but watch. 
I appointed the macedwarf as captain of the guard, and the tantruming daughter stopped.
It was just coincidence that the tantrum stopped since I have not played with the justice featured. 

Anyway, I finished my turn, and role played the tantrum beating as misunderstanding. 
The next overseer accused the daughter, and the father macedwarf went to give dwarven justice.
The result was the macedwarf pulped the daughter's brain.  Thanks Armok.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 12:59:01 pm »

Combat mechanics are those of a mount.
PKs DF Mod!

Nibblewerfer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 01:07:26 pm »

Can a mother hold a baby with no hands?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 01:18:05 pm »

???
One wheel short of a wagon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 01:22:04 pm »

???
Babies are treated as mounting the mother in combat.  That includes not being the primary target unless the mother is distracted.
PKs DF Mod!

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 01:53:08 pm »

Well, he could become a werebeast, which might make spousing... complex... at worst.

This has the potential to create a great story. It needs to be tried.

...and it needs to be done for the sake of SCIENCE as well. Do we know if werebeasts pair up? What about with other werebeasts? What kind of kids do they have? What if they are not the same kind of werebeast?
Too late, I've already deleted that world and I don't feel like trying to arrange for an unfortunate accident to happen to anyone's family jewels. Besides, neither that world nor my new world have any werebeasts anyways.

That said, I thought about this, and here's what we'd need to figure out:

• Do werebeasts regrow their family jewels on the night of the full moon?
  • If so, do they retain them once they revert back?
  • Will werebeasts of the same type mate with each other on the night of the full moon?
  • If so, would they still mate with each other on the night of the full moon if they would not mate in their default forms due to personality incompatibility/lack of marriage?
  • If 2 werebeasts have pre-existing relationships with other people, will that prevent mating?
  • Will 2 werebeasts mate with each other if they are of different base species?
  • Do werebeasts of different types (ie; wereiguana with werecrocodile) mate on the full moon?
  • If any of the previously mentioned factors do not inhibit full moon mating, will any combination of them inhibit it?
  • Do children conceived during werebeast mode count towards fulfilling the "raising a family" dream for the mother and/or father?
  • Even when the parents would never have gotten freaky with each other in their normal forms?

Figuring out the first 2 should be relatively easy: just have a gelded dwarf infected, then check whether he's gelded during and after his first transformation. The others are a bit more complicated.

The first step is to obtain 10 couples, all unwed without lovers, possessing a dream of raising a family and are dwarfs. Couples A, B, C, D, E and F need to be compatible for marriage, while Couples F, G, H and I must be incompatible, and everyone should not be infected until they reach the desired relationship status. Couple A need to become married but prevented from conceiving in their default forms (if it turns out a gelded werebeast regains his his family jewels when he transforms but loses them once he turns back, gelding might be an easier solution than keeping them separate), while Couple B need to become lovers but then separated except for the night of the full moon to prevent their relationship from developing further. Couple C need to become friends, Couple D Long-Term Acquaintances, Couple E  Once all everything is set up, each couple must be isolated from each other and only be allowed to interact with their mating partners on the night of the full moon.

If Couple A produces offspring, that is enough to prove that werebeasts mate during the full moon and whether or not children of those unions satisfy the "raise a family" dream. The other couples are just there to see whether or not non-married werebeasts will mate and similarly have their dreams fulfilled, as well as if relationships from their regular form will enable or prevent mating (and if Toady saw any of this coming and has already implemented code for shotguns weddings). If they do mate out of wedlock, then extensive testing needs to be done on whether or not werebeasts will cheat on relationships from their normal form when they transform, and if negative relationships with the mating partner can prohibit this cheating where it would otherwise occur (and if Toady also has codes for divorce). Testing will also need to be done for couples not of the same base species. Once all that is done, every coupling found to produce offspring must be tested again with the one difference being that the partners will always be different kinds of werebeasts.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7