Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: What's The Cruelest Act Of Armok You've Seen?  (Read 39134 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: What's The Cruelest Act Of Armok You've Seen?
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2016, 12:16:31 pm »

That's some fucked-up dwarven kindness.
One wheel short of a wagon

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2016, 02:35:11 pm »

Me playing 6 months of a succession fortress according to Necrothreat
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 02:36:43 pm by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2016, 08:30:34 pm »

I just witnessed the death of one of the darkest threads on bay 12. Its humor was perfectly dark, showing the horrible treatment of dwarf kind.
Oh. Which one was that?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2016, 11:41:51 pm »

I just witnessed the death of one of the darkest threads on bay 12. Its humor was perfectly dark, showing the horrible treatment of dwarf kind.
Oh. Which one was that?
I think it got necro'd, actually.

Also sig'd.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Somebodyelse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2016, 09:12:44 pm »

Once I had a fresh embark that started my dwarves near a scattered pile of random armor and skeletons.

I checked the surrounding for why and found a zombie Roc a dozen squares from my wagon.

GG

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2016, 03:34:59 am »

But, seriously, though. I just witnessed a dog that had gotten the back half of its body chopped off at the legs. Essentially, It would pull itself around, pulling on its body as it dragged its intestines around. I tried to have him slaughtered, but he was adopted.
He can make it on his own!
:P
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2016, 01:08:12 am »

Once I had a fresh embark that started my dwarves near a scattered pile of random armor and skeletons.

I checked the surrounding for why and found a zombie Roc a dozen squares from my wagon.

GG

oh jesus christ

I can see that ending badly.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2016, 12:33:13 pm »

I Once spawned in next to a cliff, and one of my dwarves ended uo midair. He was decapitated upon hitting bottom. We couldnt reach his body for a month.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2016, 09:40:46 pm »

A while back, I was playing a surface fort with all dwarves living and working in buildings. My miners discover Adamantium! I celebrate this accomplishment by creating a dedicated adamantium processing building with nine workshops.

But then disaster strikes. A horrible monster tick crawls out of the underworld right into the middle of my fort. My military promptly slaughter the thing. Satisfied by the pool of monster tick gore, I write off the episode as a success.

Big mistake. The blood carries a plague that causes flesh rot. Dwarves - starting with my military heroes - are dragged one after another to my hospital where despite the desperate work of the doctors, they slowly perish. Everyone catches it. Everyone.

And then the tantrum spiral sets in. Everyone at my hospital - which is everyone at this point - engages in the mother of all brawls. They writhes insanely across the blood-soaked floor, gouging and biting at one another as madness claims their minds just as the rot has claimed their bodies. It was downright hellish.
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2016, 05:20:46 am »

I once had a dwarf, a clerk who was a part of my citizen militia (they were all equipped with crossbows and leather Armour of course). And he was inevitably injured when he was dragged into the underground lake by a giant cave spider. for months they fought in cold dark water the clerk barely keeping his head above the waves. And in one of the most bad-ass displays i have ever seen he killed a giant cave spider by himself in water while have the majority of his bones broken. He dragged himself out of the water with broken legs and arms and was dragged to the hospital.

You would think that would be the end of the story, Heroic dwarf shows amazing skills and lives to fight another day. Well the citizens of this fort had another idea. It appeared that he had accidentally hit another dwarf with a crossbow bolt during his epic fight and that dwarf and his friends were pissed. I am not joking when I say he was dragged to a isolated hospital bed and was beaten upon by 10 guys. The thing is he survived for far longer than he should have, they took eyes, ears and teeth. they broke bones and punctured organs. But the awful thing the awful, awful thing. that actually made me laugh in pity and despair was that The chief medical dwarf still patched him up. Soon there were not any eyes or ears or teeth left so they started taking limbs. And when they cut him up and broke his bones and took his tongue he was healed by a passing doctor. This happened for 2 years until he was a quadriplegic, deaf, blind cripple who was put out his misery by the passing Axe lord by a swift chop to the head.

Never have I seen something so cruel. Amok save us all.         
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:24:20 am by Thorgrim Grudgebearer »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2016, 08:17:00 am »

I had a very long playthrough where many terrible things happened due to the fort i was recoaiming and the terrible mods i created. Im making a forum story of it here. Search Boozeweiser
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2016, 10:46:52 am »

It appeared that he had accidentally hit another dwarf with a crossbow bolt during his epic fight and that dwarf and his friends were pissed.

That shouldn't be possible unless the dwarf who got hit was not a fortress dwarf.  There's no "friendly fire" in this game.  No matter how badly you miss, you may hit a different enemy but not someone on your own side.

This does sound like a miniature loyalty cascade, though.  Makes me wonder what the actual trigger event was.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2016, 03:32:29 pm »

on embark everyone is on top of a frozen river.
6 seconds later everyone except the hunter (who had good sense to get to dry land) was drowning. I took pity on them and used dfhack to teleport them to dry land. a few died because stuff fell of the wagon and killed them. also for anyone who wants to know you can resurrect dead people with full-heal -r
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2016, 07:29:25 pm »

It's a good thing my dwarves are ambidextrous.

I once had a woodcutter who got hit by a falling log that crushed his right hand, mangling it beyond recognition.
He got up and continued cutting down trees afterwards. He was lucky.

I once had a woodcutter who was not so lucky. A log crushed his throat.
He still managed to cut down another tree before he bled to death, though. Talk about dedication.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Thorgrim Grudgebearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2016, 12:18:26 am »

It appeared that he had accidentally hit another dwarf with a crossbow bolt during his epic fight and that dwarf and his friends were pissed.

That shouldn't be possible unless the dwarf who got hit was not a fortress dwarf.  There's no "friendly fire" in this game.  No matter how badly you miss, you may hit a different enemy but not someone on your own side.

This does sound like a miniature loyalty cascade, though.  Makes me wonder what the actual trigger event was.

Really? That is quite interesting, I do wonder what the hell could of caused it then.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7