Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Eventful] eventful.registerSidebar does not work for furnaces?  (Read 1560 times)

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Eventful] eventful.registerSidebar does not work for furnaces?
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:42:24 am »

so i made this tool to design workshop menus (which i intended to eventually make available here), it builds on eventful to catch when a workshop's sidebar ui is drawn. the problem is, it doesnt seem to work for furnaces.

i use eventful.registerSidebar to register each workshop type with its own menu, and this works for workshops. i do the same with furnaces, eventful doesnt complain or anything, but the callback is never called.

this is quite a problem, i spent a huge amount of work on this and if eventful just cant handle furnaces for some odd reason the whole thing is doomed. is there maybe anything i missed? i double and triple checked the names, etc.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:25:05 pm by Bogus »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: [Eventful] eventful.registerSidebar does not work for furnances?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:58:43 am »

so i made this tool to design workshop menus (which i intended to eventually make available here), it builds on eventful to catch when a workshop's sidebar ui is drawn. the problem is, it doesnt seem to work for furnances.

i use eventful.registerSidebar to register each workshop type with its own menu, and this works for workshops. i do the same with furnances, eventful doesnt complain or anything, but the callback is never called.

this is quite a problem, i spent a huge amount of work on this and if eventful just cant handle furnances for some odd reason the whole thing is doomed. is there maybe anything i missed? i double and triple checked the names, etc.
I probably missed them. Sorry. Is there any reason why it has to be furnace?

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 11:55:09 am »

yeah, its a tool to make menus, not one single menu. i will use it in several places in my mod and also want to make it available for everyone else to use. so it definitly should be able to handle furnaces.

if you are going to make a fix to eventful for this i will be eternally grateful :) i would do it myself but the part that handles this seems to be in the .dll and i have no idea how to work with that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:24:45 pm by Bogus »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:07:15 pm »

yeah, its a tool to make menus, not one single menu. i will use it in several places in my mod and also want to make it available for everyone else to use. so it definitly should be able to handle furnaces.

if you are going to make a fix to eventful for this i will be eternally grateful :) i would do it myself but the part that handles this seems to be in the .dll and i have no idea how to work with that.
i made a fix but haven't tested it yet.

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Eventful] eventful.registerSidebar does not work for furnaces?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 02:06:15 pm »

thats cool, thanks a lot. is there a trivial way to compile this into .dll so i can test it?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 04:24:52 am »

thats cool, thanks a lot. is there a trivial way to compile this into .dll so i can test it?
Trivial and compile does not exist in one sentence :)

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 04:37:51 am »

sad, but not unexspected.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 11:10:57 pm »

Also, it turns out that that change doesn't actually compile. I'll try to get it into the next release, though (soon!)
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 12:19:38 am »

Also, it turns out that that change doesn't actually compile. I'll try to get it into the next release, though (soon!)
Thank you. Been existing on minimal amounts of sleep already.

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 07:28:06 am »

bump.

is this fix going to be in the next dfhack release?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 09:34:16 am »

bump.

is this fix going to be in the next dfhack release?
Should be in current (alpha?) release