Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Drawbridge Diaries  (Read 1779 times)

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
  • Turn to face the strange
    • View Profile
Drawbridge Diaries
« on: November 03, 2015, 05:27:37 am »

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ Drawbridge Diaries ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

1. Day and Night Cycle
Day begins at GMT 4am and Night begins at GMT 4pm. You can see the current time in GMT here.

2. Season Cycle
Spring begins Mar 1. Summer begins Jun 1. Fall begins Sep 1. Winter begins Dec 1.

3. Player vs Player Combat
Combat involves use of weapons that act in a rock, paper, scissors manner. A ref agreed upon by both players will receive which weapon is chosen to be used.

4. Gathering resources
Some tools and weapons will enable you to gather resources such as wood, leather, and metals.

5. Crafting
Most weapons, tools, and items can be crafted.

6. Currency
The amount of currency in circulation depends on how many players are active. All players will be taxed very slowly over time.

7. Player Owned Game
The Majesty is the closest thing to a main DM, governing this OP, approving and enforcing game changes, and acting as a final arbitor on disagreements. However, most aspects of the game that require facilitation will be done by players. Indeed this will be the main way to obtain currency in game for most.

Thank you for your interest in this experimental game. Please see instructions for joining, below.

Spoiler: New Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jobs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fishing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Activities (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:16:46 pm by GameBoyBlue »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Drawbridge Stories
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 05:29:30 pm »

PTW, might join when I have more time.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drawbridge Diaries
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 05:48:36 pm »

While Kings Reign(precursor to this game) was already pretty laid back, really, I intend for this to be even more so.

Kind of a multiplayer animal crossing vibe.

It would be nice if the day and night cycles were maintained regularly, but that will be up to it's keepers. Stuff like that.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 09:43:43 pm »

I have set the first community challenge.

CC#1

The goal for this challenge, is shock the first beats into the heart of this game. Breath a little life into the core system.

First, we need to get a Day/Night Cycle going. This will set the tempo for the game.
Now it is up to the keepers of this module, to decide how frequently it will happen, based on player activity, and their own availability.

Second, we need to get out in the Woods. The Wilderness keeper tells players what they find when they go out. If you have ideas how to make this more interesting, join early.
There will be some form of risk taking involved. Going to more dangerous areas, or leaving when a warning has been posted.

There can be many players managing the same module. Infact this will be neccessary to enable some keepers to use those services themselves. The wilderness keeper cant explore when shes doing that job, for example.

Lastly, lets decide on a name. I'd like to have at least 6 ideas by Friday for a name for the kingdom. I will offer one:

Djibouti

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 02:17:56 pm »

This is a pretty good idea, so bump.

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 07:18:57 pm »

Any kingdom name ideas?

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 07:44:12 pm »

Might join. Can be the Majesty? The king will be called the Kingdom of Armok
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 07:53:35 pm »

Might join. Can be the Majesty? The king will be called the Kingdom of Armok

Yes. While the game is still new, I'll stay in control. But I'll put you down as a councilor...

Counselor, if I am away when a new module is suggested, power will go to you to make the call.

And you can have other roles too.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 07:55:32 pm »

I'll be a guard too
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 02:27:01 am »

I'll be a guard too

This means, if I may assume you are particpating in the day/night module, that you control when it is day and night.

You may decide which it is now.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 06:16:47 am »

Night I guess

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 09:54:19 am »

Ok. So here are some consequences of that:
-You performed a task, you get some gold.
-It is more dangerous to go into the wilderness, but perhaps you are more likely to find valuable glowing crystals, ect.
-The pub is open. Akin to mafia, night phase is a kind of lock-down. Any posts means you are visiting the pub.
-If you are in the wilderness, posting at all forfeits your gains and you return early. (also true in day)
-wilderness keepers will be able to write interesting missions for the mission board, likely involving visiting the wilderness and defeating an enemy.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 11:30:10 am »

((Voting for calling the Kingdom Drawbridge :P or Finster))

A rather grizzled man sat deep in the Dungeons of the King's Castle. It wasn't exactly a secret that while usually benevolent the king employed men to make sure that whoever comitted a crime thought thrice about ever doing so again. This host of torturers, interrogators, gaolers, a rather disgusting but creative cook, apprentices and Guards was led by said grizzled man. And right at this moment he leaned back in a rather sumptous chair. In fact the thing looked far too expensive for anything a simple Warden might get as pay, but fact was that it was paid for by prisoners. It is a common rule that prisoners of more elevated social circles always tried to bribe their way into more comfortable lodgings, however, our Warden had long made sure that his loyal host of dungeon staff first accepted bribes, then took the rest of the money off the prisoners and then didn't do jack shit for it. With most of those illicit funds the gaolers, torturers and interrogaters all could afford comfy chairs and all kinds of other luxuries. But to be honest the biggest plus were the comfy chairs, an invaluable asset in a job where one sat most of the time.

Our Warden, a man going by the Name of Friedrich Richter just at this moment, or rather after scratching his backside with the stump of his right hand, decided that today was going to be a bad day. And when the Warden decided that everyone within the Dungeon, from the Interrogators to the Torturers over the apprentices down to the lowest prisoner in the deepest darkest cell, new that it would be so.
And today would be a really terrible day for the Wardens wife was dragging a crying and shouting boy into his office...

GameBoyBlue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 04:12:19 pm »

Interesting ...I'll put you down for the jailer. (What kind of king does it make me to allow this?)

Alright, update and this immediately involves tntey.

So how doing a module will work will be a kind of 'dibs' system. Rather than just some arbitrary sign up sheet, this will allow anyone willing and able to pitch in when an opportunity arises.

So, tntey, if you're willing to keep your job, I have some updates.

So at any time someone can 'dib' to do the prison, or the cycles, or wilderness, or secret action or what ever new modules come up.

It is the responsibility of the cycle keep currently active, to announce who will be performing these tasks for the upcoming phase.

This will lock it in who's doing what next phase. Who ever called dibs first gets it. If no one has and the current one is still willing to do it, they will.

Day/Night Phase shift can only occur if some core modules handled, for now we'll say that is Day/Night Cycle and Wilderness.

Edit: So for the next phase to start(we'll put a minimum of 12 hours each, no sooner than that) we need someone to call dibs on cycles(currently you tntey) and someone to call dibs on hosting the wilderness.

Which I will go ahead and do: I call dibs on Wilderness module.

Edit: So when you decide to make it day, list who will be hosting what module.

Edit: Also, note that you got payed gold. Just say +10, well have some other module for keeping tack of everyones totals(like a tax collector), or we'll have everyone do it individually.

And then continue note gains/payments for doing modules that players did last cycle.

Nevermind this part, this will be for someone else. All necessary info has been added to OP.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:12:49 pm by GameBoyBlue »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 04:18:45 pm »

((I have no idea what king it makes you...but you already have a Prison, so i presumed that job would be open or need someone))
Pages: [1] 2